My impossible stuggle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
I sinned some years ago, and I don't feel guilt about it anymore. But the one I sinned with, I have a hard time letting go. Please pray I can feel closure from God.

S

shekaniah

You need to ask God to release you from the spiritual, soul and emotional tie you have with this person. Pray that no weapon can be used against you
from the act that you committed. Claim the verse...

Romans 8:1,2
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

C

Crossfire

I sinned some years ago, and I don't feel guilt about it anymore. But the one I sinned with, I have a hard time letting go. Please pray I can feel closure from God.
Sometimes it can very hard to let go of a previous relationship especially if that relationship involved physical intimacy. This was a stumbling block for me for some time after salvation seeing as I am single.

Here's the thing. I used to think it was because I felt lonely that I had elevated this past relationship to the status of an idol in my life. I felt that if God would only allow me to meet someone new that the problem would solve itself. Often times I would get frustrated not only with myself for stumbling but also with God for allowing me to be alone. I could not have been more wrong.

My problem was not a lack of relationship with another person. Instead it was a lack of personal relationship with God. The reason why I was stumbling was because I no longer valued God as my most prized possession. I had allowed other things steal my affections away from God thus I desired them more then I desired Him and because of this I couldn't keep myself from stumbling.

That's when the realization hit me that I can't do this on my own. So I determined to turn my undivided attention toward God until I got an answer and God was / is faithful to give me one. God poured His grace out on me so thick that I could literally feel His presence. He told me that He never intended for me to face my troubles alone, that's exactly why He has given us the Holy Spirit to lead us and teach us His ways and that the Holy Spirit is always near when I need Him, especially in my moment of temptation. I then understood how reliant we are on God for everything and how He will never turn away just as long as we turn to Him whole heartedly.

That's when God won me over once again. My heart now belongs to Him and I have yet to stumble since. Now, that doesn't mean I haven't been tempted however, when that temptation arises I am reminded of the last time allowed something to steal my affections and what a wedge it become between me and God. Then I am reminded of how He never left me nor forsook me during that terrible time and how He is with me even right now. I turn to Him and fellowship with Him, turning my affections toward him and the temptation goes away.

When Christ becomes our most prized possession, sin loses it's hold on our heart.

Last edited:

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I agree with CrossFire and I'll be praying for you. God bless

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for all freedom and healing in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless
pickles

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
My problem was not a lack of relationship with another person. Instead it was a lack of personal relationship with God. The reason why I was stumbling was because I no longer valued God as my most prized possession. I had allowed other things steal my affections away from God thus I desired them more then I desired Him and because of this I couldn't keep myself from stumbling.
That makes since until you realize that I read my Bible often, and pray often. I do everything I can to keep God first in my life. What then, when you're looking unto Jesus, yet still struggle?

You need to ask God to release you from the spiritual, soul and emotional tie you have with this person. Pray that no weapon can be used against you from the act that you committed.
I have asked. :(

I don't stuggle with this near as bad as I did a few months ago. I just think of it now and again, and I don't want to think of it, I want to move on.

S

shekaniah

Remeber the man who had to ask repeatedly...don't give up.
(This is a stronghold).

Luke 10:19,20
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

J

Jordache

Tis the nature of relational sin... There is freedom from that unholy bonding. We break the soul ties in Jesus name. Guard your heart and mind in Jesus. Self-control especially over your thought life will be a huge factor in this healing.