millennial kingdom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

carl11

Oct 20, 2017
This earth and heaven will pass away, and they will go to the new heaven and earth, the New Jerusalem.
Oh that much I know already, I'm trying to get some responses to the idea that those that are reigning with God in the first resurrection where do they go after a thousand years.

Apr 15, 2017
Oh that much I know already, I'm trying to get some responses to the idea that those that are reigning with God in the first resurrection where do they go after a thousand years.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Jesus was on the Mount of Olives and ascended, and will descend the same way when He fights the world, and saves Israel, which is the battle of Armageddon.

And when He comes to fight all the saints are with Him that got caught up in the resurrection and Jesus and the saints shall rule for 1000 years over the heathen that God spared.

The saints shall be caught up and then Jesus and all the saints shall come back and rule the earth for 1000 years.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
Zec 14:10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
Zec 14:11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
Zec 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Zec 14:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
Zec 14:14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
Zec 14:15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

After the 1000 years are over heaven and earth shall pass away, and there will be a new heaven and earth, the New Jerusalem, but you said you already knew that, so what do you mean where do they go.

What else can I tell you but they will go to the New Jerusalem, for how do I know where it is, and what am I supposed to say it is 2,000,000 miles due north, and take a right and go another 5,000,000 miles, which is Sector 8, and then go left for 10,000,000 miles to Quadrant 13.25.

What do you mean where do they go, but they will be resurrected and come back to earth and rule with Jesus, and then go to the New Jerusalem, and the former earth shall not be remembered, nor come to mind.

Are you looking for an exact location of where the New Jerusalem is at, which the Bible says it descends from heaven, but it will not be this earth or heaven, and I do not know it if will replace it in the same location.

carl11

Oct 20, 2017
And when He comes to fight all the saints are with Him that got caught up in the resurrection and Jesus and the saints shall rule for 1000 years over the heathen that God spared.

The saints shall be caught up and then Jesus and all the saints shall come back and rule the earth for 1000 years.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

After the 1000 years are over heaven and earth shall pass away, and there will be a new heaven and earth, the New Jerusalem, but you said you already knew that, so what do you mean where do they go.

What else can I tell you but they will go to the New Jerusalem,

What do you mean where do they go, but they will be resurrected and come back to earth and rule with Jesus, and then go to the New Jerusalem, and the former earth shall not be remembered, nor come to mind.
But you are making it sound like that they are resurrected to his earth to rule in "millennial kingdom" over the heathen; which I don't find that no where. Then they are resurrected "again" to the heaven. I'll will agree with you that there will be a new earth and a new heaven, just not the third heaven, where those that have been saved and will be down here on this new earth. [Rev. 5:10]

But if we are reigning with Christ as depicted in the book of Revelation [Rev. 20:4] then there is no end, even so if we look at the language real closely the thousand yrs for the believers has a beginning but never a ending, unlike that of Satan and his minions they have a beginning and a ending. Also noteworthy to look at Eph. 2:6 and look where we are sitting and if we are sitting with Christ we are also ruling with Christ. This raising up is that of the first resurrection.

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
But you are making it sound like that they are resurrected to his earth to rule in "millennial kingdom" over the heathen; which I don't find that no where. Then they are resurrected "again" to the heaven. I'll will agree with you that there will be a new earth and a new heaven, just not the third heaven, where those that have been saved and will be down here on this new earth. [Rev. 5:10]

But if we are reigning with Christ as depicted in the book of Revelation [Rev. 20:4] then there is no end, even so if we look at the language real closely the thousand yrs for the believers has a beginning but never a ending, unlike that of Satan and his minions they have a beginning and a ending. Also noteworthy to look at Eph. 2:6 and look where we are sitting and if we are sitting with Christ we are also ruling with Christ. This raising up is that of the first resurrection.

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Just responding to your thought in green, there are many passages that explain the saints (with Christ) will rule over the nations.

This isn't exhaustive but from my memory the following passages come to mind:

In Daniel 7 we read that the beasts are the kingdoms of the earth and the son of man are the "saints of the most high". The angel explains that the dominion of the other kingdoms is removed from them but "they are allowed to keep their lives for a season and time" while the saints take the dominion (Dan 7:12).

In Psalm 2:8-9 we read a prophecy of the conquering messiah where Yah says, "...today I have begotten the. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. You will break them with a rod of iron; You will shatter them like pottery."

