Naked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
This may seem more a testamony, but it is a witness as well.
Most important is how it was in the scriptures that I was brought to this.
Im not sure if I will be able to do justice to what God Our Father has done for me, and desires to do for everyone of his children. Im sure that many know this already, I will say I thought I did as well.
But we all know that the love of God Our Father is so great that it would take an eternity to know.
Anyway to the subject at hand.
I have always struggleld with being able to see why I am loved. Or if, or is it my deeds, works, aviodence of sin. Well Im sure all here have faced this, or still do.
My prayer every night has been Father I pray that one day I will love you not just in word but in deed and truth, always praying that one day I will be what he desires me to be.
I spent my life trying to be worth loving, yet broken because I wondered why I could not be loved as I am.
I knew scripture said that Jesus died for our sins and That God Our Father loves us , yet I continually struggled with all scripture that spoke to what we need to do, or not do. Thus still stuck on what must I do to be loved.
Last night in prayer I struggled with this again, but it was so great a weight that I felt flattened and broken in it.
I asked God Our Father that why must there always be reqirements for love, I angrily said Father, you even ask that we must die to ourselves in order to know you and your love.
It broke everything in me as I struggled with this, feeling betrayed, used.
But even though I hated that this is asked of us I submitted, trusting even though I felt totally destroyed by God Our Father request, trusting that what I understood was not what the message of Jesus is.
As I lay there... God Our Father began to show me, to pull my hands from my eyes again.
...........then I saw naked, the garden of eden naked..........
before Adam and Eve sinned, they were naked and knew not of sin.
Move forward to Jesus, our pictures always show some covering , but Jesus was naked on the cross.
He paid the price.
Then to what Jesus asks of us, deny our very selves to know him. Naked again.
Now I have always seen that it is all about sacrifice, all about the sin that convicts us, all about our works, all about what we must give up, fitting through the eye of the needle.
We can carry nothing with us when we come to God.
Again naked.
Then God Our Father through his Holy Spirit pulled the last few fingers from my eyes.
And I was able to see why being naked is so important.
Because he loves us compleatly naked. Not because of works, not denyed because of sin, thankyou Jesus! Because he wanted me to know that I am loved naked.
not denyed because of sin, not loved because of deeds, that his love is perfect , he loves us as we are. Naked!
Now before any start to speak to avoiding sin, and doing good works , understand that this is to serve his perpose and Glorify him.And we are called to do these things.
It is all important in his plan.
All to bring good works, to witness, to love, to glorify him.
But his love stands in just as we are.
Only one true reqirement, we accept Jesus as our Lord and savior, and to love the Lord Our God with all our mind, heart , soul and streangth. And Our neighbor as ourselves.
And covers everything in the scriptures.
Naked, he loves us, wants us to know his love is unconditional.
My hope in sharing this is that you will look at the scriptures in this understanding, look at how in the begining Adam and Eve were naked, and begin to see his great love for you with his understanding.
For those that wonder if they are ever what they need to be, to be loved.
You will understand and see.
I just wanted to witness to that , which has healed a great wound. And now I can stand before God Our Father naked, and perfect, with everyone of his children, naked.
In the Love of Jesus, God bless, pickles

