My testimony of trusting God when he took something away; a test of trust

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

missy2014

It still hurts today as I type this because when finding out this week it shattered and broke my heart now you may think this is one of those stories of a typical girl running around dating boys shouting to the heavens to people and God ' oh but this time he's the one the right one' rather I have never dated and I only waited for the Holy Spirit to reveal to me who I was to marry but frankly the one he revealed to me years ago and have been praying for was unfaithful to God he is no longer a Christian I found out this week even to the point where his band he wasn't famous had band pictures that were grotesque and demonic.So bear in mind I'm still grieving my feelings are a bit raw am going to not accept this or blame God? No. God wrote these words prosperity false teachers don't believe these next words of scripture they teach otherwise and led the church the true church of God true family of Jesus astray : the lord giveth and he taketh away. Did it ever occur to you young men and women while running around hurting your loving Father and dating all these guys and girls losing a part of yourself each time and creating ungodly soul ties that there was a young woman (me) who never dated and waited upon the Lord who is faithful and took away the man I thought I would have hope and a future with that would have been the husband to my kids. No he was not faithful not my Father God but this young man he turned away from God sadly tragically but I praise God my heavenly Father who one day will marry me to the right man he has protected me and while this has been many years long process my trust is not in a man but I have made God my trust. He took away a blessing in my life so I would work out my salvation and he would protect me in the end. Praise the name of the Lord . Let this encourage you.

Last edited:

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Good luck sister. I'm sorry that it was a tough lesson this time, but I find your faith towards it inspiring. You are right on and it may be a good thing it happened now instead of 5 years from now after being married and maybe a child involved. I know that doesn't help the pain now, but you are relying on the only thing that can bring you peace, that of course being God our Father. I will pray God keep His comforting arms around you. Keep on focusing on Him like you are and you can't go wrong, heck God may have been making way for the one meant for you. 8^)

M

missy2014

Thanks for liking I just want to point people to trust in God.

M

missy2014

Good luck sister. I'm sorry that it was a tough lesson this time, but I find your faith towards it inspiring. You are right on and it may be a good thing it happened now instead of 5 years from now after being married and maybe a child involved. I know that doesn't help the pain now, but you are relying on the only thing that can bring you peace, that of course being God our Father. I will pray God keep His comforting arms around you. Keep on focusing on Him like you are and you can't go wrong, heck God may have been making way for the one meant for you. 8^)
Thanks so much Jim that means a lot I am in pain but I feel your prayers he is comforting me ty for praying :)

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Yea I can relate in a way. I was blessed very early in life with His match for me so I realize what it is to have a good partner to face life with, but there came a time in my life when even all of these blessings I was given weren't enough. I had to be crushed totally before I could give it to Him like your words suggest that you are now. I can't explain how grateful I am to have been crushed and brought so low, just so He could pick me up and show me truth. Now I know He is the only answer to any question or test in life. I even pray for the guy that went astray, God still loves him as well, but we are just so weak to temptations in this world. I can only judge that from my own weakness in the past, so that wasn't just me being judgmental, it was me recognizing my own personal shortcomings in others.

Sep 30, 2014
I agree, Jim is right and you as well, keep your faith and trust in Him, listen to your heart and let the Spirit guide you to who's right for you. A guy won't just fall in to your presence though, you have to be willing to talk and converse, go out to parks, church, book stores, coffee shops :) online, wherever or other decent places and find someone that agrees with the Spirit, go out with a friend, I'm sure God has someone picked out perfectly for you and you'll find him, I'll pray for you as well sis. God bless

M

missy2014

Yea I can relate in a way. I was blessed very early in life with His match for me so I realize what it is to have a good partner to face life with, but there came a time in my life when even all of these blessings I was given weren't enough. I had to be crushed totally before I could give it to Him like your words suggest that you are now. I can't explain how grateful I am to have been crushed and brought so low, just so He could pick me up and show me truth. Now I know He is the only answer to any question or test in life. I even pray for the guy that went astray, God still loves him as well, but we are just so weak to temptations in this world. I can only judge that from my own weakness in the past, so that wasn't just me being judgmental, it was me recognizing my own personal shortcomings in others.
Actually I just realised the part where you said I had to be totally crushed before I could give it to him because I struggled with that relationship someone from my church shared a prophetic word with me in the past saying :" When you give him over to God you will find your Boaz (Boaz like Ruth's husband)" So in humility I see this as God speaking through you to me and ty for sharing your painful experiences aside from my story your testimony is just as valuable as mine cool to hear someone whose been through something similiar and come out on the only end . Praise God so finally God has got through to me and I see sometimes we dont see what he's doing straight away I dont have all the answers but He'll comfort me.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Actually I just realised the part where you said I had to be totally crushed before I could give it to him because I struggled with that relationship someone from my church shared a prophetic word with me in the past saying :" When you give him over to God you will find your Boaz (Boaz like Ruth's husband)" So in humility I see this as God speaking through you to me and ty for sharing your painful experiences aside from my story your testimony is just as valuable as mine cool to hear someone whose been through something similiar and come out on the only end . Praise God so finally God has got through to me and I see sometimes we dont see what he's doing straight away I dont have all the answers but He'll comfort me.
Well I am a little red right now, but all glory to Him. Thank you for the kind words sister and I still pray He fills you with the peace and understanding that only He can. Man (or technically woman), we serve such an AWESOME God!!!