My Ways

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
In that you feel a sinful person, congratulations, you are like the Publican that said he was a sinful person to God, that Jesus said went home justified. I need always to remember i am a sinful person saved by His grace and mercy.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Your relationship to God is foundational. Out of loving Him springs love of others and loving and doing for them.

For me something new every day…i have no idea what is next to please Him

N

notonmywatch

I just gotta say some of my siblings and I watched the movie you recommended, it was so good. We've seen a bunch of the Christiano films and I like most of them. Thanks for the suggestion.
You're welcome. I'm happy that you liked the movie, and even happier that you seem to have a close knit and loving family. Being around loved ones is important, and especially when facing trials. Not to compare, but I've had to face most of my trials alone. Kind of like David when Saul was seeking to kill him. It's interesting to note that several of David's psalms were written during that time of great distress. They often bring comfort to my soul.

N

notonmywatch

Thank you for your prayers.
You're welcome.

Something interesting happened to me last night after we had finished conversing. I did pray for you, but I couldn't help but notice that I was actually excited to pray for you. As I was pondering that in my mind, I felt the Lord heavily impress this upon me:

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 2:18
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

And this:

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Christ, our high priest who forever lives to make intercession for us, does it mercifully and faithfully because he is touched with the feelings of our infirmities or because he was in all points tempted as we are during his incarnation. I guess that we would call that "empathy" today. I felt that the Lord wanted to show me two things through these verses:

1. That when we can empathize with what others are going through, then faithful and merciful intercession is the outcome. In this particular case, I understand your pain, having experienced it so many times myself, and that creates a desire within my to intercede on your behalf.

2. This second one, I believe, God was showing me that I still need help with. In other words, I felt as if God was showing me that I still don't realize how much Christ empathizes with my own trials and temptations. Kind of like you questioning if God loves you when you were going through your own ordeals.

Anyway, you've got at least two people praying for you, with Christ being one of the two. Like he prayed for Peter in the past, I believe that he won't allow your faith to fail. You're not alone in your struggle. I hope that you can find some encouragement in that.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Keep as much as possible the thought of Him present with you. In other words before His eyes. As much as possible worship in your heart. I listen to streaming worship hymns a great deal of the time because He is deserving of it.

H

HopeinHim4ever

You're welcome.

Something interesting happened to me last night after we had finished conversing. I did pray for you, but I couldn't help but notice that I was actually excited to pray for you. As I was pondering that in my mind, I felt the Lord heavily impress this upon me:

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 2:18
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

And this:

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Christ, our high priest who forever lives to make intercession for us, does it mercifully and faithfully because he is touched with the feelings of our infirmities or because he was in all points tempted as we are during his incarnation. I guess that we would call that "empathy" today. I felt that the Lord wanted to show me two things through these verses:

1. That when we can empathize with what others are going through, then faithful and merciful intercession is the outcome. In this particular case, I understand your pain, having experienced it so many times myself, and that creates a desire within my to intercede on your behalf.

2. This second one, I believe, God was showing me that I still need help with. In other words, I felt as if God was showing me that I still don't realize how much Christ empathizes with my own trials and temptations. Kind of like you questioning if God loves you when you were going through your own ordeals.

Anyway, you've got at least two people praying for you, with Christ being one of the two. Like he prayed for Peter in the past, I believe that he won't allow your faith to fail. You're not alone in your struggle. I hope that you can find some encouragement in that.
That is so touching, and encouraging. I so much appreciate your prayers.
I'm so sorry you've had to face most of your trials alone, I can hardly imagine that. I don't know what I would have done without caring friends and family, their prayers and listening ears.
Another passage that comes to mind herewith what you said is 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. It's amazing how much of an encouragement you've been to me already, a faceless, nameless person on the internet!

H

HopeinHim4ever

We can get caught up with people and things and become very attached to them.

The first commandment is to love God above all with heart soul and mind. If we have our hearts attached to Him we will have His peace and stability. Our life focus being stayed on Him, nothing else comes close to the importance of loving Him and His love for you. Your mother was right to tell you to look beyond the transitory. However even in the transitory He can be everything and He will love you. Nothing else is as wonderful.
Amen. I want that to be be my testimony,

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I dont feel like a hypocrite because i have been forgiven of my sins, the ones I am conscious of. I asked Him forgiveness. I had one besetting sin that was painful to give up, but He was there through the pain, and i discovered i loved Him far more than the sin. I look forward to the temptation because I know He will deliver me and His presence is pleasure and delight.

When i compare myself to His blinding righteousness, i feel i am almost in Mary Magdalens skin, grateful to be forgiven, and loving Him. I know i am very far from the righteousness He is.

I hope He reveals the sins i am not conscious of so i can ask to be forgiven of those sins to.. He is much less interested in those hidden sins and far more interested in loving me greatly and telling me i am precious to Him. I feel very loved by Him.

My relationship started lots if years ago when i realized (after asking) was their anything true about what was said at my church. I then found studying the scriptures intensively for a few years, finally understanding what it meant. Then i realized in worshiping God that He was present when I worshipped Him. In recent years He told me He loved me and I loved Him (while worshipping). After that i realized hiw greatly He loved me. That i love Him is His holy spirit in me and my response to His love to me.

If you draw close to Him, He will draw close to you. For me all of what i said took almost 75 years. Be patient. Continuous in studying about Him, speaking to Him, and worshipping Him because He deserves it, not for experiencing Him (although it often happens). He will take care of surprising you when you don’t expect it, enveloping you with His embrace.
Now I do a much better job at being grateful for the forgiven sins that I am filled with thankfulness for and awe of the love God has for us that are so undeserving.

I honestly have to cling to Him because of being so undeserving of His gift and my doubting heart my constant prayer is Lord help me hold onto you.

