"My Faith" or God's Efficacy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ric2019

Apr 2, 2019
Christian churches and culture seem to have their own evolving "pop culture language" to describe Christian experience.

Some of those words we used to describe the spiritual change in the life of the believer seem to have fallen from the vocabulary of many contemporary Christians. Words, such as:

Lost/saved
Old life/new life
Unconverted/converted
Unregenerate/regenerate
Transformed Life
Born Again or Born from Above

The experience of the new life in Christ is a powerful witness and affirmation of the truth of the Gospel.

However, I see particularly in the media (Christian and secular) celebrities witnessing to "their" faith in God to get them through whatever they went through. Of course, God should be praised and acknowledged for such things.

But, I sense an underlying message that "if you have enough faith in God, like me, God will get you through whatever you are going through."

Shouldn't our testimony be this? "Regardless of the mess I made or found myself in, God's love and grace transformed me from what I was to what He needed me to be which helped me to face life. It wasn't 'my' faith that made the difference. It was the power of God to open me to the Truth and change my heart and mind."

I hope celebrities who are Christians continue to use their platforms to witness that trusting God is important, but that it is equally important that we witness to the changes He makes in us.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Christian churches and culture seem to have their own evolving "pop culture language" to describe Christian experience.

Some of those words we used to describe the spiritual change in the life of the believer seem to have fallen from the vocabulary of many contemporary Christians. Words, such as:

Lost/saved
Old life/new life
Unconverted/converted
Unregenerate/regenerate
Transformed Life
Born Again or Born from Above

The experience of the new life in Christ is a powerful witness and affirmation of the truth of the Gospel.

However, I see particularly in the media (Christian and secular) celebrities witnessing to "their" faith in God to get them through whatever they went through. Of course, God should be praised and acknowledged for such things.

But, I sense an underlying message that "if you have enough faith in God, like me, God will get you through whatever you are going through."

Shouldn't our testimony be this? "Regardless of the mess I made or found myself in, God's love and grace transformed me from what I was to what He needed me to be which helped me to face life. It wasn't 'my' faith that made the difference. It was the power of God to open me to the Truth and change my heart and mind."

I hope celebrities who are Christians continue to use their platforms to witness that trusting God is important, but that it is equally important that we witness to the changes He makes in us.
"Amen"