My Frienemy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2020
My Frienemy

On day walking down the street a young man in the distance was walking towards me.
We took to opposite sides of the street because he was my frienemy
My one time friend who had humiliated me like no one else.

I was not the skinny kid I once was, I was a force to be considered carefully.
Just as we passed on opposite sides of the street God spoke to me.
I want you to forgive him …..
I spit and sputtered for another block or two recounting the wrongs against me, unrepentant.
I finally relented and said OK God I will.
Now I had to do something with it.
I know the pub he like to visit so I though I might find him there the next evening.
I walked in the door and there he was so I walk straight up to him said hello and stuck out my had.
He took it like we where long lost friends and I quickly found out I was the only one he had left.

He had betrayed his friends, he betrayed his family he cheated with his brothers wife and got her pregnant everybody hated him and Oh Yeah he had just been diagnosed with lymph-node cancer at age 19. Docs gave him 6 months to a year or so. Mostly all I did was listen to his story of how he destroyed his life and now was going to die before it even really started.

We walk the same way back home and as we came near where I needed to turn off we stood in parking lot late at night. I ask the Frienemy of mine if he would like me to pray for him. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me close lifted his head and Shouted “YES!” Like he had been asking for me to do just that all night and I finally realized it and asked.
He ended up giving his life over to God and coming to a few bible studies with me until he became sick and ended up going to live with an aunt in Florida. I heard that he died about six months later.

I am so very thankful that I listened to God and did something about it.

See you later Paul.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
thank you for sharing!!!!