more than we can handle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

carecan

God says he will never give us more than we can handle so what would "more than we can handle" look like? Death? A crippling disease? The loss of a child? Unless we commit suicide we have no choice but to go on even if going on consists of never getting out of bed again.

Would just like to hear everyone thoughts. Thanks

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
God says he will never give us more than we can handle so what would "more than we can handle" look like? Death? A crippling disease? The loss of a child? Unless we commit suicide we have no choice but to go on even if going on consists of never getting out of bed again.

More that we can handle would be a temptation.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

This is the way i like to think of this.

I have some kind of genetic thing that makes it very easy for me to produce kidney stones. So i get them about twice a year. Now i dont know if you've ever had a kidney stone, but i have never EVER been in so much pain as i have been with a kidney stone. I dont know if you've ever had a kid, but imagine that pain, but 10 times worse.

So one night im sitting at home and my side starts hurting, this was about 7 years ago. I had never had a kidney stone at that point so i didn't know what was wrong. The pain kept getting worse and worse to where i couldn't even sit down, stand up, walk around. Nothing. It hurt to even move. I felt like i was being stabbed in my side, over and over again.
I finally call my parents and i get driven to the Emergency Room. It's totally packed. So i get checked in and the nurse tells me it sounds like you have a kidney stone. Your just gonna have to wait in the waiting room and we'll get to you as soon as we can.

At this point im in so much pain im throwing up all over the E.R. floor. I couldn't even get up to walk to the bathroom. I was laying on the floor because sitting was just to excrutiating. After 6 hours of that i still hadn't been called back, i just started to cry.... Jesus you have to help me, I can't take this anymore.... Literally As soon as i was done praying that, i just passed out cold. I remember being woken up wheeled back into the e.r. room getting all these needles poked in my arm.

I believe God caused me to pass out, because he knew i couldn't handle anymore. He gave me what i could handle then took care of the rest.

I dont think it has just to do with temptation. I believe God will give you the strength to endure what trials and tribulations come. Trust is a huge part in this. You have to trust God knows whats best for you, and trust that whatever comes he will equip you to handle it.

Ended up my kidney stone was so large it had gotten stuck in my kidney, and i had to have surgery to get it out.

Nov 23, 2011

I have some kind of genetic thing that makes it very easy for me to produce kidney stones. So i get them about twice a year. Now i dont know if you've ever had a kidney stone, but i have never EVER been in so much pain as i have been with a kidney stone. I dont know if you've ever had a kid, but imagine that pain, but 10 times worse.

So one night im sitting at home and my side starts hurting, this was about 7 years ago. I had never had a kidney stone at that point so i didn't know what was wrong. The pain kept getting worse and worse to where i couldn't even sit down, stand up, walk around. Nothing. It hurt to even move. I felt like i was being stabbed in my side, over and over again.
I finally call my parents and i get driven to the Emergency Room. It's totally packed. So i get checked in and the nurse tells me it sounds like you have a kidney stone. Your just gonna have to wait in the waiting room and we'll get to you as soon as we can.

At this point im in so much pain im throwing up all over the E.R. floor. I couldn't even get up to walk to the bathroom. I was laying on the floor because sitting was just to excrutiating. After 6 hours of that i still hadn't been called back, i just started to cry.... Jesus you have to help me, I can't take this anymore.... Literally As soon as i was done praying that, i just passed out cold. I remember being woken up wheeled back into the e.r. room getting all these needles poked in my arm.

I believe God caused me to pass out, because he knew i couldn't handle anymore. He gave me what i could handle then took care of the rest.

I dont think it has just to do with temptation. I believe God will give you the strength to endure what trials and tribulations come. Trust is a huge part in this. You have to trust God knows whats best for you, and trust that whatever comes he will equip you to handle it.

Ended up my kidney stone was so large it had gotten stuck in my kidney, and i had to have surgery to get it out.

Dear NodMyHeadLikeYeah:
God bless you. May nothing like that ever happen to you again.
May only good things happen to you from now on.
Scott

U

Ugly

Beginning of 2011 i had 6 stones in 5 months. 3 surgeries, 2 stents, 1 shockwave lithotripsy, 6 ER visits, plus the 6 follow up visits with a urologist. On top of that i have chronic kidney failure, which only complicates having stones. So i know how it feels.

P

peterT

Wow deep.
carecan I don’t pretend to know the answer to that “more than we can handle”

But I do know the heeling factor.

I drowned myself in the word of God the Bible. I think about it, I talk about it, and I read or dwell about it all day long, then all your cares just disappear

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Dec 19, 2009

I struggle with this myself. I will say that once in a while I’ve chosen the wrong path, and the Lord has forgiven me. Please don’t interpret that to mean I am suggesting you choose the wrong path—I always regret it when I do—but I am saying that life is not an unbearable experience. If we try hard to follow the Lord, he will show us the path to contentment.