Moving on

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sportygirl

I guess this is just a post to see how other people dealt wiht moving on after a break-up. I've recently been through one and am starting to move on but everyonce in a while I seem to hit a speedbump that slows down my progress. I know everythings going to be fine in the long run and that God has a plan, its just getting there that hurts I guess...Any one else have similar stories, how did you cope wiht the speedbumps? And what did God do in your life in the end?

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I guess this is just a post to see how other people dealt wiht moving on after a break-up. I've recently been through one and am starting to move on but everyonce in a while I seem to hit a speedbump that slows down my progress. I know everythings going to be fine in the long run and that God has a plan, its just getting there that hurts I guess...Any one else have similar stories, how did you cope wiht the speedbumps? And what did God do in your life in the end?
My ex slept with another guy after swearing to me that she wouldn't let anyone but her husband see her naked. That being said what really nailed the coffin shut was 9 -10 months of her trying to convince me it was my fault. Apparently in her mind I held a gun to her head and forced her to sleep with the guy. It's hard to love someone after that. To be honest talking with my mom alot helped, besides reminding myself of how she treated me.

Hope this helps.

M

Matthew

My only struggle with this kind of thing was more a recovery from infatuation rather than love, but the feelings of being hollow, totally incomplete and always confused and angry were very intense, the only thing that helped me was people giving me support, there was nothing they could say to change it but them being there for me to talk too helped.

One of my favourite songs has the line "there really is no moving on, there's only going along", that always stayed with me right from the first time I heard it, as time passes your feelings will fade and the pain will turn into knowledge and then the knowledge into wisdom that will guard you in the future, some days will be harder than others, it's the price we sometimes have to pay for taking a chance on someone.