mental or spiritual

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
my friend has mental issues. he thinks i am the apostle john. i believe the devil is giving him a hard time. he talks to people who are not there. i believe he is talking to spirits.

T

Tombo

I think your friend should see a doctor. Seeing and talking to people who aren't there could be a sign of serious mental illness. He could be suffering from schizophrenia or some other mental disorder. He could be a danger to himself or others. Please encourage him to see psychiatrist or go to an emergengy room right away.
God bless.

Tom

A

AnandaHya

my friend has mental issues. he thinks i am the apostle john. i believe the devil is giving him a hard time. he talks to people who are not there. i believe he is talking to spirits.
is he Christian?

If you read the Bible angels never stick around after they deliver their message, if any spirit likes to hang around humans they are most likely familiar spirits and NOT angels or messengers from GOD.

Leviticus 19:31
‘Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6
‘And the person who turns to mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people.

Feb 16, 2011
he has a doctor. i am supposed to take him to get his medication today but he went for a walk about three hours ago and has not returned. i hope his medication works.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I knew someone like that in school and for him it was a demon issue. He was a normal student, its just that when he was alone he used to talk to two spirits which he said he was born with. Anyway, my advice to you is keep praying for your friend. I believe madness too is the work of demons and can be removed through prayer too. If you have other bible believing christians around you, get them to pray with you. We are more than conquerors, and have been equiped to overcome the enemy. God bless

M

mmlj29

There could be a natural and a spiritual side to it. I think its good in situations like this to seek medical attention and be open to taken medication, but you cant ignore the spiritual side of it either. Sometimes when we have weaknesses, evil spirits can see that as an golden opportunity to pounce on us. Prayer always helps...

I think too often people go to one extreme side or the other. Some people only see the spiritual side and will completely dismiss the idea of seeing a doctor or taking medication. While others will only see the natural side to it and completely dismiss any notion that it could be demonic. I believe sometimes the truth could be in the middle.

J

jthomasnaz

Jesus can see through the mind. everyone is in their own mental world. Very few people see things the way I do. And very few people see things exactly the same. My world is different than yours. What is important is- Is Jesus in charge of my mind? That is what is important.
If I am out of control-meaning that I am unscriptural or unChristlike, or immoral, or violent, then there is a serious issue.