My marriage and family need prayer!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jer1970

Two weeks ago, my wife of ten years (whom I absolutely adore and would sacrifice anything for) has recently decided that I'm a "great guy" but "not the right guy for her". This comes after reconnecting with an old girlfriend of hers from her teen-aged years who is single and who has lost all of her children to her ex's for one reason or another. I love my wife very much, but I think the struggles in our relationship have been amplified greatly by the connection to her old friend, who apparently offers her friendship to my wife, and probably (I'm not privy to their conversations) encourages her to "do what makes her happy", rather than work on our marriage. I'm heartbroken! I can't put into words how I feel, and when I look at our children, knowing that in a few days when my wife decides to tell them that she intends to divorce me...they will be devastated! I have been in constant prayer as has my church family for the last two weeks. My wife went to Arizona (from Kansas) to visit her friend and hasn't called me even once. I'm just lost and I don't know what to do. I've concentrated on spending time with my kids, knowing that the time is coming that my time with them will be limited if she has her way. Please, if anyone out there has been through something like this...I need advice and prayer!!! Thank you all so much!!!

D

Dread_Zeppelin

I will totally pray for you. I would ask your wife if she was willing to go to marriage counseling before making such a huge desition- if not for you then for the sake of the children. She seems to have something being fulfilled by her friend that isn't when she is with you. I'm sure if you get the root of the problem it could be fixed, in Jesus' name.
I'm very sorry. Continue to love her and pray.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My heart for you and your family. I will keep all in my prayers. God bless, pickles

J

Jer1970

Dread...A few years ago, we went through some rough times, and we went to counseling then, and it seemed to make things better (or at least I thought it did) but when I brought up counseling this time (because I feel like it's never too late)...she of course said, "it's too late" and that she wasn't interested. I miss her very much and I'm just trying to take things one day at a time. I haven't seen nor heard from her in 9 days. One positive thing is that in that 9 days I've had time to breathe and pray on my own. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Jul 26, 2009
Deut. 31:6: "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

Isa. 49:25: "But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered; for i will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children."

Eph. 5:17: "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."

Haven't been there but know a lot who have. Look at it this way; If God took her away what would you do? What would Jesus do?

D

dovey

If I was on the verge of leaving what would stop me in my tracks?.....something unexpected and awsome...an incredible display of love in my own love langauge...like you had benn listening to what was lacking in the relationship on my end...Girls are a sucker for men who radically love them...Ill pray for you too! Im sure God has some insight to share with you! Godbless! May he pull your marriae off of this course and into a safe palce, in Jesus name

C

concernedguy

Two weeks ago, my wife of ten years (whom I absolutely adore and would sacrifice anything for) has recently decided that I'm a "great guy" but "not the right guy for her". This comes after reconnecting with an old girlfriend of hers from her teen-aged years who is single and who has lost all of her children to her ex's for one reason or another. I love my wife very much, but I think the struggles in our relationship have been amplified greatly by the connection to her old friend, who apparently offers her friendship to my wife, and probably (I'm not privy to their conversations) encourages her to "do what makes her happy", rather than work on our marriage. I'm heartbroken! I can't put into words how I feel, and when I look at our children, knowing that in a few days when my wife decides to tell them that she intends to divorce me...they will be devastated! I have been in constant prayer as has my church family for the last two weeks. My wife went to Arizona (from Kansas) to visit her friend and hasn't called me even once. I'm just lost and I don't know what to do. I've concentrated on spending time with my kids, knowing that the time is coming that my time with them will be limited if she has her way. Please, if anyone out there has been through something like this...I need advice and prayer!!! Thank you all so much!!!

Its a hard road but there is light at the end. It can be hard to see that light till some time passes.

It isn't a good thing that an outside friend has joined the problem. For me, that outside friend
needed a party buddy so it seemed more exciting than our marriage so the marriage lost. In my
case, it also resulted in adultery by her and she got pregnant.

I suggest talking to her about a Christian counselor. By this I mean a counselor that is a Christian and
follows God's Word. My counselor was a professed Christian but directed my wife away from our
marriage.

God would never allow divorce. If she is a Christian, she is a Child of God and I would point out
to her that whoever she has sex with, she is committing adultery if it is anyone other than you.
There are some good help groups in most areas. If you can't find a group in the yellow pages,
you might try contacting local churches to ask. Sometimes several local churches may group
together to form a help group but it is not published in the yellow pages.

The best you can do is try to get her to counseling and point out God's Laws. After that, her
decision may not be what you had hoped, but God will not allow her to make it without a high price.
And, if you are willing, just like the prodigal son, she may want to rebuild your relationship once
she sees the world always gives big promises but those promises are temporary and destroy
everything you hold dear.

D

dwt77

I've definitely been there man. You just got to keep your spirits up for your kids and focus on being a good dad for the time being. Sounds like your wife is possibly on a completely different planet in terms of how she is perceiving the marriage. It hurts bad when someone you love doesn't reciprocate but if you have expressed your feelings and suggested counseling and everything you've tried fails there is nothing you can do at that point but give it to God. Its very important that you don't let anger or emotion get the best of you in this situation. Stay cool and collected and focus on keeping your conduct completely rational and making wise decisions. It sounds to me like a custody battle may ensue if your wife is this determined to leave and you don't want to give her any ammo to use against you if that occurs. I will pray that you marriage works out , but at this point I'd already be focusing more on doing my best to ensure that I don't do anything at all to jeopardize my time with my kids. If she is the one leaving you its already looking worse for her than you at this point. It stinks that marriages end up being reduced to court battles, but when and if it happens its best to be one up on the game and prepare yourself. WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING of interest. Her leaving for a week to relive her teenage years with her old friend while you stay at home with the kids is a great place to start!

God Bless you bro.

Q

Quen

you are in my prayers, and i pray things turn out for the best.