Militia Groups Expected To Patrol USA Southern Border

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Except this group of people specifically are not from Mexico, they're for the most part from El Salvador,Honduras and Guatemala. Just clarifying, because people many times call all Hispanics Mexicans. Mexico happens to be on the border with the US, so they come from Mexico, but not everyone is Mexican. Plus, Mexicans get deported automatically, whereas people from South America by law have to be processed by courts before sending them back, which is why they have to retain them for a long time in camps (thanks to a bill that George Bush signed back in 2008 to prevent human trafficking).
And Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc...

A

AgeofKnowledge

Jesus would not seek to use the government to force U.S. citizens to deprive their own children's dreams and aspirations in order to pay for illegal aliens who are fleeing the responsibility of reforming their own countries and later to incarcerate them when they drop out of school and become criminals like so many millions of illegal aliens (and their anchors) have already done fueling street gangs, cartels, and prison gangs from one end of the country to the other after completely bypassing an immigration system designed to enculturate them and make the them productive citizens rather than an expensive drain on a nation deeply in debt, running an enormous annual deficit dominated by federal welfare programs, and experiencing the worst domestic labor market since the Great Depression.

Ancient Israel had very tough illegal alien laws which they rigorously enforced though, of course, they were also simultaneously accepting of visiting foreigners who legally visited and those who immigrated legally though both groups were expected to abide under ancient Israel’s laws and respect its customs. Furthermore, sojourners could expect to receive basic justice but not the full privileges of an Israelite. Jesus never spoke against ancient Israel's immigration system, not once.

It's easy for you to hand out other people's money to enable an act of cowardice (e.g. running away from your country to live off someone else's welfare, degrade their public education system even further than has already occurred with respect to illegal immigration and anchors, produce future gang bangers and criminal dropouts, and wave the flag of the nation you ran away from proudly while burning the flag of the people whose tax money you took, etc...); but that doesn't make it morally right or something that Jesus would advocate.

The situation in the U.S. today reminds me of the massive waves of immigrants invading the Roman Empire in the fourth century which ultimately led to the fall of Rome. Pagans wrongly blamed the fall on Christians (not to mention a few modern and post-modern scholars), to which St. Augustine replied in City of God that Christians were not to blame and that Christians did and should defend Rome against foreign invasions.

As Christians have a duty towards their ancestral lands, so they should defend their lands against invaders (some of whom were and are Christian and some who were and are not). When the Muslims and their paid mercenary hordes invaded Europe, Charles Martel took St Augustine's advice to heart and defended his ancestral lands from the Muslim invaders. He did not make excuses nor relish in politically correct rhetoric. Instead, he acted to save his people and ancestral traditions from destruction ushering in a new Holy Roman Empire that brought enlightenment, classical liberalism, modern science, etc... etc... etc... ALL of the things we enjoy today.

If it weren't for Christian men like him, you'd be bowing five times a day to Allah under sharia most likely as a castrated slave. So count your blessings and do your part.

What would Jesus do with these lost people that came to our border? Send militia groups and Minutemen?

Mar 1, 2012
I can't help but put myself in the families of these young people's parents. If I were south of the border, I would do anything in my power to get my family across the border into the US. I pray for these young people and their families often. It tears my heart out to see the people around the world who flee for their family's lives. I ask myself often, what would Jesus do were he on our southern border.

Please don't confuse these young people with the drug cartel's. They are more a victim of the cartels than the US is.
These kids came by our president's invitation and his abuse of a law passed by Congress to help kids who were victims of violence and slave trade. In actuality what our president did in trying to act political again, is to place all of these kids IN danger for their more than 20 day journey TO the USA.

Mar 1, 2012
They wont be able to stop them... our government wont allow that to happen. We are seeing the soft invasion of America, it's going to get worse.
While there may be some truth in this, to me the biggest problem is our country niot willing to stand behind the laws they make.

If they are illegal, prosecute them.

If you want their status to change, change the law, put your name and reputation on a bill and do it, instead of saying to whomever is listening...to us our laws mean nothing.

Great way to show strength in this terrorist saturated culture we live in.

idiots

Mar 1, 2012
Yes, Jesus came to Earth to pay for our sins, but he also taught us some valuable lessons. One of them was compassion for others.

What did Jesus tell the rich ruler in Luke 18:18-23? Who do you believe God will bless? A country that takes on the burden of these children, or a country that cast them back into the hell that they are so desperately trying to escape from. I fear that today's churches are becoming like the rich ruler. I pray that it never happens.

As for fixing their government system, I'm sure that every one who comes north would love to see you do that. How do you propose to start? We can make the biggest dent by drying up the drug consuming market. Have any ideas?
Karl Marx and christianity have little in common.

You see kids....and you explode with compassion...ok...where was that compassion when our president inv ited them to come here causing them to endure a terribly dangerous trip?

Where is our great president who seems to swing his pen to almost everything but does nothing to help Mexico get over its internal struggles?

Where is he when on the border of Arizona there are more federal crimes commited than NYC?

Mar 1, 2012
Going back to the topic, as an immigrant myself who came here to the US legally, these apparent simple solutions that people suggest are just too simple minded.We have to consider the situation from all the angles. The people who are coming here right now, for the most part are fleeing from dangerous situations. I mean, it's really not different from refugees fleeing Iraq or Syria. Do people know that Honduras is the most dangerous country in the WORLD?Consider Iraq, Syria, Egypt,all those countries that you think are dangerous, and Honduras is above them when it comes to violence. These people are not coming here just to steal american jobs. They want to survive. Consider how desperate a parent has to be to send their children to travel a dangerous trek, just for the possibility of them surviving. Does that mean the US has to welcome them in? Not necessarily, but in my opinion this has to be treated as an emergency situation.As a Christian, it saddens me when the reaction Christians (not political leaders) have is anger toward the immigrants who are here solely looking for refuge. Yes, there are laws, and we should vote for leaders with the wisdom to enforce just laws, but the situation is already here, so getting angry at a bunch of kids (and yeah I know not everyone is a kid) who came here trying to survive doesn't help anything, nor does it glorify God. The US exists because immigrants came here looking for a better life, that should be a humbling thought for us as Christians.

On a different note, I don't understand why the US hasn't pressured the leaders of South America to do more about their situation since this is directly affecting the US. Violence is running so rampant in Honduras and El Salvado that people are fleeing their homes. If the US was spending millions helping Afghanistan, Iraq, and all these countries in the middle east to fix their problems, why not do that in South America, where the situation is getting so much out of control that it is directly affecting the US? Mexico can also be pressured to enforce their borders and enforce immigration laws. I think that would be a better investment. Of course these countries have to take responsibility themselves, but if the US is spending money going to other countries that are not directly affecting the US right now, why not take care of this situation as a priority? Just my two cents.
Its very difficult to immigrate to Mexico....hmmmmmmmmm.

Mar 1, 2012
Make english the official language of the USA...and stop pandering to those who do not wish to become americans.

Enforce the laws we have.

Strengthen the borders.

Make Congress and the president liable for their actions.