My Testimony

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Pineapple

I couldn't really think of a catchy title, so I just put that one down.

I've been thinking of typing out my testimony for a few days now, but never really got round to it. I guess I was just upset that most of it is pretty negative. But hopefully this will help at least one person, if any, that would be fantastic.

Well let's see. I was raised in a Muslim home, and was more or less forced to believe that Islam was the only religion that would lead to the truth. As I grew up, I would realise that this was just a lie.

I never really had that great of a childhood. I grew up in a bit of a cold home where I didn't really feel like I belonged. It was very much broken. I grew up watching my Dad destroying my mother physically and emotionally. On top of that, I was basically forced to lie for my Mum from an early age. She'd been seeing someone else and when my father found out he basically hit the roof. I've always had to cover for her and still have to. She taught me that being honest was wrong, and it was basically our duty to cover her and lie for her. She still preaches this nonsense today. This kind of upbringing basically destroyed the good in me from an early age. Despite this, I still love my family and pray every day that Jesus can reach them through me, and that through me they can be shown the truth.

My family are pretty moderate Muslims compared to some, but nevertheless, they forced Islam into me, saying that I could only go to heaven through good works and that from the age of seven, I was accountable for all the sins that i'd done. I was taught that heaven is full of material wealth, and through heaven, you could have all the material objects you desire in life. There was a problem though. I didn't want materials. I just wanted a family who cared. I wanted to know a God who I could approach, who I could build a relationship with, instead of fearing.

As I grew up, I started hanging around in bad crowds. I took up all sorts of bad habits and really fell in line with satan. I always just ended up justifying myself by saying that I would turn my life around someday. The thing was though, I was already becoming a person that I despised. I turned my back on God, and even though he loved me, I wouldn't show him any compassion back. I started using drugs, I started drinking a lot. I began to grow increasingly arrogant and elitist. I completely fell out of line with God, and associated with people who were nothing like myself.

Slowly though, I started to put my life back together, I stopped using drugs. I became more aware that I could die any day now, and that I wouldn't be ready to face up to him. What would I say to God when I died? That I made a lot of money? Surely I was going to hell....

I decided that there had to be more to life than this, and I started to search for it. I began to travel around, looking for answers, but I would always come up blank.

One day, after travelling in the US. I decided to get a penpal. I then started studying at university and in December 2006, I travelled to New York and ended up meeting her. She was at a confusing point in her life as I was. She was having problems, but she told me that God was helping her through it. Eventually, that Easter, I travelled to her hometown and met her parents and family and so on, who invited me to their church. I decided to go as I thought I may aswell see what her faith is all about. As soon as I went I began to try and poke holes in it. I said things like "Surely God doesn't want people standing up, these people are arrogant!" and "How would you know you're going to heaven? How do you know you're saved? You haven't died yet!". But the more holes I tried to poke, the more answers I got back. That November I had decided that I had enough of Islam. I just couldn't believe it anymore. I didn't know what to believe. The things that I had read in the quran were so extreme, and I just couldn't defend them anymore. It encouraged things that I just couldn't condone.I completely renounced my faith.

Over the next year or so, I decided to find out more about Christianity. I knew there was a God out there, but I just didn't know where to turn. I eventually began to read the New Testament, and it just amazed me. It amazed me how compassionate Jesus was, his teachings really touched my heart. He encouraged to love your enemies, and forgive those who have wronged you. Everything was so righteous about him, yet, all he wanted was a mustard seeds worth of faith in him in return.

I knew by now that this was surely the truth. His teachings fell in line with my morals. They taught to love instead of hate. I was slowly discovering that I could make a change, I could be a better person. I could do the right thing.

Eventually, my relationship with my then fiance had fallen apart. We parted ways but I still had Jesus with me. Even after all the wrong I had done in the world, even though I caused a lot of people pain and suffering, Jesus was still there to love me through this and wash all my sins away.

My life still isn't perfect at the moment. In fact, I still struggle with morality even though I am a Christian today. I've learnt that it only gets harder, and we're in a constant spiritual struggle. But even through all of this, i'm still eternally grateful to Jesus for saving my life. For coming to me even when I didn't want to know him. For valuing me as an individual even though there are billions of other people living in this world. Today i'm standing here not as a perfect person, but as someone who strives to do my best, and put my life in Jesus hands.

E

EmersonWolfe

That is such an awesome encouragement! God bless you for sharing that...

D

Dax

Thank you for your testimony, brother.May the good Lord bless, keep you and grant all the desires of your heart. Yeah man.Did you know according to Genesis:1-27 that to every man there is a woman?. Yes there is.Just be patience with God and yourself. All things work together for good to those that love God and are call by His purpose.God has a purpose for your life, you are challenge to believe that, don't take the devil lies.God brought you thus far and He is more than able to take you through.Believe that Bro. Until John, the kingdom of God is preached and every man press into it. Keep pressing my brother.God bless.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks for shareing your story! It was wonderful to read more about you and how you have gotten to where you are today.

G

grimgower

Pineapple!!!!! I'm so so so so so so so blessed you chose to share some of your amazing story with us (with me!)! Thank you! I am sooo blessed by it! Your story is one of Christ's hope and Love in your life! It was amazing! Beautiful!

