My concerns about the bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mikeuk

Wait Blain is actually talking about something that fits in the bible discussion forum!? But all jokes aside There is something i wish to discuss and it's bible. Lately I have been talking to God about my concerns with his word. I'm sure you all know my stance on scripture that it is holy and sacred and should be treated as such not to be used lightly or misused.
My conversation with God starts off with how it disturbs me how easy it is for one to tear apart his holy words and twist them and misuse them with ease. I heard atheists will study the bible exhaustively simple to debate attack and hurt Christians, I notice how if one knows the bible well how easy it is to take it out of context to fit our own desires beliefs or intentions. Even satan himself did this when Jesus was in the wilderness.

Another thing is this whole Bible version mess.Lots of ppl say a certain version is the only true word of God such as the king james version or possible some other version. But see this doesn't make sense to me because when I was first saved I only had a living translation bible and I have seen scripture do amazing things. When i began reading it wasn't like reading or studying a normal book every word and verse I read I could feel my soul devouring it as if it was the most amazing and most satisfying food or wine. I didn't read with an interpretation or anything I simply devoured everything I read and i saw how strong it made me so quickly I saw the power each verse held and I saw it do amazing things.

Although for some reason this didn't last long maybe a week or so, one day it just stopped i never could read the word like that again I never felt my soul devouring each verse like that. it's not the same as reading the bible or studying it like we normally do there is no interpretation needed no view of what a scripture means its as if God already gave you the eyes and understanding and all you have to do is simply feast on his word. I desperately want this again and I have prayed for it but it simply doesn't happen.
Blain, don't get discouraged. All of the saints experienced arid times, when God no longer felt close enough. Read such as "dark night of the soul" and it explains these dark periods, that the stronger your faith becomes, the more it is tested! The love will return, you can count on it!

I love this poem, whose origin I do not know.

"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Feb 24, 2015
The word of God. I was in church on Sunday, concentrating on singing and praising, thinking about those around me, realising I had spent too much time on the issues and not on the Lord.

A letter written to you is just a letter, but its subject is about things in life, feelings, incidents, in which you are involved. A letter is intended to add to the relationship between the reader and the writer. The mistake people make is to turn the book into a scientific definition of reality, which you can tell who is sound and who is not, like spotting goodies and baddies.

But the letter is written to change your heart, to help you, to give you encouragement and guidance.

To the religious it is a lucky charm, which if they spend more time in, it will help them in life. The trouble is it is like a high walled city, words that only make sense when you have the key, Jesus.

Think about this realilty. From Moses to Jesus is 1400 years. From Jesus to us is now 2000+ years.
When I grew up the illusion was the ideas and words were primitive and unsophisticated. The truth is our society has been very emotionally blind, naive, deceived and some very evil things done in the name of advancement.

The law of Moses, Genesis stands unique in history, which makes me bow and wonder at the Lord of all.