In Revelation 2:26-27 we read the same language in Christ's letter to the overcomer in Thyatira where Christ promises to give them authority over the nations, saying they will rule them with a rod of iron, braking them like potter vessels.

After 1000 years, Satan is loosed to deceive the nations again, on earth, to fight against the saints once more to try to overcome them but whoever does are destroyed by Yah.

The new Jerusalem descends from heaven to earth, making all things new.

All of this happens on earth.

Mar 28, 2016
They are not reigning with Christ but are dead asleep . Can't work when a person is asleep. Its the ones that remain that do reign with him here under the Sun . On the last day (the word thousand represents a unknow ) those reigning with Christ on earth and those dead asleep will hear the wake call and both in the twinkling of the eye receive their new incorruptible bodies... the final goal of their new faith. The former things (under the Sun) will not be remembered or ever come to mind forever and ever more

W

whatev

What will be in the millenial kingdom oft the earth?
Having read what most people wrote as their answers, I'm stuck right where you started. No one knows, for sure. I guess we'll find out eventually. :)

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Having read what most people wrote as their answers, I'm stuck right where you started. No one knows, for sure. I guess we'll find out eventually. :)
Greetings Whatev and Wevcles,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some of the characteristics that will be present during the millennial period:

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

The infant will play near the cobra's den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper's nest.

They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Greetings Whatev and Wevcles,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some of the characteristics that will be present during the millennial period:

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

The infant will play near the cobra's den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper's nest.

They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.
It’s nice to agree on some things, eh? :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
That is easy, wherever God sends them. God has a whole universe to rule over, and we will be included in that forever.

this-is-right-smiley-emoticon.gif

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
And when the thousand years shall have been completed, Satan will be released out of his prison, and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together unto the war, of whom is the number of them like the sand of the sea. And they marched up over the breadth of the earth and encircled the camp of the saints and the city having been beloved. But fire came down out of heaven and devoured them.
(Revelation 20:7-9)

is this the same 1,000 years?

why are these people - whose number is like the sand of the sea - willing to go lay siege to Jerusalem with the Eternal Living God seated there, having been seated there for 1,000 years in perfect reign? just to get devoured by fire - knowingly, since it's right here in the book?
same people living during the 1,000 years?
what is it with people??
The answer is bolded, they are deceived.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
You don't understand the judgment period. All the people that have ever lived will be resurrected:

Rev. 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

God is not going to raise them up just to kill them again. Most people don't know how to serve God. If God hasn't given them the Holy Spirit, they are not called in the first life.

The judgment period is when Satan will be loosed (see Rev. 20:3). Most people will reject him, but some people are so set on evil they want no part of God. Some people have turned back in this life after receiving the anointing, maybe through persecution or whatever. They will be raised to damnation and probably will make up some of that army to be destroyed.

How do we renew our minds? We first must be regenerated or given life by the Spirit and renewal of the Spirit.

Titus 3:4-7 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

No work of rigtheousness can save us, because we cannot save ourselves, it is by grace the gift of God by His mercy or He takes pity on us sinners that hate Him and are hostile towards Him.

No one that has been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ will turn away from Him, those that are supposedly believers turn away so that it can be known that they were never part of the body of Christ, because they are against Christ.

I John 2:18-19 Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

Paul says the sameting if you are Christ you will continue with Him.

Colosians 1:21-23 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, 22he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, 23if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creationunder heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Those that continue with Christ for life it is because He has reconciled them to Himself and He will present the holy and blameless and above reproach to Himself, if they do not continue it is because He has not reconciled them in Himself.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Spectacular prophecies about the cities of the future—cities that offer all
the benefits people seek with none of the problems—abound in Scripture.

-cities overflow with prosperity

Imagine quality city life being affordable. Imagine a city providing enough stable,
decent jobs that unemployment is next to nil, and everyone enjoys affluence.
Imagine a city devoid of run-down, impoverished slums and ghettos.(Zechariah 1:17)

“… Thus says the Lord of hosts: My cities shall again overflow with prosperity …”

-cities being crime-free and Violence no more

Imagine being able to walk the streets, even back alleys, at any time of day or night with
-out fear. “[T]hey shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid” (Ezekiel 34:28)

Imagine thievery, muggings, assaults and gang warfare no longer being a concern.
“Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders;
but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise” (Isaiah 60:18).

