My Daughter has Borderline Personality Disorder

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
My friends and fellow Christians, Please join me in prayer for a speedy healing of my daughter, so she may escape this dark place she is in and think clearly. In Jesus's name I ask this. Amen.

Thank you.

HomerLes

Nov 25, 2017
Having grown up with a mother with BPD and having to deal with it myself I fully empathize with your situation. This is a hard affliction to deal with. Although I am a firm believer in prayer I also believe there is practical help that can be gained. What we discovered is that BPD can be traced back primarily to childhood issues that have not been healed. This inner wounding can exhibit itself in disassociation and BPD. May I suggest Elijah House Ministries for just such healing? They have been of immense help to many, not just myself.

God bless.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you, they are finding there are anatomical reasons now, as opposed to childhood trauma.
Having spoke with many regarding traumas, Im finding that due to oversensitivity the BPD views things as traumatic, when a neurotypical would not. Ive spoken with families with multiple children, and only one child has BPD, and they were all raised the same.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord let you please heal Soc1's daughter of borderline Personality disorder and bless her with good mind and body, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
Having grown up with a mother with BPD and having to deal with it myself I fully empathize with your situation. This is a hard affliction to deal with. Although I am a firm believer in prayer I also believe there is practical help that can be gained. What we discovered is that BPD can be traced back primarily to childhood issues that have not been healed. This inner wounding can exhibit itself in disassociation and BPD. May I suggest Elijah House Ministries for just such healing? They have been of immense help to many, not just myself.

God bless.
Excellent comments, HomerLes! I was also raised by a family member with what we think is BPD (this individual would die before they allowed themselves to be psychiatrically assessed).

In addition to Elijah House (whom I have had counsellor training from and found them very good) and the books by the founders: the Sandfords, I recommend the book, Life Model: Living From the Heart Jesus Gave You, lifemodel.org becomses lifemodelworks.org. I also recommend the secular book, [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Stop Walking on Eggshells[/COLOR] by Paul Mason.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
[/COLOR]

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm sorry brother for your pain. May the Lord comfort you, and clear your daughter's mind with the peace, joy and love of His Presence.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This link is invalid.

Excellent comments, HomerLes! I was also raised by a family member with what we think is BPD (this individual would die before they allowed themselves to be psychiatrically assessed).

In addition to Elijah House (whom I have had counsellor training from and found them very good) and the books by the founders: the Sandfords, I recommend the book, Life Model: Living From the Heart Jesus Gave You, lifemodel.org becomses lifemodelworks.org. I also recommend the secular book, [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Stop Walking on Eggshells[/COLOR] by Paul Mason.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
[/COLOR]

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you, she is my world

I would take all the pain in the world for her just to be ok again.

Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for sharing, friend. I just said a prayer for your daughter, asking the Lord to surround her with His healing presence in a special and powerful way, filling her with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Remember that He is even more concerned than we are and is able to work mightily in her life. I know it’s not easy, but stay strong. May He prove Himself her healer and sustainer in many tangible ways. Grace and peace to you.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for sharing, friend. I just said a prayer for your daughter, asking the Lord to surround her with His healing presence in a special and powerful way, filling her with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Remember that He is even more concerned than we are and is able to work mightily in her life. I know it’s not easy, but stay strong. May He prove Himself her healer and sustainer in many tangible ways. Grace and peace to you.
Thank you so much for the prayer, Im seeing some tangible results in small areas, I hope for the total big picture.

God Bless

Oct 19, 2017
I too struggle with this. I only found out when I went on a integrative counselling and psychology course. I found out that its important for us to write out and come to terms with the things that trigger us. Theres a type of therapy called schema therapy which is long term but very helpful. I pray that God would touch her and guide her into all truth. I pray that she would find meaning for her future and that her window of tolerance would enlarge helping her to cope with the powerful emotions in Jesus name Amen.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
I too struggle with this. I only found out when I went on a integrative counselling and psychology course. I found out that its important for us to write out and come to terms with the things that trigger us. Theres a type of therapy called schema therapy which is long term but very helpful. I pray that God would touch her and guide her into all truth. I pray that she would find meaning for her future and that her window of tolerance would enlarge helping her to cope with the powerful emotions in Jesus name Amen.
Thank you for the beautiful prayer, and the information. You will be in my prayers as well.

God Bless you

student

Jul 20, 2010

Find this book at CBD - Christian Book Distributor
Or the book
I HAte you - Please don't leave me.
The second book is not Christian but it has been helpful to some extent.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017

Find this book at CBD - Christian Book Distributor
Or the book
I HAte you - Please don't leave me.
The second book is not Christian but it has been helpful to some extent.
Thank you, I have read them