Mom's Still In Nursing Home, and My Little Brother...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BrokenAndBeautiful

My mom has been away from home now for about six months, and all this time, she's been recuperating from a horrible abscess that was once big enough to fit two fists into. She’s been bed ridden the whole time, and it’s taking its toll on her. Her wound is almost completely healed now, but the scar tissue has been giving her much trouble, and discomfort. I’m worried about what’s going to happen when she has to walk finally. I know it won’t be easy at first, and I hope that she can take it, because she’s not one to handle pain very well. It’s at a point where it’s so close…the wound’s almost healed, they’ve been getting her out of bed to sit in a wheelchair lately, but she has yet to attempt to walk. She’s so homesick. All she can think about is being able to come home. So close but so far…she and I have both been struggling with depression, and anxiety. And my little brother, Timmy, has Down Syndrome, just doesn’t understand why his momma is gone, and as a result, he’s been rebelling. I know he’s angry, and confused, and the poor little guy can’t even express himself with words. He can’t ask why his mom’s gone. He can’t TELL me how angry he is. It’s already hard enough on me, having to take care of him by myself, but he’s been forcing himself to vomit after he eats, he get up in the middle of the night and screams. He’s just been acting out, and it breaks my heart. It breaks my heart how lonely and sad my mom is. And along with the bouts of depression, the stress is taking its toll. Please, I ask you to just say a prayer for my mom, my brother, and me. God willing, it won’t be too much longer before she can come home, which will definitely take a lot of the stress of me, and give Timmy and my mom peace of mind. Thanks, and God bless.

S

silverwind

This really touched my heart. I will pray for all of you. Please keep us posted as to how things are going.

B

BrokenAndBeautiful

Thank you, Silverwind. Your prayers are much appreciated. I'll keep you posted.

C

charisenexcelcis

I will pray.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My heart to your mom, your brother, and you. I understand how hard it must be for your brother and all of you.
I will pray as often as I can that Jesus will bring a whole healing to all of you.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles

student

Jul 20, 2010
I'm praying for you all. Dear Lord, I pray for healing for this family; comfort for BnB, recovery for her mother and peace for Timmy. I pray, believing in your covenant, belief in your desire to do this and your love. In Jesus' name. Amen

B

BrokenAndBeautiful

Thanks for the prayers, guys. Today, my moms wound care specialtist said that they need to get her up, standing and walking. Finally!!! I'm not sure when they're gonna start, but hopefully it'll be soon, and she won't have too much trouble. The wound, itsef is now at about 4 inches wide, and very little depth to it, thank God! Just keep you fingers crossed that she'll be able to come home soon!!!

S

silverwind

Thanks for the prayers, guys. Today, my moms wound care specialtist said that they need to get her up, standing and walking. Finally!!! I'm not sure when they're gonna start, but hopefully it'll be soon, and she won't have too much trouble. The wound, itsef is now at about 4 inches wide, and very little depth to it, thank God! Just keep you fingers crossed that she'll be able to come home soon!!!
will continue to pray!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Ill keep praying for all of you.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles