Meditation for Health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
There has been a lot of studies on the benefits of meditation. It handles inflammation, cancer, arthritis, blood pressure and everything that stress brings on. I have used it effectively for pain, stopping a cold, for all sorts of healing.

When we know the Lord, we know there are many dangers in some of the secular ways we are told to meditate, for it can be a way of accepting whatever spirit is out there, of simply emptying our minds of God. That is very dangerous. God tells us to meditate, and the secular method is not what God had in mind. True meditate is simply quietly centering our minds in all that is of God. It does wonders.

G

Godslyric

Not only is this a great subject in reference to health for the body, but the inter relationship between the body, the mind, and the help that, that all brings to the table in reference to building an even stronger TRUST in the Lord...I was an athlete until I was 42. I trained 6 days a week, hiked up canyons every day, lifted weights, and was in a ring sparring a few times a week. Got hit alot...lol... I suddenly went from 185 pounds, with the capacity to take a grown man up off his feet with a good left hook, to 130 pounds having to be helped to my car in a matter of a 4 months, or so. I have something called Dysautonomia, and it triggered ulcerative colitis, which between the two of them have placed me in the hospital twice nearly dead in the last 15 years..(The illness brought me to Christ, before it, I wasent a very easy man to deal with) And the dysautonomia is still at me every day, but Im a healthy man again, pretty much anyway...My point to all this is this, if it weren't for a diligent effort on my part to meditate on The Lord every day, my fears would rule the house, and the house would perish in fast order. Fear Kills!!! For me, meditation not only relaxes the mind and body, which in turn allows the vascular system to relax, and carry oxogen throughout the body in a more efficient manner, which in turn, relaxes the body and mind even more, but the organs get fed better, and they function better, and tend to address all the things Red Tent has listed in the above post.... For me, all this translates into assistance from God, to help me create a better environment for my mind and my body to exists in, and more importantly! enhancing my Faith, by overcoming my fear of death and sickness, and that helps build even a stronger Faith. I do realize these are extreme circumstances in my case, but i believe that meditation can be of assistance to even a person with no health difficulties at all ... Dont mistake my view in this matter as basing my faith on my healing, I dont play that tune...When I last was in the hospital, I had a 50/50 chance of getting out, and really wasent experiencing any fear of leaving this planet, but wasent in a hurry to go either... Christ calls the shots there, not me...And Im good with either path He lays out for me...I just think meditation, like anything else has to be directed to Toward The Lord, and The Lord Only...Just sayin,

Last edited: