My cousin’s story

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2020
WARNING: I will be having to talk about some “sexual stuff” so just putting that in there just in case if it will make anyone uncomfortable.

My family is big, my mom is the youngest out of 3 children and my Dad is the youngest out of three children, so that means I have a lot of cousins, I wanna say I have 10 cousins in total, but there is one cousin I want to talk about, my mom’s sister oldest child. You see he grew up in a Christian household, as did basically everyone on my mom and dad side of the families, but because my mom’s brother and sister lived near each other, their two families hanged out a lot, as did my mom’s family too. We would have giant gatherings and since all of us kids are close in age, and each family has 2-3 kids (Meaning my mom has 3 kids, my aunt has 3 kids, and my uncle technically has 3, but in this point in time that I’m talking about, it was only 2), it was fun and crazy times, and we were close as a family.

But then something happened that would throw a wrench into all of this happiness and basically still affects everyone to this day. My cousin, the oldest one from my aunt (I wanna say his other siblings were there, but I honestly don’t know), was sleeping over at my uncle’s house, my mom’s brother. So from what I heard happened...well, my uncle’s oldest daughter, I believe it was either her or my cousin, but one of them asked each other if they could do a “Blowjob”. I know what it means and I don’t know how far they went, I do not wish to know, but it was enough for my Uncle to send my aunt’s son to court, where he later was sent to prison.

He was old enough, not a juvenile, while my uncle’s daughter was still apparently a juvenile. So my cousin never finished High school and had to spend if I remember 4-6 years in prison, and had to have one of those “needs to stay away from children warnings out on his record”.

I believe he did get parole and I did send him letters here and there but anyway, when he got out, we were all happy for him and currently, he is married to the girl he had been dating for 6 years (My mom said they basically started dating when he got out), they are excepting their first child soon, and my cousin is even thinking about going to College, so he can do the same work his wife does because she makes a lot of money, it’s something to do with oil drilling, but can’t remember what part of it.

The part I want to bring up as the most interesting is out of all the grandkids my mom’s mom has, he was the first one to be married. I’m not any married, my sister has had boyfriends but is not married, my brother isn’t married and has been trying to find a girlfriend, my aunt’s 2nd oldest is the one who had a baby out of wedlock and is trying to find, my aunt’s daughter has had boyfriends and from what I remember she is currently living with her boyfriend, and finally I honestly don’t what my Cousins from my Mom’s brother are up to nowadays, my mom and my aunt just simply refuse to talk to him...and it’s been like this for I wanna say the last 10 to 12 years. I know when this stuff was still fresh in everyone’s mind in my family, my sister just happened to Spot our Uncle, she said hi but he acted like he didn’t know her, which really hurt her feelings.

I just find it so interesting that this cousin, that all the bad stuff has happened to, is now living, from what I can tell, a very happy life. I think it shows how the lord, no matter our mistakes, can redeem us if we truly believe in him. I don’t know if my cousin or his wife are Christian, all I have to go on is that the wife was not going to live in the same house as my cousin until they were married, so I think that is a pretty good indicator, but then again, we all what they say about “assuming”, lol.

I just wanted to share my cousin’s story as an example that life does get better, it truly does.

T

TheIndianGirl

Nice story. I hope your uncle's oldest daughter (the victim) is doing well and was not traumatized.

Aug 16, 2020
Nice story. I hope your uncle's oldest daughter (the victim) is doing well and was not traumatized.
From what I know, I think she is okay, no one from my Uncle’s family talks to anyone, except my grandmother because she wants to see her grandkids. In fact, my Uncle had a baby during all of that stuff, and I have not physically seen that baby boy since he was an actual baby, the only way I see him is photos on my Grandmother’s Facebook. I know I could probably reach out to my Uncle, but at this point, I don’t want to cause conflict. I was actually almost going to see my Uncle’s family, cause my grandmother had to go visit them while she was visiting with us (This was years ago), but I backed out.

I used to imagine, like the goofy person I am, to drive up to their house (They live in the House my grandmother used to live in) and come out yelling: “LOOK AT THIS HOT MESS, DON’T YOU REGRET NOT SEEING ME GROW UP?”...but I’ve grown up since then and now just accept it. Sometimes I feel like if maybe someone takes the first step, maybe things will change, but I think the pain is still too deep, and I do remember my mom saying my aunt (Not my Mom’s sister, my uncle’s wife) has been rude in the past to both her and my mom’s sister. My family is quite complex and conflict filled, my grandfather (My Mom’s mom) is actually “Step-Grandfather”, but I didn’t know about this until High School, cause apparently my mom’s original father was not a nice man, he was mean. It honestly didn’t affect me and I still call him “Grandpa”, but it goes to show my mom’s side of the family has been through so much conflict...lol 😅