My Last Tear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So understood even with 'obvious' typo. Spillcheck!!!!!
I think we all are surprised these days about how what once was considered obvious is no longer so.
I try to follow 2 maxims:

Better to be safe than sorry.

And...

It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Early on (2017) in my 'quest' for 'truth'. I would listen to and support minimally Melissa Scott and she would oft reference Lewis. I quit Scott and wonder about Lewis having little considered Christianity, Lewis apparently was not in my viewfinder. Is he worth the read? Is his work in line with scripture? I have a better discernment now that I finally accepted Jesus as Savior and question whether something Scott seemed to be enamored with as I was listening to her because in the past her husband I thought was honest in his preaching in that he would ask people to send him money so that he could buy a race horse. Which he claimed to have purchased and then he would ask for money to make bets on his horse. I was usually quite intoxicated in those days and cannot be certain that I heard him accurately as it was not something I was terribly attentive to and it was some time ago, 1988, possibly. So, 2017, when I started my 'quest', I started listening to Scott's widow, Melissa as it all made sense to me at the time and I had about 28yrs sober.
Yes, C.S. Lewis is worth the read. He has probably influence me more than any other author and I have read a ton. Many consider him the most influential writer of his century. Mere Christianity is perhaps his most influential work, The Chronicles of Narnia his most popular. My personal favorites are The Screwtape letters and The Great Divorce but any of his books are worth the time.

P

persistent

Yes, C.S. Lewis is worth the read. He has probably influence me more than any other author and I have read a ton. Many consider him the most influential writer of his century. Mere Christianity is perhaps his most influential work, The Chronicles of Narnia his most popular. My personal favorites are The Screwtape letters and The Great Divorce but any of his books are worth the time.
Thnx

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Wow this is really good. You have hit the sights,sounds, and feelings.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Wow this is really good. You have hit the sights,sounds, and feelings.
I appreciate your kind assessment. Glad you enjoyed it. I've posted some others but you may have to go back a ways to find them.