MGTOW

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Sad really that men are against women and women against men and now we have groups that promote this. I think I would rather stay single. I would hate to meet an angry man and I suspect alot of men would hate to meet an angry woman. I think unless God points someone out to you, stay single.
Hi Ruby. You don't have to worry because these MGTOW men have sworn off dating.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
That's fine. The problem is, so many of them do so much swearing AT dating, and at women. o_O
I had to google what MGTOW meant. So silly the whole idea, or is it just me?

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I had to google what MGTOW meant. So silly the whole idea, or is it just me?
The idea itself isn't silly. However, some men are still in their "anger phases" because they've been burned in relationships. As I said upthread, if a guy wants to "go his own way" and live his life without being involved with women, that's his business. I believe that no man should be shamed either for wanting to be with a woman (or in this case, NOT wanting to be with one).

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi Ruby. You don't have to worry because these MGTOW men have sworn off dating.
No..

Only MGTOWs who are MGTOW Monks have totally sworn off all dating with woman..

There are only two rules that all MGTOWs are under..

1) Never marry a woman..

2) Never live with a woman..

There are MGTOW who pursue woman and date them.. If one is a Christian MGTOW then they would be a MGTOW Monk because any sexual relationship outside marriage is not allowed for a Christian.. But unbelieving MGTOWs can pursue woman for dates..

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
me thinks... whatever movement we follow (if we are involved in one), what is the focus?

if it's to glorify the Lord, then i saw AWESOME. but if the focus is on the self... then... well... no comment.

:)

E

EleventhHour

evening folks!
anybody heard of MGTOW? If so, i'd love to hear your opinions on it.
Perhaps indicative of culture that is on the road to self-destruction.
Other cultures/ethnic groups continue to bear progeny at an increasing rate.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
MGTOW is generally an overreaction and that there are many fools who embrace it. However, given the current legal climate in the western world, and the likelihood that any long-term relationship will end in court, it does make sense for men to be very cautious about getting involved with any woman.

In court, men have been required to pay child support for children who are not biologically theirs.

In court, men have been required to pay spousal support for the rest of their lives.

In court, men who were never married have been required to pay spousal support.

In court, men have been stripped of their assets and rendered homeless.

In court, men have been prohibited from interacting with their children, on no evidence at all.

In court, men have been labelled as sex abusers and summarily stripped of employment, reputation, and relationships, on no more evidence than a woman's say.

Don't throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater. Consider the reasons why men are avoiding marriage.

L

LittleMermaid

i think it's safe to say that if there is a growing movement of men who are upset with woman, there is a reason behind it.
MGTOWs would say that the majority of woman are entitled, self centered, and so accustomed to being placed on a pedestal by society that they demand it now.
MGTOWs would say that men and women are equal in personhood and importance, but that the majority of society does not see it that way.

MGTOW is not a joke. Nobody is laughing. It is the natural response to the way that radical feminism has molded our society in the last 50 years.
Actually, all MGTOW groups say "AWALT - all women are like that" so no, MGTOWs do not believe in equality. Far from it. They act as if women cannot reason and only go by their feelings. They claim that all women follow hypergamy - where one marries to get ahead economically or socially. They believe that women who are married will "monkey branch" to any guys that give them attention if he is from a higher class than the one her husband is in. Many of them are incels complaining about how women don't want them but they do want the bad guy. No, women want a guy with a personality and someone they are attracted to. Just because a guy is nice, doesn't mean he deserves a girl or much less sex!

It's awful thinking and toxic. Toxic masculinity right there indeed!

I do think it's funny, I'm laughing. MGTOWs are a joke just like extreme feminists are.

L

LittleMermaid

I’ve been thinking, maybe my post above did not convey kindness and I apologize for that.
But I still think MGTOWs are wrong. Notice how none of them are happy. It’s like a toxic cult. If anyone is dabbing into it, I would encourage them to take a step back and really consider if the MGTOW principles line up with God’s word. I’m pretty sure they do not.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
I've never heard of this until I joined CC. It is an odd thing for sure, at least from what you guys say it is. Beyond that, I have no interest in it and do not feel like taking the time to do anymore research on it.

I don't know anyone that thinks like that but that's just me.