M

missy2shoes

I love reading all these testimonies......God is so good :)

A

ariannaaa

this was great to read. thank you for sharing it! what a great example you are to others who belong to families who reject christianity. i honestly cant say that i would have had the strength that you had to turn away from my parents beliefs for what i thought was true, had my parents not been christians. it was very encouraging to know that God gave you the strength that He did :) Thank you.

F

face2015

dear brother
thank you very much for your response in my testimony, with i came to read your testimony, thank God for this. i am happy to read this. Lord has blessed you to know the spiritual knowledge along with salvation. that is explored in your reply to me. Yes our Lord is very great to do great things in inner feelings, in these days many christinns are thinking on many ways, and in out ward appearence only. i found some of spiritual insight in your reply and also in your testimony. God bless you brother, i want to talk with you if possible, i will pray for you..
glory to God

P

Pineapple

As i've been clearing my room out to move away today, i've come across a number of things from a "past life" so to speak which has reminded me of something that I didn't quite put in my testimony yet feel is important....

I'll start off by saying that i've done a huge number of things in life, which I regret and wish i'd never done. But the worst thing i've done is harmed the people closest to me and stung them not once, but twice and so on and so on. I've taken a person, who wasn't perfect, but had a firm belief in God, who shared that with me and showed me the things in my life that I cherish today the most, namely God. In return I gave back selfishness and distrust. I took a person who had a great relationship with God, and I gave them every reason to hate the world and the people around them. That, I think, has been my biggest failure to date in life. But what can I do? I can only give it to God. I've done my damage and all I can do now is repent and try not to make the same mistakes as I did before.

Really, the message I want to get across is this:

1) God
2) Others
3) Yourself

That should be the order of priorities in my opinion. If you take it any other way just be prepared to live with the consequences, and have other people live with them too.

J0Y

Mar 7, 2009
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PINEAPPLE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Awesome! Just awesome!
You said it was negative, but I dont see negativity here, what I see is a broken and contrite heart who realises his shortcomings and mistakes from his past yet repents and turns to the love of an Almighty God who showed his love to you through Jesus!! That is not negative at all! Your testimony is the most powerful thing you can share and I feel blessed for your sharing!
Take heart my little brother, he will use you more and more in years to come as you continue to keep your eyes fixed on him, the old will be stripped away. We can all look back on our pasts with regret, but, as it says in the bible, he casts our sins as far as the east is from the west!! He doesnt remember them anymore! I just know that the Lord has amazing plans for you, and he will touch many lives through your funny, warm and open self!! I cant wait to hear what exciting things he will do in/through you.
God bless you my brother for sharing!!! ;-)

T

taylor_11

Amazin testimony !!! =) God Bless you Pineapple !

D

DieuMerci

That's great Fahad. Psalms 55:22- Cast all you cares upon the LORD, for he will sustain you, he will never let the righteous fall. You've made the step of recieving his grace through your faith, and God has accounted it to you for rigteousness. So know that he will never let you fall. Everything else, all things besides, will be provided for you because he cares for you. You've been called according to his purpose, and you love him now, so know that all things are worked together for the good of you. To him who works not, but trusts in the God who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted to him for righteousness...Don't stress, as Daniel(Matrix) says, you're too blessed to be stressed. Fretting only leads to sin. Ask and you will recieve Fahad, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened. The doors Jesus opens, no one can close. Make your petitions and requests of God, have that mustard seed of faith, and he will manifest his love for you. If you don't get what you've asked for right away, keep asking, and because of your persistence and his reputation God will grant your request. I love you Fahad, and if there is anything you need that I can provide, it will be done. Don't think we're limited to the confines of this website. Godspeed, Fahad.

Feb 27, 2007
As i've been clearing my room out to move away today, i've come across a number of things from a "past life" so to speak which has reminded me of something that I didn't quite put in my testimony yet feel is important....

I'll start off by saying that i've done a huge number of things in life, which I regret and wish i'd never done. But the worst thing i've done is harmed the people closest to me and stung them not once, but twice and so on and so on. I've taken a person, who wasn't perfect, but had a firm belief in God, who shared that with me and showed me the things in my life that I cherish today the most, namely God. In return I gave back selfishness and distrust. I took a person who had a great relationship with God, and I gave them every reason to hate the world and the people around them. That, I think, has been my biggest failure to date in life. But what can I do? I can only give it to God. I've done my damage and all I can do now is repent and try not to make the same mistakes as I did before.

Really, the message I want to get across is this:

1) God
2) Others
3) Yourself

That should be the order of priorities in my opinion. If you take it any other way just be prepared to live with the consequences, and have other people live with them too.
You are washed white as snow by the blood of the Lamb!!! please try to look at yourself through God's eyes and no longer persecute yourself for your past, for your past is washed away. what you may want to do, humbling as it may be... is make restitution or apology to those you've hurt. They can take it or leave it. I returned some items I'd stolen from a room mate 10 years after the event. I was ashamed and embarassed but told her I was so sorry cause I knew how much they meant to her and still I took them (she didnt know I had them) she was happy to have them back & didnt give me a hard time at all. One of the things was a silly snoopy cup her grandma gave her... why would i take that??? I dont know I could never even bring myself to drink out of it. Anyway in spite of how hard it was to do, it was the right thing to do... In fact I think i owed her 6 snoopy cups lol! Satan loves it when we remain in self persecution for past sins & there will always be a whisper of reminder of the terrible things we've done & in that "get behind me satan I'm washed white as snow by Jesus!"