MYSTERY OF DREAMS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JB2018

Is that like Christian Ouija boards and Christian tarot cards? The concept of mass, easy dream interpretation sounds more like the guys Jesus ran out of the temple than anything biblical.

We do not dream just to dream, God communicates through "some" people through dreams.
So how does that work? If a person dreams and God doesn't communicate to them through dreams then isn't that "dreaming just to dream"?
Not, not really. There are ministries that offer dream interpretations and or dream dictionaries online. It's nothing demonic about it unless you are someone who have the gift of discernment and can see that it's false. As long as there are dreamers, there will always be someone who can interpret it. Or, the person who dreams can interpret themselves. And, I should've made it clear but those who are frequent dreamers do not dream just to dream. They are dreamers for a reason. Some dreamers have multiple dreams throughout the week. God will often speak to them concerning themselves or someone else...

J

JB2018

Well it depends on the "individual" and "wanting answers" for dreams as you mentioned a person could end up with an "incorrect interpretation" and your site suggestion is "no exception" even here on Christian Chat we can give "possible answers" for a dream but when people start being "certain" on discerning dreams then "problems" typically occur due to "pride" that's why one should seek God "first" for "answers" because a bit of "speculation" is alright but direct self certain answers can be "hurtful" to someone or even "confounding".

Right!, I agree :)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Not, not really. There are ministries that offer dream interpretations and or dream dictionaries online. It's nothing demonic about it unless you are someone who have the gift of discernment and can see that it's false. As long as there are dreamers, there will always be someone who can interpret it. Or, the person who dreams can interpret themselves. And, I should've made it clear but those who are frequent dreamers do not dream just to dream. They are dreamers for a reason. Some dreamers have multiple dreams throughout the week. God will often speak to them concerning themselves or someone else...
My sister is a dreamer, and all of the dreams she has had have come to pass.

I have been used by God to interpret dreams on some occasions - at times when people come to me and share their dreams, I don’t go around looking for people who have had dreams because I believe if Gods placed that person in your path for a reason, then it’s his doing.

It’s something that I didn’t ask for but what I discovered was that we have to fully rely on God for discernment in this. I cannot do it on my own understanding because I fear God and the last thing I want is giving an interpretation based on my knowledge. I always ask for the Holy Spirit to guide me and give me the right words to pass onto the person dreaming. On one occasion, when the person that dreamt the dream explained to me what happened, the interpretation came instantly as they were explaining.

My advise to the people that I’ve been used to give the interpretation to would always be to seek confirmation from God through His Word and prayer.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That is pretty much my understanding, we need to go back to the Creator who is the author of the dream for the interpretation.

D

Depleted

We do not dream just to dream. God communicates to some people through their dreams. The context of dreams are important to understand what God is saying. Everything you see in the dream is important. Also, there are a ton of websites that help you understand the meaning of what you see in your dreams. It should be worded like " if you see fire, flying, robbers, etc." all of these significant meaning. But be careful to not click on every website about dreams....Only click dream interpretations made by Christians. It's also important to understand that the devil can bring you dreams as well. If you are a dreamer, then he will send demonic dreams to make you afraid.
I think you're putting too much trust in dream websites and the meaning of dreams.

D

Depleted

Yes often times a dream can be "trivial" or "pointless" like if you drank alot of water at bed time your mind might be trying to "wake you up" by way of suggestion,or if you watch multiple shows on Tv they might repeat in random order adding up to "nothing".
AND an unusually high repertoire of images of disgusting toilets rattling in my brain.

(I do find toilets in my dreams, but they're often so bad it's a matter of how badly do I have to go really?)

D

Depleted

Let me be clear. There are dream interpretations on the web that are made by Christians for Christians. I know of a few ministries that have created websites to help dreamers. God has given these people the ability to interpret dreams. As well as the ability to understand symbols, colors, etc. These people will then create dream dictionaries online which are helpful for Christians. I'm not saying for @deer92 to depend on these dictionaries, but they are helpful.
Let me be clear. Most people who say they are Christians, aren't. And anyone wasting time making a dream dictionary more than likely isn't. Check out true motives.

D

Depleted

The only people who do not dream end up in psych wards. Dreams are a way of dealing with every day life at a subconscious level. They have purpose. Even bathroom dreams have purpose. But mostly the interpretation is for the person to decide. And when it feels important and he/she can't figure it out, then go to someone you know for interpretation. Because it always has something to do with real life. Even Joseph knew that. Even Peter knew that.

Now try those dreamer sites you go to for interpretation and put Joe or Pete's dream in the loop. Then you gain the discernment that they are no different than a horoscope site. It's full of hooey!

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I had a strange dream in which someone was in possession of a stolen Bicycle and I stole it from them. I took it to a Park and waited for the Police to arrest me. Tied to the Bicycle were to very valuable paintings. Two Women approached me and claimed they were theirs and thanked me for recovering their property. I woke up before the police arrived. I cant fathom out why I
had the dream. I don't own a Bike and have lived a Law abiding life so far.