Modern Day Possession

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stone5524

I just finished reading Malachi Martins book titled " Five Exorcisms of Contemporary Americans". The book is not fiction mind you, but interviews with the exorcists, victims, relatives and witnesses (co workers, friends, etc. Of victim). Malachi Martin was a priest who had access to these files before he died and wrote some other controversial books as well which I intend to read, one that apparently witnesses a black mass taking place inside the Vatican itself.

In order to explain what I'm looking for from other people, I must first tell a quick story.

My one time friend moved into an apartment 7 or 8 years ago, well before I believed in god at all. I was in my early 20s and he asked me to help him move. During the move, I was moving a box inside and at the bottom of the steps I heard a voice whisper my name "Matthew." I turned around and nothing was there. I went outside to confront my 2 friends thinking they were playing a joke of some kind but they genuinely looked at me with pure obliviousness. They were both stuck in the back of the moving truck trying to move a couch out. I dismissed it as nothing more than me hearing things.

A week later my friend had his official house warming party. When I arrived he was drinking and handed me a beer, and after some small talk he joked around with me and was like, "well mt wife thinks the house is haunted". We laughed at it a bit and he told me that their dog would repeatedly go to the bottom of the steps and just stare at the top to the second floor, whimper for minutes straight until he went into a corner and hid.

Later guests arrived including his parents in law which were pretty nice people. I was talking with his wife's dad and told him about hearing someone whisper my name when I helped move in, but I didn't tell him where it happened. Later in the day there were about 20 people there and many were a little drunk, but still in good humor. I was passing the same exact spot at the bottom of the stairs when I heard my name whispered again. This time I turned back wide eyed towards the dining room and saw the man I told smiling at me. He didn't say anything, just smiled really strangely...and then I sort of laughed nervously and walked away.

That night the older people had left and we were drinking a little more. My friend was pretty drunk at that point. I told him I was gonna go to sleep and he just looked at me with this half grin and didn't say a word. After I was laying down I just started hearing stuff breaking downstairs and yelling. My friend was smashing all the house warming gifts he received, and many of the guests were literally crying. My friends and I tried to talk him down but he was literally speaking nonsense...not even a language just broken English and weird laughing. Then he ran outside and disappeared until we found him in the neighbors yard by a shrub. He was completely coherent and acted like there was nothing out of the ordinary. We were puzzled and confused, so we walked back inside with him. 5 minutes later, it happened again even worse. We literally had 3 of us on the ground physically holding him down and he was still managing to get away from us a bit despite only being 5 foot 9 170 lbs. He was truly growling at that point and had spit all over himself. He finally agreed in English that he was done and going to bed. When we let him back up, he stood in the corner, ripped off his crucifx necklace and held it in front of him and just started laughing for like 30 seconds and then went to sleep. He didn't remember a thing the following day.

I looked back at that a couple years later once I was a little more smart and saw it for what it was.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen something similar to any extent, and also am theorizing that over consumption of alcohol opens you up to the influence of evil spirits because you leave an easy access without guarding yourself. Lastly, I have recently watched a couple YouTube videos trying to examine possession and saw the Beyonce Superbowl halftime video along with some of those people getting "reptilian" eyes. What are your thoughts on these things, whether they are camera malfunctions, tampered video, or genuine cases to be considered more sinister. Note: some of these performers have enormous hints of satanic influence throughout their material also. Do you see these as coincidences?

D

dalconn

I would forsake such nonsense and learn my bible

Psalm 119:105[h=4]your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.[/h]

Feb 24, 2015
It all sounds interesting, but possession is possession.

The Lord Jesus conquered death and sin. It is His kingdom that matters, and whatever the demons attempt to do, they are truly defeated and cannot touch those who are called.

Are you called? Do you have the love of Jesus in your soul?

S

Stone5524

It took me a few years to get there because Christianity was never indoctrinated in my youth. I had to discover it on my own, but yes. Jesus is the only way. What's been concerning me lately is following messages from the current pope saying that all roads lead to god. I have healthy suspicions regarding the technical institution of religion in general and don't care much what the pope does...but isn't this misleading saying all roads lead to god?

