Mike

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chizuka

Hey there:

When I first joined this site I was asked if I had a mike. I said no. I have a mike now but can't see the option to add the mike anywhere. When I log in it asks me whether I have a webcam (which I don't) but it doesn't ask me if I have a mike. Help!

Sue

S

Siberian_Khatru

Flash player asks for permission to access your webcam/mic if you have one. Before you enter chat, you must opt in or our using the drop down menus on the main page.

You can select "I will not use a webcam", and still use the mic. When you enter chat, click on "Allow" when prompted by Adobe Flash, and mic access is yours whenever you click on the icon in chat, next to the text field. :)

U

Ugly

Hey there:

When I first joined this site I was asked if I had a mike. I said no. I have a mike now but can't see the option to add the mike anywhere. When I log in it asks me whether I have a webcam (which I don't) but it doesn't ask me if I have a mike. Help!

Sue

Let me explain the options to you as they are not always clear.
you have blue 'chat now' button.
to the left is the room button. Those two are obvious.
next to that you have 'mute all speaking/let me hear people'. Selecting the mute option does two things. 1, makes it so you cant hear others on MIC. 2, makes it so you can't use a MIC. Selecting 'let me hear people' turns your mic on and allows you to hear others.

Next is 'i won't/will use webcam'. Pretty obvious, if you have a cam, you can turn it on/off here.

last is 'Low/High speed'. Selecting 'high speed' allows you to see others webcams. Low speed allows only avatars and not others cams.

So set those 3 options to how you want. Then when you enter the room you should get the allow/deny option. Just click allow. The MIC should appear on the bottom left next to the chat bar.

V

violakat

Let me explain the options to you as they are not always clear.
you have blue 'chat now' button.
to the left is the room button. Those two are obvious.
next to that you have 'mute all speaking/let me hear people'. Selecting the mute option does two things. 1, makes it so you cant hear others on MIC. 2, makes it so you can't use a MIC. Selecting 'let me hear people' turns your mic on and allows you to hear others.

Next is 'i won't/will use webcam'. Pretty obvious, if you have a cam, you can turn it on/off here.

last is 'Low/High speed'. Selecting 'high speed' allows you to see others webcams. Low speed allows only avatars and not others cams.

So set those 3 options to how you want. Then when you enter the room you should get the allow/deny option. Just click allow. The MIC should appear on the bottom left next to the chat bar.
Unless your on Chrome. If you use Chrome, when you click the mic button for the first time, then you will get the allow/deny option

U

Ugly

Unless your on Chrome. If you use Chrome, when you click the mic button for the first time, then you will get the allow/deny option
You guys are old school. Used to be that way for everyone. Guess you chromies are behind the times. =P

V

violakat

You guys are old school. Used to be that way for everyone. Guess you chromies are behind the times. =P
Hey, at least I don't use Explorers or Firefox, like some certain person who thinks he's an angel that I happen to know. :cool: