Moses/Elijah/Enoch?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Some think the two witnesses of Rev 11 will be Moses and Elijah. Some think Enoch and Elijah. What do you think and why?

L

lightbliss

If the witnesses are going to be two people from over a thousand years ago, I'd say Enoch and Elijah because God took them to Heaven; they didn't "die."

I think souls can be manifested into human forms (ex., Jesus). Since Enoch and Elijah didn't technically die, I think their bodies went directly to Heaven, so their return as the two witnesses is feasible.

But I always thought that the two witnesses would be of our time (or whenever the time is).

C

Crazy4GODword

I believe it could be friend but if you think about it God might do the opposite of man interpretation. (example) The pharisees thought the Messiah would come rich and with great power from appearances, also they thought many things of Jesus's coming and how He should come and what He should do.

God is not going to follow mans teachings. (again another example) they thought He would be in a great family or come some how great, but Jesus was born in a manger and they also thought that they would be freed by the roman empire but instead God was meaning sin.

God bless sister

Jul 6, 2010
Some think the two witnesses of Rev 11 will be Moses and Elijah. Some think Enoch and Elijah. What do you think and why?

Hi Julianna,

Enoch was from before the flood, there was no Israel back then. So for God to use him as a witness against/for Israel doesn't make sense to me since Enoch is not from Israel. I go with Moses and Elijah because they are of Israel. Also Moses turned water to blood and Elijah prayed to stop the rain, both these events are included in the workings of the two in revelation 11:6...plagues also were present in Egypt of Moses' time.

Regards
Devolution.

L

lightbliss

Devolution, you have a good point.

But God's power isn't limited; He can give and take. So it is possible that whoever the two witnesses are, they'll have the powers that God gives them.

Pleases note that I'm not trying to argue, just throwing out some thoughts.

God Bless :)

Jul 6, 2010
Devolution, you have a good point.

But God's power isn't limited; He can give and take. So it is possible that whoever the two witnesses are, they'll have the powers that God gives them.

Pleases note that I'm not trying to argue, just throwing out some thoughts.

God Bless :)

No problem at all, just got one more interesting point to ponder for ya..Michael and Satan fighting over Moses' body...strange event don't you think? I believe God intends/intended/did translate Moses' soul back into his body for that coming event...why else fight over a corpse ? And the only instance of this strange event in the bible too..just something for you to ponder further.

God bless you too :)

J

Jullianna

Crazy4GODword I have to say that I absolutely love the idea of God fulfilling the prophesy in a completely unexpected manner. His ways are always higher and far better than anything we can imagine.

D

DanuckInUSA

To use men who have been seen before Jesus went up and saw Moses and Elijah on the mountain top. However, Elijah had returned already in John so the only other person brought to God would be Enoch. I will go Moses Enoch though I don't think it really matters.

Feb 9, 2010
11Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth(Zechariah 4:11-14).

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth(Revelation 11:3-4).

The two witnesses stand before the God of the earth.

I do not believe it will be two angels for God does not use angels to prophesy to people,especially for 3 and one half years.

It cannot be anybody at that time period that is on earth,for these 2 are the two anointed ones that stand before God since the Old Testament times.

It would have to be two people from the Old Testament times.

It could be Enoch and Elijah since both were caught up alive in the Old Testament.

It could be Moses and Elijah for the two prophets do the same miracles that they did,where Enoch did not,and Moses and Elijah were seen with Jesus who was transfigured,on the mountain that the disciples witnessed.

The Bible says that no man knows where Moses sepulchre is at.

I believe it will be Moses and Elijah,for both had the authority to do great miracles,which the two prophets will do,and both were seen with Jesus on the mountain.

C

Crazy4GODword

Dear friend mpaper345,

I do not want to start an arguement this is my opinion....

The one who wrote Revalation was John, now think this out.....what about Jesus and His transfiguration on the mountain. John and his brother and Peter was there and Peter claimed those men with Christ was Moses and Elijah. So if John heard Peter say that then he would know what Moses and Elijah look like. So if John did then why would he describe the witnesses without a name? Again this is only my opinion.

1still_waters

Welll..someone like me who sees much of Revelation laden with symbolism, which contains truth, views this in a different way...............Possibly........

The witnesses are described as TWO OLIVE TREES and TWO LAMP STANDS.

Who are the two olive trees and lamp stands. What could they represent?

In Revelation 1: 20 The lamp stands, stand for the church.
and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

In Jeremiah 11:16 Israel is referred to as an olive tree.

16 The LORD called you a thriving olive tree
with fruit beautiful in form.

So who are the olive tree and lamp stand, ie two witnesses?

Maybe it's simply the church and saved Israel working together for the Gospel?

3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.

Last edited: