Mormons / Latter Day Saints

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mosiah

Banned
Aug 28, 2014
25
0
0
The problem with Mormons as I see it. The have no need of Jesus as it is purely works based. They have written their own book and refer to it more than the bible. They are controlled by 3 families that are filthy stinking rich. They have multiple wives as many as they want (which I could not imagine, I do good with just one). and much much more.

Hi Kerry,
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was born into the Roman Catholic Church and then embraced Judaism with my Father. I have been a very active member of the LDS church now for thirty years. You have stated some misconceptions about my faith. I do have need for the atonement of Jesus Christ. Yes, we have the Book of Mormon, I believe and know that it is another Testament of Jesus Christ. I have no idea about what you said that 'Thy are controlled by 3 families...). I have never heard of that. We do not practice polygamy since 1890. What is the 'and much much more)?

I do believe John the Revelator when he taught in the book of Revelations:
Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
I Believe If you want to know something about another person’s faith or beliefs, ask an active, participating, and somewhat knowledgeable member of that faith. Than to try it on your own.
I try to live by some advice by one of my leaders who now deceased:
"We cannot afford to be arrogant or self-righteous. It is our obligation to reach out in helpfulness, not only to our own but to all others as well". (Gordon B. Hinckley; President and Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.) I hop we can build bridges of understanding between us instead of contention and disparaging comments. God Bless you.