B

BeyondET

It took me a few years to get there because Christianity was never indoctrinated in my youth. I had to discover it on my own, but yes. Jesus is the only way. What's been concerning me lately is following messages from the current pope saying that all roads lead to god. I have healthy suspicions regarding the technical institution of religion in general and don't care much what the pope does...but isn't this misleading saying all roads lead to god?
There is only two roads
One road is like a path twist n turns over grown with underbrush barely visible it's a bumpy road with mud holes n such.
The second road is like a 12 lane highway smooth concrete with marked lanes highway lights with plenty of on and off ramps.

which one would be the correct path?

i know it's a odd question, but there's a answer in the discription of the roads.

Last edited:
S

Stone5524

Well of course the bumpy road with holes and flat tires and snow chains involved.

What was the quote about the narrow path that Jesus talked about? I admit I don't have the faculty of remembering word for word scripture but after reading something enough times I understand the basic principle.

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
I would forsake such nonsense and learn my bible
Why you call it as nonsense?

Spirits or Demons as we call them are real as well anything they do. Also the fact that they cannot do anything to us if we walk along the path of Jesus don't make them any less dangerous for people who don't do that.

I have two friends who have physical experiences with that area and it's all praise the Lord that they both are alive this day. I also have had a bit too close contact with them (trough another of these friends before s/he got free) so I know how ugly it can get (and I was spared for a lot because I went to that battle with prayer)

To original question from OP:
My advice is to stay as far as possible from any activity related to spirits, demons and such. If you are not perfectly equipped (eph 6:10-18) for the battle you discover it very soon and it's not pleasant (acts 19:14-16).

Last edited:
S

Stone5524

I was wondering the same thing with the nonsene but I don't bother arguing anymore.

Spirits do exists. All cultures have different names for em and they are seen to exist even by Jesus expelling them.

S

straightouttagodsplan

There are seven types of possession.
Monomania- When someone is overly obsessed with something. In most cases falling in love with a boy or girl.

Without Knowledge-
Victim is morally blameless.

Events- Not possessed, but tormented by series of bad events.

Pain- External pain. Spirit is still safe.

Infestation- Houses or objects

Subjugation- Voluntarily submits.

Familiarization- Work together as one.

U

Ultimatum77

In order to make it in the music industry you don't need talent all you do is sell your soul and perform their ritual initiations....then the elite use you until your not worth anything anymore and trash you like MJ, Elvis, brittany spears, etc....

People will laugh it off as "oh those things don't exist/just conspiracy" but the spirit world is real and controls everything in the physical realm...people need to wake up out of their media induced slumber and realize things are not as they seem....

Beyonce is a nwo witch, who performs "concerts" which are actually rituals to subliminally brainwash/demonically influence the unassuming viewer....her performances along with Katy Perry and others at the grammys a few years ago were completely satanic...and they aren't even hiding it anymore...only people who are obsessed with these singers will put their head in the sand and deny it...it's way too blatant now....

An example: Jay-Z beyonce's husband....

[video=youtube;lTmQRrarRQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmQRrarRQY&list=PL5B70C2ECB1B3942D&index= 3[/video]

U

Ultimatum77

The recently released where are you now music video by justin bieber flashes artwork from so called "fans" (complete crap)) but when broken down shows some disturbing images...just a warning there is some "mature" artwork in there but this is just to present information not offend anyone....

“Where Are U Now” Video: The Occult Awakening of Justin Bieber

Feb 24, 2015
The recently released where are you now music video by justin bieber flashes artwork from so called "fans" (complete crap)) but when broken down shows some disturbing images...just a warning there is some "mature" artwork in there but this is just to present information not offend anyone....

“Where Are U Now” Video: The Occult Awakening of Justin Bieber
The problem is music is about emotionally expressing troubling or exstatic things in peoples lives.
To communicate this you touch on themes of angels and demons, addictive behaviour, satan, heaven and hell, violence and peace. If you can create controversy it gets attention and sells songs.

And weird groups will exploit this and introduce their symbols or ideas. But in the Lord we have something much greater than this, and however lost and insane people get, it is only through love and Jesus we see the light.

I would pray for pop stars, because mostly they get destroyed by the money, fame and popularity, by use of drugs, sleeping around and loosing connection with normal sane life. These are just songs and mainly fail, because a few words strung to music are just that.