-fresh produce grows on site, no hunger.

Imagine lovely, productive gardens right in the midst of the city. “[T]hey shall build the
waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof;
they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them” (Amos 9:14).

-local animal husbandry

Imagine land allocated efficiently that areas exist for local animal husbandry. (Jer. 33:12
In all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down

Widespread prosperity, secure streets, nutritious food, outdoor activity in clean air—
these benefits will dramatically increase the health of the residents of tomorrow’s cities!
the pastoral serenity enjoyed only by country folk today being common in the city as well.

Biblical prophecy is clear that our present civilization is about to be replaced by a far
better world. Though today’s cities will be destroyed (e.g. Ezekiel 6:6; 12:20),

6In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be
desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be
broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.

20And the cities that are inhabited shall be laid waste, and the land shall be desolate;
and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

-rebuild and repair the waste cities

“For thou shalt … make the desolate cities to be inhabited. … And they shall build the old
wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities,
the desolations of many generations“ (Isaiah 54:3; 61:4).

After human misrule causes great tribulation that almost wipes out civilization, Jesus Christ
will return to Earth to establish His rule. Before any rebuilding occurs, Christ will first resolve
the problem of unconquered human nature sabotaging creative efforts mans rebellious nature.

“A new heart also will I give you …. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk
in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. … In the day that I shall have
cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes
shall be builded” (Ezekiel 36:26-27, 33).

God will change the hard hearts of men and women, eliminating hostility, competitiveness,
aggression and selfishness, and replacing it with His own nature—a basic desire to follow
His laws of love, and beieng widely observed, wiping out violence, burglary, vandalism,
immorality, drug use, broken families, and a long host of other social ills.

Tomorrow’s cities will be ruled by spirit beings—the glorified saints of God made perfect!
Read in Luke 19:12-19 and Revelation 2:26-27 Christ’s promise to appoint individuals

Massive skyscrapers will be unnecessary because property will be plentiful. Scripture describes
a vigorous land-renewal program: mountains being lowered, deserts being reclaimed, underwater
land being raised. Leviticus 25 details a homesteading system whereby every family will own land.

-Equitable property distribution

Micah 4:4 “They shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make
them afraid ..” Equitable property distribution will create widespread security for all families.

The Bible describes tomorrow’s cities as being very social—“filled with flocks of men” (Ezekiel 36
:34-38). Today, cities are packed with anonymous strangers who rub shoulders but don’t interact,

-Desolate land shall be tilled (Ezekiel 36:34-35) Like the garden of Eden

34And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that
passed by. 35And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden
of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

-social and Filled with flocks of men (Ezekiel 36:37-38)

36Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the Lord build the ruined
places, and plant that that was desolate: I the Lord have spoken it, and I will do it.37Thus saith
the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will
increase them with men like a flock. 38As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn
feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

-the streets of Jerusalem,

“Thus saith the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets
of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. And the streets of the
city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof” (Zechariah 8:4-5).

All cities will likely pattern certain elements after Jerusalem

Today, cities are packed with anonymous strangers who rub shoulders but don’t interact, who then commute home to their private suburban bunkers where they remain isolated from neighbors. Tomorrow, cities will be designed to nurture a sense of community and belonging.

-superhighways between major cities

The existence of superhighways in this world, as depicted in Isaiah 19:23 implies there
being cars or something like them; they just won’t be allowed in certain urban areas.
maybe efficient public transportation that people of all ages can easily use to get to the city.

In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come
into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

The Prophet Isaiah described this social atmosphere perfectly when he wrote, “joy and
gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody” (Isaiah 51:3).

Jeremiah got even more eloquent: “Thus saith the Lord; Again there shall be heard in
this place … even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem … The voice of
joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride,
the voice of them that shall say, Praise the Lord of hosts: for the Lord is good; for his
mercy endureth for ever …” (Jeremiah 33:10-11).

A world where transportation doesn’t pollute; where families can easily access the city
and yet live in their own homes on their own land; where industry operates smartly and
cleanly without dominating or besmirching the landscape; where urban life is just as
healthy and safe as country life.

God who richly designed and created this exquisite planet and universe.
God has spoken it, and He is not one to go back on His word (Isaiah 55:11).

Hope I see you all there :)