MUZAC

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it ok for Christians to enjoy secular music?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
K

KristenNicole777

Haha What type of Music does everyone Listen to?

Is it ok for Christians to Listen to music labled as "secular"?

Just a couple questions to see what people think!!

Ill give my answer after hearing others as i dont want to influence any prior reactions!!!

A

Abing

hmmm.

If you ask me, it is okay. BUT have you noticed when you listen to 'secular' music, you'll get to listen more and more to it, and less and less to christian songs. Well, thats what i found out myself. lol. And every time I listen to songs of praise and worship, you feel different, it reminds you how grateful you should be for what God has done, and it makes you feel good, that you don't pay attention to 'secular' anymore. so. I'd say it's okay, but then, there's nothing wrong about it, it's just that, when you listen to Christian music, it draws you closer to Him. You'll get to wonder how great He is and leads you to prayer and living His word. So. given the two options, i choose to listen to christian music.

um. anyways, i sometimes listen to anime soundtracks. when i'm watching anime :D

K

KristenNicole777

I have noticed that as well, I have my "moods" when im listening to secular music my preferred choice is country!! Yikes! lol no i enjoy alot of country music and used to listen to some other music but now its mostly Christian and Country and i have noticed it as you said when im listening to my country i listen less to Christian and when im listening to the Christian music i listen less to the other. But i enjoy both. My main thing though is i only listen to music with ok themes and lyrics, nothing dirty and no cussing which is why i like country its not all bad

G

goth4god

as long as the secular music is clean i dont see a problem!