mydestinationisknown

• Thread starter mydestinationisknown
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mydestinationisknown

Hi everyone. I am on this site to make a good, close friend. I don't seem to be very good at it in person so decided to try this way. I love God. Biggest struggle is having courage to stand up for Him when I'm around my adopted daughter and son-in-law. I thought I had gotten over this but my recent visit with them in Germany proved this not to be so true. So frustrated with myself right now. My self-esteem must always come from God.

B

bluebirdchaser

Hey, you're welcome here. I know how you feel about standing up for God. That's so difficult. I'm praying for you in this. I hope you feel like this is a safe place for you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone. I am on this site to make a good, close friend. I don't seem to be very good at it in person so decided to try this way. I love God. Biggest struggle is having courage to stand up for Him when I'm around my adopted daughter and son-in-law. I thought I had gotten over this but my recent visit with them in Germany proved this not to be so true. So frustrated with myself right now. My self-esteem must always come from God.
mydestination, hello and welcome. You will make alot of good new friends here. :) I agree with bluebirdchaser--it is hard to stand up for your faith especially when others mock or criticize it. Just pray for your daughter and son in law to have their hearts opened so they may see God as you see him. :)

C

Chezz

Welcome to the site! :)

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
Hello and welcome my sister in Christ, delighted to have you here. I understand were your coming from, sometimes I have the same problems when I am trying to talk to my friends about God. That is why we need to lean on God's strength and not our own. God Bless.

M

mydestinationisknown

Thank you for your support. Took so long to get back to you because I couldn't locate this website again till today. Nice to know someone cares!

M

mydestinationisknown

Exactly. Now I just need to remember to keep my focus on God and base my self-esteem on His opinions only. He is truly my only reason for living.

M

mydestinationisknown

That's exactly what I need to do. I'm too concerned that she and I have a decent relationship so when I'm around her I care more about her opinion. Mother/daughter relationships are hard and this one is extremely difficult for me . She's adopted and I've always tried to do my very best for her but it never seems to be good enough for her. UUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!! It's so wrong though. My value needs to come from God; not my daughter. I feel so guilty. God has done everything for me. How can I deny Him? Thank you for listening and caring!!!

Feb 21, 2014
Hi there; hope it works out for you guys in the Godly fear of the Lord.

You said Germany; so were you or they in the military, maybe?