Mom's Struggle To Feed her Kids

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dalconn

...except for the grace of God

V

Viligant_Warrior

This woman is a hero, and the kind of woman that raised Ben Carson and his brother Curtis. Eden Strong may also raise a potential president, as her children are going to remember what she sacrificed for them. From the article:

Looking back at my past, it’s clear to me how I got in this position. One in 10 children are victims of child abuse; I grew up with a mentally ill mother in a household fraught with neglect. My parents reminded me on a daily basis that I was nothing more than a burden to them, and I was desperate to prove them wrong and to find some worthiness in my existence. As a teen, I spent my weekends working at an animal shelter and volunteering with the special-needs children at my church. When I was old enough to leave home at the age of 18, I quickly did, traveling the country as a missionary, helping the rebuilding efforts in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, and even volunteering at a food bank.

But, despite my desire to leave my abusive past behind, I was young and inexperienced, and I married a man with all the qualities I was running away from. Over time, my desire to help the world fell away as I focused on just surviving with an abusive husband. Four years into our marriage, our first child was born, followed by a second child. Three years ago, my husband left, his only legacy a history of drug addiction and abuse and two children who grieve for the parent they lost. I am now a single mom without a college education to fall back on.

Isometimes cry myself to sleep at night as the emptiness of my stomach claws at my soul. I wear donated clothing and recently had to tell my daughter for the third year in a row that I cannot afford to throw her a birthday party. I never expected my life to turn out like this, and I’m sure that the other 48.1 million Americans who are also food insecure feel the same way.
May God bless her and her children, and deliver them out of this situation to glorify Him.