I do look forward to when satan is done away with and there will be no tempter whispering in my ear to do this or that when I know it is not the right thing to do. What peace we will have not having satan to torment us.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Keep as much as possible the thought of Him present with you. In other words before His eyes. As much as possible worship in your heart. I listen to streaming worship hymns a great deal of the time because He is deserving of it.
When my daughter moved out of the house I just had a cat to keep me company and then the cat got sick and I had to put him down. I came home and it was so quiet and I felt alone so alone but God reminded me that He is always with me and I actually stopped feeling lonely from then on. To realize that I am not alone that He is with me was amazing.

When I contemplate God I am very much in awe of Him so not sure if that is love or not but it is very much a deep respect for Him and thankfulness of what He has done for me.

N

notonmywatch

That is so touching, and encouraging. I so much appreciate your prayers.
I'm so sorry you've had to face most of your trials alone, I can hardly imagine that. I don't know what I would have done without caring friends and family, their prayers and listening ears.
Another passage that comes to mind herewith what you said is 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. It's amazing how much of an encouragement you've been to me already, a faceless, nameless person on the internet!
It was, and, in a very real sense, still is a very long, difficult, and trying time. However, in retrospect, I definitely see the Lord's hand in it. Probably the best thing that I could compare it to in scripture would be this:

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Unlike the wilderness journey of the Israelites, mine was just me and the LORD, but it was definitely a very prolonged period of time in which the LORD humbled me, proved me, and showed me what was in my heart in order to see if I would keep his commandments or not. My only real "food" during that whole ordeal was "manna" in that it signifies the true bread which came down from heaven or Jesus Christ. I now know, of a certainty, that I can only live by every word which proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD, so I'm better off for having endured what I did, even if I barely made it through by the skin of my teeth.

Yes, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 is a very relevant portion of scripture, and one that I've meditated upon often. I'm happy to see that you know the word because it's something that we all need to sustain us, and not only in times of trial.

I'm also happy that you're encouraged, but, like you said yourself the other day, it's really God working through us when we're used in a good manner. I also hope you know that the encouragement isn't anywhere near being simply one-sided. In other words, the things that you've shared on this forum have been a great source of encouragement and comfort for me for many different reasons.

N

notonmywatch

I'm also happy that you're encouraged, but, like you said yourself the other day, it's really God working through us when we're used in a good manner.
I'm sorry. I try to watch over my words very carefully, and I didn't really like the way that this sounded after I posted it. I wasn't suggesting that I don't care about your well-being also myself because I do. Instead, I was just seeking to give the glory to God for fashioning that type of a heart within me. I hope that makes sense.

H

HopeinHim4ever

It was, and, in a very real sense, still is a very long, difficult, and trying time. However, in retrospect, I definitely see the Lord's hand in it. Probably the best thing that I could compare it to in scripture would be this:

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Unlike the wilderness journey of the Israelites, mine was just me and the LORD, but it was definitely a very prolonged period of time in which the LORD humbled me, proved me, and showed me what was in my heart in order to see if I would keep his commandments or not. My only real "food" during that whole ordeal was "manna" in that it signifies the true bread which came down from heaven or Jesus Christ. I now know, of a certainty, that I can only live by every word which proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD, so I'm better off for having endured what I did, even if I barely made it through by the skin of my teeth.

Yes, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 is a very relevant portion of scripture, and one that I've meditated upon often. I'm happy to see that you know the word because it's something that we all need to sustain us, and not only in times of trial.

I'm also happy that you're encouraged, but, like you said yourself the other day, it's really God working through us when we're used in a good manner. I also hope you know that the encouragement isn't anywhere near being simply one-sided. In other words, the things that you've shared on this forum have been a great source of encouragement and comfort for me for many different reasons.
Amen brother. Now you and I and anyone else who has the testimony of God bringing them through trying times can be there for our fellow believers. I believe that's how the body of Christ was intended to work.
Another verse that spoke to me relating to the trial I shared, is Job 23:10, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Hard times for the Christian are definitely not for nothing.
God's word has truly been a light for my path when I was confused and didn't know which way to go. So many times I've felt that He spoke directly to me when I prayed and read His word. When I didn't have peace with moving forward in that relationship, I knew I could not just go by feelings. But seeking God, praying and fasting, and Him speaking to me through His word is what finally made up my mind. I hope anyone who reads this and is struggling with doubts about a big decision will be encouraged to seek God earnestly.

H

HopeinHim4ever

I'm sorry. I try to watch over my words very carefully, and I didn't really like the way that this sounded after I posted it. I wasn't suggesting that I don't care about your well-being also myself because I do. Instead, I was just seeking to give the glory to God for fashioning that type of a heart within me. I hope that makes sense.
I understand. :)

H

HopeinHim4ever

When my daughter moved out of the house I just had a cat to keep me company and then the cat got sick and I had to put him down. I came home and it was so quiet and I felt alone so alone but God reminded me that He is always with me and I actually stopped feeling lonely from then on. To realize that I am not alone that He is with me was amazing.

When I contemplate God I am very much in awe of Him so not sure if that is love or not but it is very much a deep respect for Him and thankfulness of what He has done for me.
That is wonderful:) it's amazing to think that the Creator of the world cares so much about us.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
He loves us with infinite love. In our language is crazy about us. He pursues us as our lover, so tenderly loving us.

N

notonmywatch

He loves us with infinite love. In our language is crazy about us. He pursues us as our lover, so tenderly loving us.
I saw your post about paid subscriptions, but it is closed to further comments. How do I become a paid subscriber here? Do you have a link for that? Thank you.

N

notonmywatch

I saw your post about paid subscriptions, but it is closed to further comments. How do I become a paid subscriber here? Do you have a link for that? Thank you.
I figured it out. Thanks.