more false prophets of today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jaybird88

does anyone remember back when GW Bush was president, when asked why he invaded Iraq he said the Lord told him to do it.

does anyone think georgy was a false prophet? he definitely does not strike me as a very godly, compassionate man.

Feb 7, 2015
Prophets were compassionate men????

J

jaybird88

Prophets were compassionate men????
i would think so. compassion means you care about others. if one had no compassion for others they would have a cruel heart and care nothing for anyone but themselves. are those the types of people our Lord chooses to speak through? i would think not.

A

AgeofKnowledge

George Bush was no prophet. If only he had been.

J

jaybird88

georgy was proven to be a lair many times so im not sure i believe much of what he says.

so what does it say about a person if they want to push an agenda and go so far to say the Almighty Himself said they support it. IMO it would make that agenda evil.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
President Bush wasn't a false prophet.

False Prophets are people who teach false doctrine and lead people away from the true Gospel message and teaching of God found in the Bible. Jesus warned about false prophets in Matt. 24:24 stating that in the last days many false prophets would arise and deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Source:
https://carm.org/dictionary-false-prophets

In other words, saying you did something because God told you to once doesn't make one a false prophet. Plus, what do we know? There were times when God told the Israelites to invade other countries. I'm not saying God told President Bush to do so, but I'm not so pompous to presume that I know every word God speaks to every soul.

J

jaybird88

President Bush wasn't a false prophet.

False Prophets are people who teach false doctrine and lead people away from the true Gospel message and teaching of God found in the Bible. Jesus warned about false prophets in Matt. 24:24 stating that in the last days many false prophets would arise and deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Source:
https://carm.org/dictionary-false-prophets

In other words, saying you did something because God told you to once doesn't make one a false prophet. Plus, what do we know? There were times when God told the Israelites to invade other countries. I'm not saying God told President Bush to do so, but I'm not so pompous to presume that I know every word God speaks to every soul.
maybe i am confused. so what exactly does one call someone that claims they are in direct contact to the Almighty Himself.

also what direction does our government lead the masses? to the Lord or away from the Lord. i would say the latter.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
maybe i am confused. so what exactly does one call someone that claims they are in direct contact to the Almighty Himself.

also what direction does our government lead the masses? to the Lord or away from the Lord. i would say the latter.
Well, thanks to Christ laying down His life, we all have direct contact to God, so I would say that those that truly do have direct contact with God would call themselves Christians. But that's just me. The secular world calls it delusions of grandeur, if that helps you.

And, we aren't talking about the government in general, for we all know that our government is full of thieves and liars...our world is, in truth. You were pointing to one specific event in President Bush's presidency, and so that was what I responded to. You can't lump all the chaos in the world into one post after you made a specific statement. Because no one here, myself included, is defending our government as a whole. However, recall if you will that the Bible says that God is the one that sets our rulers over us, so there you go.

J

jaybird88

Well, thanks to Christ laying down His life, we all have direct contact to God, so I would say that those that truly do have direct contact with God would call themselves Christians. But that's just me. The secular world calls it delusions of grandeur, if that helps you.

And, we aren't talking about the government in general, for we all know that our government is full of thieves and liars...our world is, in truth. You were pointing to one specific event in President Bush's presidency, and so that was what I responded to. You can't lump all the chaos in the world into one post after you made a specific statement. Because no one here, myself included, is defending our government as a whole. However, recall if you will that the Bible says that God is the one that sets our rulers over us, so there you go.
i think there is a difference btween having the Holy Spirit and the voice of the Almighty speaking to you or through you. are all Christians prophets of the Lord?

i agree that bush is one among many liars but he is the only president lately that im awar of that said the Lord directed his agenda. this agenda was the war in iraq. based on bushes contact with the Lord and weapons of mass destruction which was a proven lie. so this war that created great fortunes for the few and death for the many, 500,000 plus iraq children dead, did this bring us closer to our Lord? i think not

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
First thought is, if God had told Bush to engage the war, shouldn't we have won?

And was it God who told Bush about the WMD, which was the biggest argument for the war, that unfortunately turned out to be false?

That kinds boils it down to who lied - Bush or God?

Ima goin' wit Bush

T

tanach

There are people who claim that God told them to do things, including murder. They are not Prophets just mentally disturbed.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Does everyone remember this man who claimed to be Jesus and had his followers get 666 tattoos?

[video=youtube;QZSsQ7b3CrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZSsQ7b3CrY[/video]

Dec 17, 2014
Why should we have won? Just because god told someone to start a war?

I don't know if god did tell him to im saying maybe all of gods plans for us wont/cant be perceived as good.

Maybe us destroying ourselves is his plan....he doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

I don't know why but everyone seems to think that by god being god he's the nicest guy ever....I think that many many people are in for a big surprise.

E

Elysian

does anyone remember back when GW Bush was president, when asked why he invaded Iraq he said the Lord told him to do it.

does anyone think georgy was a false prophet? he definitely does not strike me as a very godly, compassionate man.
The real question here is which lord is JW Bush speaking of?

Feb 7, 2015
georgy was proven to be a lair many times so im not sure i believe much of what he says.

so what does it say about a person if they want to push an agenda and go so far to say the Almighty Himself said they support it. IMO it would make that agenda evil.
And yet, we don't question, for an instant, any of the various collection of documents all sorts of ancient people wrote, and that some committees of men, hundreds and thousands of years later decided to vote to include as canonical.

Think about all that for a few minutes. I find that fascinating.

R

RachelBibleStudent

actually that story is dubious at best...

it traces back to a single source...one palestinian newspaper that reported that bush also said God told him to establish a palestinian state...

M

Marcopolo777

His "god" is Satan, who all the leaders of the world worship. And George Bush was just a pawn to take over the oil supply in the Middle East by starting a war.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tanach

So Bush's God is Satan! I bet that didn't come from The Washington Post. I thought the nations and leaders of the world were under Gods control. Why God would tell Bush to invade anywhere beats me but he certainly didn't stop him. Perhaps he was
getting rid of Saddam Hussain for his own purposes who knows. Also since when was Satan interested in American oil suppklies

J

jaybird88

So Bush's God is Satan! I bet that didn't come from The Washington Post. I thought the nations and leaders of the world were under Gods control. Why God would tell Bush to invade anywhere beats me but he certainly didn't stop him. Perhaps he was
getting rid of Saddam Hussain for his own purposes who knows. Also since when was Satan interested in American oil suppklies
i think Satan cares very much about oil and anything else he can use to influence man to turn away from our Lord.