Mind of a child: things kids do and say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

I just wanted to start a thread that allowed us to share the deep wisdom God gave little children.

how they forgive so easily and how they trust and love wholeheartly.

my daughter said the other night "
[h=5]"I learnt God's love today even if you cant see Him you feel Him in your heart. that love, today"[/h]
and my son was looking up his sight words on biblegateway.com and came across a scripture verse. I asked him what's wrong was he having trouble finding the word. He said no and read the scripture. then state "It can't be from the Bible it makes too much sense."

kind of eye opening. :)

so what kind of things have you witness kids say and do that reminds you of what Jesus told His disciples about how their angels behold God's face in Heaven?

[h=3]Matthew 18
[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, [SUP]3 [/SUP]and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

T

tenderhearted

I love that my kids trust me! They don't worry if I'll keep my promises. I would like to say one day that I trust God in that way. Even when I don't understand Him or He doesn't give me all the answers. I love the way my kids when they have a problem with a bully, they come to me. They know that I will take care of it. I look forward to the day when I will lay all my troubles at the feet of Jesus. I'd like to never depend on my own strength because I know that apart from Him I can do nothing. Children love so freely. They have good intentions. They give love the way that God gives love.:)

D

danschance

The annual fair was setting up in my town as I went to the grocery store. As I waited in line to pay a small boy around 5 was begging his mom to take him to the fair. The mom said not now several times but her son persisted. Then she looked him in the eye and calmly said "You know they have clowns at the fair, right?"

The boy went silent and pensive. The silence between them was thick and the mom waited for his answer. Finally the boy said "Clowns don't ride the Ferris wheel". True the mom said, but you may have to walk past a clown to get to the Ferris wheel. Mom clearly won this argument as I never heard the boy ask to go to the fair after that.

Mom 1
Boy 0

T

tdrew777

Our 13 month old might have felt betrayed when we turned him over to the doctor for circumcision. He got his revenge in the next several days. Because he could not wear diapers, he left "mines" for us all around the apartment.

T

twofeet

Child like faith: When my eldest son was 12 he was watching the TV one day when a commercial came on. It was advertising women's anti wrinkle cream saying it will make you look 10 years younger. My son looked at me and said " mum! Thats great! can I have some so I can look 2 again!".....I really didnt know how to explain that one.

D

DGL

Okay this one is not so funny or cute, but when I was heavily addicted to being on the computer (mostly said I was looking for a job at the time but was really either learning another programming language or playing a stupid game) my 12 year (then he was 5) keep saying:

"Daddy"
"Daddy!"
"Daddy! Look at Me!"
"Look at me!"

Man it totally broke my heart, I thought to my self what the heck (that is not the word I used) am I doing?

Sorry...

F

Fenwick

Children are smarter than people give them credit for. Many times,the most simple words
ARE the strongest.
That's when I realize,both young and old CAN LEARN from each other. Amen.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
I was teaching the kids a week past and I asked them where Jesus lives expecting "up in heaven with God" and got from a 4 year old "in my heart" CUTENESS!!!

I

imeaganfox

last night I was so sad and my children can see how sad I am... so my 6 year-old daughter, wrote a letter for me and told me that she put the letter into our refrigerator door... she said.. mom don't be sad...don't cry...or else...I'll spank you!!!! ha ha ha ha... that's her way to make me smile.... It really made me smile...thank God for my wonderful and loving kids....

J

jkalyna

Child like faith: When my eldest son was 12 he was watching the TV one day when a commercial came on. It was advertising women's anti wrinkle cream saying it will make you look 10 years younger. My son looked at me and said " mum! Thats great! can I have some so I can look 2 again!".....I really didnt know how to explain that one.
GOOD IN MATH I WOULD SAY A PLUS

A

Ariel82

:) thanks everyone, your stories made me smile :)

My family were watching food networks: worst chiefs of America and the challenge was cutting up a whole chicken with the head and everything.

My mother used to butcher and have me pluck chickens so they had it easy, at least their chicken was already plucked.

anyway I told my kids that we would have a lesson when they were older one how to do it right. My daughter informed me that she already watched my mother cut up a chicken and knew all about it.

of course this made me smile and I asked what the most important thing about cutting up a chicken was, thinking to myself that it was to cut between the joints and to make a nice clean chop if you had to cut the bone.

My daughter looked me in the eye and said "cut the chicken not yourself"

lol. words of wisdom from a four year old, what can you say?

this morning she was sitting on the couch with her eyes closed singing to some Bible songs. it was too cute.

M

MissCris

The only way we can get our two year old son to go to bed without a struggle is to promise him a story out of his children's Bible. He gets so excited for bed time now that he runs ahead of me or his dad to his room, helps get out his pajamas, and instructs us what we need to do to get ready for "Bible story? More Bible story?"

We just got into the New Testament, and my son has been saying after each story, "Night, baby Jesus."

I can't remember the last time I was excited to read the Bible; it's become like just another chore for me, something that needs to be done frequently, but not my favorite part of the day.

My kiddo has given me new perspective
:)

T

twofeet

these things remain with kids......earlier I was standing down stairs and my youngest son who is now 18 and 6ft sumat placed his hand on my head.......I looked at him and said " u gona pray for me?".....he then said " Mr Jesus please make my mum smile".....it worked :)

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

One of my friends has a daughter, he took her to the park she was 4, at the park he took her to a tennis court with her skates so she could pratice skating on the tennis court. The tennis court was encloused with a chain linked fence, well he showed her how to use the fence by hanging onto the fence and use it to balance herself while she walked on the skates. Well she wanted to go out off the fence so she squated down while he pushed her. This worked in that she moved on the skates from his push. He repeted it a few times then on the last time she lost her balance and fell on her bottom. He looked at her she then told him, "I bumpus my rumpus dad."