My journey of sickness to health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 11, 2014
It all started with pneumonia and turned into something life threatening. I don't want to go into the details because they are so graphic, you can search on google images Stephen Johnson syndrome if you wish to see. I had high fevers even up to 104.5 which can cause brain damage. My mouth was also peeling like a snake, I could literally pull skin out of my mouth. I was rushed to the hospital three times and my mother was told by the doctor "you're not a doctor, just an over worried mother." He said it was only pneumonia.

My mother brought me finally to a different hospital. This doctor was much younger than the other but he actually cared to look at what was really going on. He looked at my mom with a concerned look and said, "your not an over worried mom your daughter is severely sick and has Steven Johnson syndrome. " My mom had no idea what this was, this disorder is extremely rare and serious. You can google this if you would like to find out more about this disorder.

Because of being misdiagnosed so many times I was in really bad shape. I was scared and had no idea what would happen, my mom was crying nonstop. I had to be hospitalized for about a month. Unfortunately, I was sent to the hospital that misdiagnosed me because they were the ones who could properly treat me. I had lost 13 pounds there and weighed 83 pounds, which was anorexic. My mouth began to peel as well, and actually sealed shut for a few days!

Thankfully it came un shut with lots of Vaseline. Most patients have to have surgery for this, I had to write on paper to my mom for a few days. My mom cried so much, I swear she made an ocean for me lol. She was there every single day!! She truly is an amazing woman I couldn't have survived without her, especially without the lord. The doctors came in and thought I was asleep, but I was very much awake.

They told my mom they needed to speak with her they told her I was most likely going to die. I can't describe to you how it feels death is coming for you. I was so very confused and scared. But there was stronger feelings in me then both of those this was my hope and my faith in god. I remember just telling myself it's going to be ok this isn't the end it can't be. I knew I loved Jesus, I didn't think he would take me away from my mother.

As you can see I'm alive, thank you god!!! I cry every time I'm reminded of my experience like right now. But I'm thankful everyday for my life, it's the most beautiful gift and you should never take it for granted. I have no idea to this day why god saved me, I'm so lucky and blessed. But I know that I shouldn't question him I have a purpose here we all do.

So remember even in your darkest of times, god is there. He is there through the good and the bad. I remember even being so young that I wasn't afraid at one point. I knew if god took me it was all going to be ok, I was loved by him. I'm very happy I get to live my life here and spread the good word of Jesus. If you believe and you pray he will take away all bad feelings, he took away all my fears.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Now that is what I call a fantastic and beautiful testimony:D I can relate with you I was faced by death several times but only once when I was Christian and because I chose to trust him whether I died or not he spared me. But wow to have faced all you did and to have faced it with faith in God.... I cant even tell you how amazing that is, that right there is the kind of faith that will shake this world and few find it. Not only that but you are grateful just to be alive in fact a a Christian song is playing on my radio right now called your here for a reason.

Oct 11, 2014
Thank you so much Blain, I'm happy you are here!!! Very ironic that song is playing at the moment. :) I'm so thankful, I can't even express it in words.