My Testimony-Didymous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
So, I grew up learning to be violent to survive, but I hated the life of fighting and hurting that most of us came to accept as normal. I became more and more miserable, my heart more and more in pain. I turned to alcohol, drugs, and sex to try to feel anything better, and I found pleasure for a season, but that life-killing misery grew ever stronger-until finally, I reached up to the sky, to a God I didn't understand and wasn't even sure existed. He made himself real that day in a mighty way, and I came to understand that the soft and tender heart He'd put in me from the beginning was good-even though everyone around me thought it was weakness. I was sorely tested almost immediately, when three young men known for carrying knives, came up to me on my niece's porch. "God," I whispered, "They mean me great harm, and I could hurt them, but I know You don't want that-so You're going to have to fight for me.". They came up and threatened me, but soon left, confused looks on their faces. God showed me then that I didn't need to fight any more, that He would fight for me in a way I didn't even understand. After He took care of physical battles, I came under what I now knew was spiritual attack, and it terrified me, because I could sense it, but I disnt know what it was. In His infinite tender mercy, He allowed me to leave my people, but also told me I would return to minister to them some time in the future. I believe He knew that I needed a safe environment and loving, godly people to help me learn His Word, so I would be able to overcome the strong holds that the things I used to do had made in my flesh. I spent long hours enjoying His Word, and praying more and more, learning to understand the soft and gentle heart He'd put in me from the day I was born. One night, He turned the light on in my room, early in the morning. I was weeping with the urgency He'd given me to pray for a young woman I barely knew, so I did on my face on the floor, for hours, until the tears stopped, and a sense of being at the feet of some being so holy that I dared not look at Him. "I'm not worthy," I whispered, and suddenly I was back in my room, and the light was off again. I never understood what happened that night, but months later, when I was sharing this with that young woman, I found out. She looked at me in amazement, and said,"I remember that time, I was going to kill myself that morning!". I still don't understand what happened, and maybe I never will, but I know that when God wants me to pray for someone, I do! The one time I didn't, the man-who was lost-died, and I've never forgotten that I should always be obedient to that urgency to pray for someone. The more I learn, the less I understand-when compared to the fullness of all that God is and does, but I am comforted and confident that God knows all, and He'll give me what I need to know. All praises to God our Father, in the precious name of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014

hi Didymous

Have read your witness and am trying to soak it in ! and am seriously glad to have u here at CC !

God bless u bro !

A

AuntieAnt

Wow! What an awesome testimony, brother Didymous. All glory to God!!

It's wonderful to know what a precious relationship you share with God our Father. \:eek:/

Last edited by a moderator:

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Thanks auntie, and long trekker, all glory to God for loving the man I was enough to save me and make me the man I am becoming!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
My testimony about healing. I grew up seeing so much violence, so much evil. Beatings, rape, even murder-prior the time I was a child. All the horrific was so normal, so common that my heart could witness anything. My heart was numb to the most terrible tragedies, and I grew to sense that death was nearer each day. What was worst was knowing I didn't care, had no hope, and welcomed death-for it meant I didn't have to see the people all around me hurt, and hurting. I didn't have to see the killing, stealing, and destruction. I was only sad because I was sick unto death, and I knew it ought not to be so. I didn't know it then, but God had touched the hearts of a small group in a tiny church in Oregon, and they started praying for me. I heard this song on the radio one morning, a Christian song, and I felt pain inmy heart, and so much sorrow, so I turned it off. Someone turned on the t. v., To a music channel, and that song was on there, so I turned it off. Then I heard the neighbor's radio-which always played rap, and that song was on there! I felt like I was going crazy, and when I talked to my youngest daughter that night, her mother told me that the church she went to had been praying and fasting for me, all of them, for days and days."Tell them to stop,it hurts my heart," I yelled. She never answered, and they never stopped. Eventually, when I cried out to God, I received the hreatest and most profound healing there is, and I knew a peace that passes all understanding. I knew salvation.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Deep testimony Thomas. Thanks for sharing :)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Thank you, my friend. I've been debating with some about healing, and I realized that the real healing Jesus have me was of my heart, when I was saved, and the peace my heart got from salvation. No healing is greater than that. I have seen physical healings, and think that such are great, but realized that salvation is the ultimate healing, and the one we must all seek for the lost.

Feb 28, 2016
that's quite a story to share, Did,

for us, hub and myself, our on-going healing comes for our Love for our Saviour,
who suffered and died so that we who belong to Him can live with Him, for Eternity,
in His world...

Aug 11, 2015
God bless you... keep going in faith.. we will pray for you..

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
God bless you... keep going in faith.. we will pray for you..
Thank you Gospel man! I already pray for(not by name, since I don't know your names)you and yours.