Ministering

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xspinningisfun

Hey guys! 2 weeks ago, God has given me a hunger to tell people about Him. Do you know any scriptures that I can use to minister to these people?

B

Baptistrw

Hey guys! 2 weeks ago, God has given me a hunger to tell people about Him. Do you know any scriptures that I can use to minister to these people?
What type of people? Or just people in general?

S

suaso

:D All of the Scriptures!

X

xspinningisfun

:D All of the Scriptures!
Wow. Nevermind. You obviously don't know what I'm asking haha.

Yeah, I want to minister to people in general. I just don't want to say John 3:16...I want to say more. John 3:16 is a great scripture, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to take just one scripture to minister to someone. I want scriptures that will tell people that Jesus died for them and that He loves them.

B

Baptistrw

Wow. Nevermind. You obviously don't know what I'm asking haha.

Yeah, I want to minister to people in general. I just don't want to say John 3:16...I want to say more. John 3:16 is a great scripture, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to take just one scripture to minister to someone. I want scriptures that will tell people that Jesus died for them and that He loves them.
Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9 are a few good ones for evangelism.

M

meco

hey I think it is great that christ is ministering to you at such an early age. well first i like to say is focus on needs rather than scripture. don't get me wrong, scriptures are very important...but fulfilling needs will open a person's heart than just quoting scriptures. there is a scripture iin the bible where jesus was saying, when i was in prison you came to visit me,,,when i was hungry you fed me...and so on. as you fulfill needs christ will open the door for you to minister the right word at the right time and place. in the meantime study the book of galations and the book of james and john. those are great books. God bless you on your wonderful adventure of knowing christ.

S

suaso

"Hey guys! 2 weeks ago, God has given me a hunger to tell people about Him. Do you know any scriptures that I can use to minister to these people?"

Don't all of the scriptures tell about God? That was my point...made lighheartedly, I might add.

X

xspinningisfun

"Hey guys! 2 weeks ago, God has given me a hunger to tell people about Him. Do you know any scriptures that I can use to minister to these people?"

Don't all of the scriptures tell about God? That was my point...made lighheartedly, I might add.
Ohh okay. I wanted specific scriptures though. I mean, Genesis 1:1 isn't going to talk about God's love. I mean, all the scriptures mean something but I would like to minister with scriptures to tell people that God is the only way to get to heaven :)

Jan 31, 2009
Ohh okay. I wanted specific scriptures though. I mean, Genesis 1:1 isn't going to talk about God's love. I mean, all the scriptures mean something but I would like to minister with scriptures to tell people that God is the only way to get to heaven :)

Joh 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I AM THE WAY, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

D

dave712

check out way of the master for those who their good enough to get into heaven on their own merit
jon 3 16 of course but go through Romans , and John . youl dig up great verses to help u share Gospel from those books

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Man's personal sin has separated him from God, who had created man to fellowship with him through a personal relationship. To restore that relationship, God initiated the plan of salvation that would reconcile the world to Himself, by dealing with the sin that caused the separation. So, God sent His Son as a Lamb, to take ALL of man's sin upon His body and be sacrificed in our place to put away sin. This plan was executed because of God's great love for man and because man had no ability to put away his own sins. The plan was perfect and was executed perfectly by the only begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world.

Now to help you out with an approach to minister to people who are lost. This is something you could use especially with friends and those around your age. No one likes a liar. People want you to be truthful because they want to be treated that way. So,your going to tell them the truth without lying. And, because love is creative, your going to be creative in your approach.

For anyone to believe in God's plan of salvation they have to believe that God can be trusted. Here are some questions you can ask them to get them thinking.

- Do you thinks that God exists? (Gen 1:1 In the beginning God..., Job 38:4, Isaiah 45:5,6)

- If God is perfect, just and holy, do you think God is a liar, like many of us are, or do you think He is committed to telling the truth? (Num 23:19, Heb 6:18, Titus 1:2, Psalm 116:11)

- Do you think when God makes a promise that He keeps His word? (1Kings 8:56, 2Cor 1:20)

- If all these things are true about God, can He be trusted also for what He has done? (Ps 118:8, Prov 3:5,6, 29:25, Ps 71:1)

After asking those questions you can share what God did for them and for all people through God's plan of salvation, which is the glorious gospel of the love of God through Jesus Christ. I hope this has been helpful.

Some other scriptures that you might be able to show them;

2Cor 5:19, Rom 3:23, Psalms 51:5, Isaiah 51:1.2, John 3:16, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Eph 2:8,9, Rom 10:9-11, Col 1:14

A

Ancilla

There are the verses that come to mind:

1 Peter 3:15-16
15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

and

1 Corinthians 13:1-2
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

That one took me a long time to learn when I was a teenager. I love debate and logic and apologetics and all that, but that doesn't get someone into the Kingdom. If non-Christians can't see me communicating love, then I just need to keep quiet.

X

xspinningisfun

Now to help you out with an approach to minister to people who are lost. This is something you could use especially with friends and those around your age. No one likes a liar. People want you to be truthful because they want to be treated that way. So,your going to tell them the truth without lying. And, because love is creative, your going to be creative in your approach.
I do, thanks.

And thanks for the good scriptures everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.