my dad and $

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

goth4god

so my dad lost his job Sept of last year. right now he is on unemployment and going back to school for re-training, which is all paid for. The problem is that my dad sucks at having a budget. My mom has asked him many times to make one, but he never has. We dont have much money coming in at all and since we dont have a budget we have bills piling up. Also we are trying to get plumbing and electric stuff done to a new mobile home we plan to move into. We had money donated by awesome ppl to help pay for part of the electric wires, but my dad used to money for propane. So if you could pray that my dad finally sees that he needs to make a budget and not spend stuff on whatever he feels like that would be amazing! I'm not 100% sure he is a real christian, bubt if you could pray God helps him with his handling of money that would be nice! He doesnt tithe, so maybe this is just a shock God is giving my dad a shock to make him get this stuff in order. *shrugs* but i know hes getting really stressed about it.

Apr 13, 2007
This reminds me of something my preacher has told a few times. There was a man who made gobs of money but only gave his 10% and kept 90% for himself, yet he had no money it seemed. Then one day he said I'll give God 90% and keep 10% for myself, and sure enough, he actually had more money then he did when he kept the 90% and gave God only 10%. That man happens to own one of the most successful businesses around here.

Also there was a man who didn't make much money at all, however he gave all he could at church, and he got by with no problems at all.

So maybe God is trying to wake your dad up, no matter if it's on simply tithing or if it's on tithing and being a Christian both. Anyways, God has a plan in mind, and He will meet all you and your families needs. Let not your heart be troubled, cast all your cares upon the Lord, for He careth for you. Lean not on your own understanding or strength, but upon the Lord's.

I'll pray, God bless!

J

JenRN25

tell your mom to look up crown ministries. they have an awesome budget plan. maybe it can work for your family. I will be praying :)

G

goth4god

well my dad went to church today and they had a sermon about tithing and money. hopefully some of it went into his head. and my mom has tried to help my dad but he wont take the help or the hints. so its up to him.
and thanks for praying! ^_^

M

maye

you know goth 4 God - you remind me of myself at your age so much. so many of the things you have asked for prayer about were things i also went through at your age. (i am an old lady now - lol) anyway- just keep praying and asking for prayer! i have and will pray for your dad. like you said if he is not saved that is the most important thing! GOD BLESS you and your family!

G

goth4god

thank you so much Maye! ^_^