W
watty
Guest
Today we have medication that alters the brain architecture in 3 hours. These are Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). They are used for various medical conditions. Pain medicine will also alter your ability to think clearly especially narcotics.
I know God has given us the knowledge of how to use medicine. We must not become dependent upon medication to the point we don't pray and ask God to heal us.
Here is something to think about. God put a thorn in Paul's side for whatever his reasons were. That thorn caused Paul great pain when God chose for the thorn to do that. What if Paul started taking narcotics to alleviate the pain of the thorn. Do you think Paul would have been able to do all that he did? I am not suggesting we don't take our prescribed medicines, what I am saying is pray and ask God for healing.
I know from personal experience that God is able to do more than any medication can. I have neuropathy all over my body and was prescribed Percocet. The prescription said I could take a maximum of 12 per day. Percocet is a narcotic and I could not think straight on them. I asked for a non narcotic pain reliever and I pray when under the attack of neuropathy pain. Praying has afforded me comfort and a clear state of mind.
Believe me after you take 6 Percocet you won't remember to pray, you take another Percocet. Do you think you have the ability to count correctly under the influence of a narcotic, no you don't. Don't you think that once Satan knows you have neuropathy he will bring about pain. Well I can tell you this, ask God to remove that pain in prayer and he will. I thank God I did not fall prey to Satan and become addicted to narcotics. Pray for comfort and safety in all things.
I know God has given us the knowledge of how to use medicine. We must not become dependent upon medication to the point we don't pray and ask God to heal us.
Here is something to think about. God put a thorn in Paul's side for whatever his reasons were. That thorn caused Paul great pain when God chose for the thorn to do that. What if Paul started taking narcotics to alleviate the pain of the thorn. Do you think Paul would have been able to do all that he did? I am not suggesting we don't take our prescribed medicines, what I am saying is pray and ask God for healing.
I know from personal experience that God is able to do more than any medication can. I have neuropathy all over my body and was prescribed Percocet. The prescription said I could take a maximum of 12 per day. Percocet is a narcotic and I could not think straight on them. I asked for a non narcotic pain reliever and I pray when under the attack of neuropathy pain. Praying has afforded me comfort and a clear state of mind.
Believe me after you take 6 Percocet you won't remember to pray, you take another Percocet. Do you think you have the ability to count correctly under the influence of a narcotic, no you don't. Don't you think that once Satan knows you have neuropathy he will bring about pain. Well I can tell you this, ask God to remove that pain in prayer and he will. I thank God I did not fall prey to Satan and become addicted to narcotics. Pray for comfort and safety in all things.