My boss

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I work for a Christian non-profit that serves at-risk youth. I coordinat the tutoring center, and to be honest I really don't like working here. My boss is terrifying. She is very prim and proper. Before founding this ministry, she was a professional opera singer. She likes everything just so. I am always afraid that I've forgotten something or I didn't do it right. Inevitably, she finds something wrong with everything I plan. You see, I kind of go with the flow. I like things to be organized, but it something doesn't go as planned it doesnt really bother me much. I can be flexible. I don't think she can. I also struggle with long-term planning. My job is very stressful and the stress makes it difficult for me to perform well. My job description should apply to about 12 people, but somehow she is very disappointed when I cannot do everything the way she wants it.
Here's today's scenario... she texts frantically to see if we got a gift for the choir teacher. Tonight was our very first concert. I hadn't thought about it, but her response was "It's protocol!!!" How was I suppose to know? Anyways, I frantically called my assistant who didn't answer. Eventually he showed up 15 minutes late with flowers. I was very specific with him more than once that he needed to have cocoa and cookies with the parents, get them to help with a bit of the cleaning, and bring them down at 5:55. He agreed. Well, apparentally even though I told him a time to come down, he thought I should signal him... and my bos was frantic when I told her he was going to bring them down at 5:55 and he hadn't even begun getting everyone ready at 6:00. So I got snapped at. I needed to be downstairs to sing with the kids and manage them.
So I really don't want to work here. My love my boss as a person, but I can't stand her as a boss. Unfortunately, I have no other options for work. I'm looking for a roommate because my rent is 50% of my income and that will help a little, but I need a specific type of roommate.
Help Jesus!

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I'll pray for you, for your job, your boss and your home. I don't have much to say apart from cast your burdens and cares on Him, for He shall give you rest. God bless

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for all you ask in Jesus's name.
Praying for all provision for you as well.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

W

woodl

I work for a Christian non-profit that serves at-risk youth. I coordinat the tutoring center, and to be honest I really don't like working here. My boss is terrifying. She is very prim and proper. Before founding this ministry, she was a professional opera singer. She likes everything just so. I am always afraid that I've forgotten something or I didn't do it right. Inevitably, she finds something wrong with everything I plan. You see, I kind of go with the flow. I like things to be organized, but it something doesn't go as planned it doesnt really bother me much. I can be flexible. I don't think she can. I also struggle with long-term planning. My job is very stressful and the stress makes it difficult for me to perform well. My job description should apply to about 12 people, but somehow she is very disappointed when I cannot do everything the way she wants it.
Here's today's scenario... she texts frantically to see if we got a gift for the choir teacher. Tonight was our very first concert. I hadn't thought about it, but her response was "It's protocol!!!" How was I suppose to know? Anyways, I frantically called my assistant who didn't answer. Eventually he showed up 15 minutes late with flowers. I was very specific with him more than once that he needed to have cocoa and cookies with the parents, get them to help with a bit of the cleaning, and bring them down at 5:55. He agreed. Well, apparentally even though I told him a time to come down, he thought I should signal him... and my bos was frantic when I told her he was going to bring them down at 5:55 and he hadn't even begun getting everyone ready at 6:00. So I got snapped at. I needed to be downstairs to sing with the kids and manage them.
So I really don't want to work here. My love my boss as a person, but I can't stand her as a boss. Unfortunately, I have no other options for work. I'm looking for a roommate because my rent is 50% of my income and that will help a little, but I need a specific type of roommate.
Help Jesus!
Heavenly Father I pray for Jordache and her boss. I pray Lord that her boss will understand that she's there to help our youth and the only way to win them over is to show them the kindness and the love that Jesus has. Teach her of this love and kindness Lord and teach her how to apply it. I pray for Jordache also Lord that she will find a christian room mate that will carry haft the load and that you will make her burdon light. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

S

shekaniah

Agreeing in prayer with my brother and sisters in Christ, in Jesus name amen

J

jimsun

It seems your boss is greatly troubled. The problem is certainly not yours. As we enter a New Year & despite beliefs of a severe recession & continued economic dip, this is to be a fairly "bullish" 1st 6 months (Trust me).
But remaining in an unhappy job that is making you even more unhappy with each day will begin to seriously affect your physical health.
Cast your net wide in this 1st half of 2012, revamp your CV, re-invent yourself, & look positively ahead, safe & joyous that your God has His hand on the tiller as you set sail.
Kick start a vigorous job search. Go for whatever is out there before you. It may not be the job you want, long term, but look upon it as the 1st rung of the ladder you're climbing.
It's a lot easier to get a job when you already have one - To a recruiter it makes you desirable rather than unemployable.
Every journey begins but with one step so make covering your financial needs step1 & then the job you really want, step 2.

A

AnandaHya

I would advise stop trash talking your boss and pray for her and ask God to give her patience instead of complaining turn the other cheek and do as Jesus taught and submit to the authority God has placed over you. Your boss has high expectations, God has higher ones. if you strive to meet God's then your boss' will be meet as well. Remind her and yourself that the focus should be on the kids and bringing them closer to God, NOT show and performance alone but Christ.

High expectations are good but they should be placed upon the children not just the teachers. Too often at risk kids are given things without working for them and that makes it worth less to them, or they are degraded by low expectations which makes them believe the unspoken message that they are not good enough to be expected to preform as other kids, that there is something innately wrong with them. I've worked with at risk kids too and too often I see this trend happen. It is sad but know that most who work in the field is because they love the children and hope to make their lives better.

The focus should be on GOD and His children and helping to plant and water seeds of His truth in their lives. Not personal politics and pride. Do you pray every morning together? As a staff when I was working with a Christain summer camp we would pray every morning and the mornings we were "too busy" were worst then the ones were we found the extra time to pray and have a volunteer pastor lead us in prayer our just the staff hold hands for a few minutes and do a silent prayer of protection and guidance over ourselves and the children so that God's love and truth might be revealed to all who entered the doors of the church.

I will leave you with a warning and admonish to pray when you feel like complaining about your boss. Pray for her and for God to reveal to YOU how to magnify His love and mercy instead of bitterness and strife.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

James 3
5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.
See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

you do not think your words a curse?

Here let me give you an example too often I hear people say in front of special needs kids they are lazy, stupid, worthless or words that convey that meaning.

do you believe those to be curses?

well another form of it is, "oh you don't have to do that, its too hard for you"

which translates into "I don't think you are smart enough so let me make myself feel better and help you do it instead of allowing you to learn independence and do it yourself" or "I don't think you are good or hard working enough so let me lower my standards so that we won't be disappointed"

So perhaps your boss says things that make you feel unworthy, or perhaps the words are in your own mind and you feel cursed.

However which ever is the case you are not to listen to those voices and instead listen to GOD who says You are His beloved child. Seek to please GOD and all else will fall into place. If you know in your heart that all you do you do for the glory of God and by the power of God, then who can find fault in that? Even if they do it is not you they find fault in if you give it your best but God who made you.

the stipulation is that you give it your best and pray daily for God's help and guidance.

I used to worry what others thought of me, until I learned of God's love and learned to listen to the Holy Spirit and hear what God thought of me. Until I was given the faith to cry forth Abba, Father, I worried about many things but now I focus on one: How I might live my life as a living sacrifice to My Lord and Savior and honor Him with my words, thoughts and actions. All else just fall into place.

May God bless and Keep you.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnf1xczuOrA&feature=related[/video]