My Life In A Nutshell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

heavenbound101

Hi, My Name is Jeff I'm 25 middle child of 3, older sister and a twin brother. I grew up in a dysfunctional family. Abusive parents (physical, mentally, emotionally) My parents divorced when I was 7yr old because my mother was schizophrenic and extremely abusive. After the diverse my dad got the kids he struggled alot to provide for all of us. He became very distant emotionally and very quick tempered and physical to me and my brother at a young age. Because of this I started acting out by fighting and stealing what ever was not locked down for attention. During this time my mother was no where to be found. When high school came around my dad began to use albutara in excess. Me and my brother join the high school football team and began taking and selling my dads pills. I began using drugs like weed and pain pills. My dad at the time began using meth I caught him using it in the garage and started using with him. I told my brother and got him using it to. My sister turned 18 and my dad gave up on being any kind of parent and began partying with me and my brother. My sophomore year my brother had a severe drug induced mental breakdown and schizophrenia and everything went down hill after that. 4yrs of an endless and black hole with no one to pull me out. I was kicked out of high school my junior year and at 18 I was invited to a Greg laure concert with my uncle I ended up accepting Christ then. But I didn't have any foundation at all. I joined job corp and no time I was running again with drugs and crime. I ended up graduated with no one cheering for me. I continued using drugs living on the street or place to place. At 21 I joined a recovery home called CityTeam I began building some what of a foundation. My brother and sister and my uncle family supported me as I went through the program. But I always told my self I will drink again I graduated and moved to AZ for work and my mentors company in no time I was back at it again for another 2yr doing the same thing homeless and using my brother was using again and ended up in jail when he got out I had him stay with me in the abandoned house next to my dads we used together and steal alot of stuff. My dad was tired of me and my brother a tried to run us of my brother left. I took a beating till my dad just walked away. 3 days later my uncles bday I was there with the family and my dad called and told us they found my brother dead in a hotel that morning. I flipped and went into a total spiral drug an drink for a few weeks I tried to kill myself and my dad I blamed him for my brother. I was done I had nothing left and decided to go back to city team for 6months in that I began building my foundation all over and my support group and reconnected with my mentor. After the program I began working and had a place to live I was for once actually paying bills. It has been 2 and a half years now I have had alot of struggles and days but my foundation and relationships are stronger than ever. I now mentor at city team to walk along with the guys in the program and volunteer as much as I can. God bless me with an amazing career doing work I can't tell you about. And a family like city team. Thank You Lord!!!!!

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Amazing brother, I am so sorry to hear about your brother, that's hard. I can relate with a few things you said, I too grew up without my mother (though not for the same reasons, mine just knew my dad could provide better), I too lived the whole "drug street life" for quite a while. I also got to a place where I felt like dying and nothing else. God saved my too brother, so I know what you're talking about. Thank you for sharing His glory with us, and may He continue to pour His peace out on you.