Most Satisfying!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
What do you think is most satisfying in marriage? What is it that singles yearn for?

What makes marriage God glorifying?

I suppose that is three seperate questions? Anyone got answers?

C

Catlynn

Well I don't know about the first one but I know that I would like to share my ministry and desires for God's work with someone.
Sure all of the romantic and fun stuff sounds great too! But I want to share TRUTH with my spouse. Truth is more exciting than anything!

As far as God-glorifying, I always thought of marriage as something you do if you can better serve God as a team than you could separately. XD but that's me.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Well I don't know about the first one but I know that I would like to share my ministry and desires for God's work with someone.
Sure all of the romantic and fun stuff sounds great too! But I want to share TRUTH with my spouse. Truth is more exciting than anything!

As far as God-glorifying, I always thought of marriage as something you do if you can better serve God as a team than you could separately. XD but that's me.

Very well said, I would say the first part is answered by your other answers.

B

Brandon777

What do you think is most satisfying in marriage? What is it that singles yearn for?

What makes marriage God glorifying?

I suppose that is three seperate questions? Anyone got answers?
Three separate questions yes, but very tied together in answer. The Bible says that the church is the bride of Christ. Marriage emulates the most satisfying phenomenon in existence, the blessed union between a human person and the pulchritudinous person of God! I would like nothing more in my life than to be with God! And I believe that any true Christian has this same desire. Being with a woman is not as wonderful, but it has it's similarities. And I believe that a couple reasons God made male and female on the earth is: to comfort us before we come to Him, to learn to trust someone, to be passionate for someone, to be intimate with someone, to sacrifice for someone, to bring the urge to understand each other, and to learn commitment and loyalty to someone. And all of these things are good and anything that is good brings glory to God because He is responsible for all good in existence. These same things are the things that singles yearn for. So yes, the questions all come from the same place in the heart.

Last edited: