Memorial for the Victims of 911 From the Orthodox Christian Tradition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWB0cqRk-E[/video]
Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on them. Through the prayers of Thy Most Pure Mother, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on them. Amen.

N

NitzWalsh

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWB0cqRk-E[/video]
Starting around 1:49 it sounds like they're saying it's through Mary that mankind has found redemption.

Aug 18, 2011
Starting around 1:49 it sounds like they're saying it's through Mary that mankind has found redemption.
Do not disrespect the Virgin Mary. It was through Mary that we found redemption, because she is the portal by which heaven came to earth.
She is the proof of the Incarnation of the Son of God. God made flesh.

The hymns they were singing were hymns of Faith, faith in the incarnation of God, but also they were asking her to pray for us to God.

Nothing wrong with asking for prayers, its just like me asking you to pray for me. But let me ask you this: Do you think you are holier or more righteous than the Virgin Mary and the Saints so that your prayers are stronger?

The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James5:16*NKJ)

Protestants like to criticize us for praying to the Saints or the Virgin Mary because they think that they are holier or just as holy as every other Christian and don't need their prayers. But this is Christian Communism. Its like they are envious or are terrified at the fact that they may not be as holy as some of the other Christians who lived before them...

I pray for that they come to the True Church so that they find divine healing for their souls, because the Church is a spiritual hospital. We are all sin sick sinners, needing healing and divine grace. The Saints were those who were made God-like and were completely healed of all sin. They are glorified in Christ.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2010
Do not disrespect the Virgin Mary. It was through Mary that we found redemption, because she is the portal by which heaven came to earth.
She is the proof of the Incarnation of the Son of God. God made flesh.

The hymns they were singing were hymns of Faith, faith in the incarnation of God, but also they were asking her to pray for us to God.

Nothing wrong with asking for prayers, its just like me asking you to pray for me. But let me ask you this: Do you think you are holier or more righteous than the Virgin Mary and the Saints so that your prayers are stronger?

The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James5:16*NKJ)

Protestants like to criticize us for praying to the Saints or the Virgin Mary because they think that they are holier or just as holy as every other Christian and don't need their prayers. But this is Christian Communism. Its like they are envious or are terrified at the fact that they may not be as holy as some of the other Christians who lived before them...

I pray for that they come to the True Church so that they find divine healing for their souls, because the Church is a spiritual hospital. We are all sin sick sinners, needing healing and divine grace. The Saints were those who were made God-like and were completely healed of all sin. They are glorified in Christ.
How do you know the saints you pray to are really saints? They could be dead guys.

Aug 18, 2011
How do you know the saints you pray to are really saints? They could be dead guys.
Usually it is because of miracles that are witnessed that they are called Saints. How are they dead when they are in Heaven?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2010
Usually it is because of miracles that are witnessed that they are called Saints. How are they dead when they are in Heaven?
Really?

Can I see a list of your saints and all the miracles they performed please?

Will get to the witnesses later if need be.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Praying to Mary is idol worship. Mary is not God.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So, you pray to someone else, to go to God on your behalf. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of Christ being sacrificed? Christ goes to God on our behalf.

May 2, 2011
Do you realize the WORLD TRADE Center buildings are money temples to World Trade,
Globalism and New World Order? For many years, even before their construction, many
preached against these buildings and what they represent(ed). All during this time, many
were active in peaceful protest against global government, global religion, global trade.
This should be our mission too, as well as calling them out, and calling them to, Jesus as
Lord.

Or those eighteen(3000), upon whom the tower in Siloam(The World Trade Center in New
York) fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in
Jerusalem?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luke 13:4 -5

He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he
came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking
fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground
And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and
dung it:
And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. Luke 13:6 -9