Millennnial Week and Chiliasm

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chilianman54

I was just wondering if there is anyone that visits this forum that may believe in Chiliasm. It is basically a variation of the Pre-Millennial view, but negates a Rapture. Chiliasm as adhered to by the Apostles and post-Apostolic Christians believes in the Millennial week. The early post-Apostolic church fathers believed that the scripture taught that man was created to rule over the earth for 6000 years, after which the Messiah would return and set up His Millennial Kingdom. I have been doing some research and have discovered that Jewish scholars claim that their calendar is approximately 220 years off. The questions that I would like to set forth in this thread is: 1. Is the Jewish calendar indeed off by 220 years, and 2. When is the next year of Jubilee? Remember the Jews have not celebrated the year of Jubilee since the destruction of the 2nd temple in 70 A.D. which occurred on the 9th of AV, which is a cursed day in Jewish history. They do however celebrate the Sabbatical years. The impending Tetrad Blood Moons that are scheduled to appear in 2014 and 2015 on both Passover and Sukkot seems to indicate something huge is in the offing. Is there anyone out there that can make any connections to this and the Jewish calendar's alleged inaccuracies?

Attachments