S

selfdissolving

Actually, all MGTOW groups say "AWALT - all women are like that" so no, MGTOWs do not believe in equality. Far from it. They act as if women cannot reason and only go by their feelings. They claim that all women follow hypergamy - where one marries to get ahead economically or socially. They believe that women who are married will "monkey branch" to any guys that give them attention if he is from a higher class than the one her husband is in. Many of them are incels complaining about how women don't want them but they do want the bad guy. No, women want a guy with a personality and someone they are attracted to. Just because a guy is nice, doesn't mean he deserves a girl or much less sex!

It's awful thinking and toxic. Toxic masculinity right there indeed!

I do think it's funny, I'm laughing. MGTOWs are a joke just like extreme feminists are.
the vast majority of MGTOWs have actually experienced the things you mentioned. Monkey branching, hypergamy, being taken to the cleaners in divorce court, losing custody of children. These aren't just a set of beliefs held by a bunch of "incels". these are actual things that happen quite commonly and because of that, men are deciding that they would rather be alone then be with a woman. I mean, DANG!!!! That is not a good look for women!!!!

i find it especially telling that you said "Just because a guy is nice, doesn't mean he deserves a girl or much less sex!". why does a guy need to "deserve" a girl? that's extremely entitled. this is the type of attitude that makes men go there own way.

S

selfdissolving

I’ve been thinking, maybe my post above did not convey kindness and I apologize for that.
But I still think MGTOWs are wrong. Notice how none of them are happy. It’s like a toxic cult. If anyone is dabbing into it, I would encourage them to take a step back and really consider if the MGTOW principles line up with God’s word. I’m pretty sure they do not.
i just saw this, and that first sentence restored a little hope in me today.
I can't say that I've met many MGTOWs that are unhappy. Going your own way is a liberating and empowering experience. One aspect of MGTOW that i do not particularly care for is sometimes they can speak of women in a disrespectful and degrading manner, which i find to be a bit over the top. The idea of breaking away from a female centered society sounds like paradise though. I know Paul talks about living the single life in order to focus on pleasing God instead of pleasing a wife, which i think is really good advice in the modern day.

E

EleventhHour

i just saw this, and that first sentence restored a little hope in me today.
I can't say that I've met many MGTOWs that are unhappy. Going your own way is a liberating and empowering experience. One aspect of MGTOW that i do not particularly care for is sometimes they can speak of women in a disrespectful and degrading manner, which i find to be a bit over the top. The idea of breaking away from a female centered society sounds like paradise though. I know Paul talks about living the single life in order to focus on pleasing God instead of pleasing a wife, which i think is really good advice in the modern day.
I would challenge and state that MGTOW is really about living for oneself, and I am sure Paul lived his life in service to Jesus not because of the way women were...so I see no correlation.

Having said this I agree that many women, not all, have been inculcated and influenced in all the wrong ways over the years, going way back and the impact on society is not good.

I would also like to state the fathers have tremendous impact on daughters ... and from what I see it is not good.
It is a multi-faceted problem.

Wraitheon

Nov 13, 2019
Ontario
It depends on what you think it is I guess. If you take it as a message of self-improvement then it is good. Build yourself up and don't worry what some of the radical feminist types would think, embracing your masculinity is a good thing. If you use it as a reason to hate women or to generalize women as being bad people then it is not good.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Sounds like you want to start a feline planking group....they plank anywhere...tree, bench, walls, floors....so many places and the naps are the side benefit.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I have no problem if someone chooses to remain single.

I do have a problem if said person, whether male or female, married or single, choose to remain bitter and complain all the time about the opposite sex.

That’s just my opinion though lol.

S

selfdissolving

I would challenge and state that MGTOW is really about living for oneself, and I am sure Paul lived his life in service to Jesus not because of the way women were...so I see no correlation.

Having said this I agree that many women, not all, have been inculcated and influenced in all the wrong ways over the years, going way back and the impact on society is not good.

I would also like to state the fathers have tremendous impact on daughters ... and from what I see it is not good.
It is a multi-faceted problem.
mothers also have tremendous influence on daughters. let's tell the whole story.

I agree with you that MGTOW is about living for oneself and not God, but I do see a correlation in the fact that both MGTOW and Paul are advocating living a single life without engaging in romantic relationships with women. The reasons for doing so are different, but the end is the same.