L

lighthousejohn

Im not sure if I will be able to do justice to what God Our Father has done for me, and desires to do for everyone of his children. Im sure that many know this already, I will say I thought I did as well.
But we all know that the love of God Our Father is so great that it would take an eternity to know.
I have always struggleld with being able to see why I am loved. Or if, or is it my deeds, works, aviodence of sin. Well Im sure all here have faced this, or still do.
My prayer every night has been Father I pray that one day I will love you not just in word but in deed and truth, always praying that one day I will be what he desires me to be.
I spent my life trying to be worth loving, yet broken because I wondered why I could not be loved as I am.
I knew scripture said that Jesus died for our sins and That God Our Father loves us , yet I continually struggled with all scripture that spoke to what we need to do, or not do. Thus still stuck on what must I do to be loved.
Last night in prayer I struggled with this again, but it was so great a weight that I felt flattened and broken in it.
I asked God Our Father that why must there always be reqirements for love, I angrily said Father, you even ask that we must die to ourselves in order to know you and your love.
But even though I hated that this is asked of us I submitted, trusting even though I felt totally destroyed by God Our Father request, trusting that what I understood was not what the message of Jesus is.
As I lay there... God Our Father began to show me, to pull my hands from my eyes again.
Move forward to Jesus, our pictures always show some covering , but Jesus was naked on the cross.
He paid the price.
Now I have always seen that it is all about sacrifice, all about the sin that convicts us, all about our works, all about what we must give up, fitting through the eye of the needle.
Again naked.
Then God Our Father through his Holy Spirit pulled the last few fingers from my eyes.
Because he loves us compleatly naked. Not because of works, not denyed because of sin, thankyou Jesus! Because he wanted me to know that I am loved naked.
not denyed because of sin, not loved because of deeds, that his love is perfect , he loves us as we are. Naked!
Now before any start to speak to avoiding sin, and doing good works , understand that this is to serve his perpose and Glorify him.And we are called to do these things.
Only one true reqirement, we accept Jesus as our Lord and savior, and to love the Lord Our God with all our mind, heart , soul and streangth. And Our neighbor as ourselves.
My hope in sharing this is that you will look at the scriptures in this understanding, look at how in the begining Adam and Eve were naked, and begin to see his great love for you with his understanding.
I just wanted to witness to that , which has healed a great wound. And now I can stand before God Our Father naked, and perfect, with everyone of his children, naked.
Awesome post! I appreciate your insight into "how we are to come to God". I have heard it said many times "Naked we come into this world and naked we will leave it". While this may be true, we must also stand naked and devoid of any vestige of ourselves before God. Then God can clothe us with robes of rightousness. We must divest ourselves of our filthy rags (sins) that bind us to this world so that we can walk uprightly in His.

W

wwjd_kilden

Thank you for sharing this :) You are not the only one having struggled with those feelings. A wonderful reminder of the Love of God

Aug 2, 2009
He paid the price.
Again naked.
That was incredible! Thanks for sharing that.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
That was incredible! Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for sharing that Pickles it was lovely :) I think we have all struggled with this at one point or another.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
god loves us. jesus is the light of the world, and all who love the light come to the light, that their deeds might be manifest as being wrought in god.

when we come to him, it truly must be as you say, sister, naked, with no covering other than the blood of jesus. and as we draw near to our holy god, we see that everything we hold as our own is an attempt to hide ourselves from his sight, to keep him from seeing us fully. when we lay down everything, every work and thought and belief and conviction, to just stand naked in his sight, then we have fulfilled what jesus came to restore us to.

but it is a very terrifying thing to come to this place and still hold things in our hands. we have nothing that god wants. he wants us, just as we are, naked and open and with nothing hidden.

thank you sister.

May 21, 2009
Pickles I love how the Lord talks to you. He just plain loves you. How you love your children. Its important to just all the time say out loud God loves me!
The needle is a gate to enter to the Holy city. The camels have to kneel down to enter the gate.

Mar 11, 2009
He paid the price.
Again naked.
Peace be to you
exod;
For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)

We must be clothed in rightiousness,rev;
Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

rev;
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

The flesh is your old garment,The spirit is you new garment
2peter;
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Love a friend in God

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
god loves us. jesus is the light of the world, and all who love the light come to the light, that their deeds might be manifest as being wrought in god.

when we come to him, it truly must be as you say, sister, naked, with no covering other than the blood of jesus. and as we draw near to our holy god, we see that everything we hold as our own is an attempt to hide ourselves from his sight, to keep him from seeing us fully. when we lay down everything, every work and thought and belief and conviction, to just stand naked in his sight, then we have fulfilled what jesus came to restore us to.

but it is a very terrifying thing to come to this place and still hold things in our hands. we have nothing that god wants. he wants us, just as we are, naked and open and with nothing hidden.

thank you sister.
Thankyou for your words. What was truelly amazing was seeing that Jesus did not only pay the price for our sins, but also met the price of good works for us.
Thus all is done by the power of the Holy Spirit in us.
Not because it is required, but to his Glory!
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles I love how the Lord talks to you. He just plain loves you. How you love your children. Its important to just all the time say out loud God loves me!
The needle is a gate to enter to the Holy city. The camels have to kneel down to enter the gate.
I have always loved the comparison to the needle gate.
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Peace be to you
exod;
For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)

We must be clothed in rightiousness,rev;
Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

rev;
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

The flesh is your old garment,The spirit is you new garment
2peter;
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Love a friend in God
Good words wisdom, I never cease to be amazed at how one can think they know Gods love and he prunes you and shows how infinite his love is.
I like the mention of the robes of white, He showed me that he will cloth all of us in these last night.
Sometimes you just want to stand still and never move from his presance, stay in that wonderous moment. But the valleys and hills are the walk we must continue.
God bless, pickles

Dec 19, 2009
Thankyou for your words. What was truelly amazing was seeing that Jesus did not only pay the price for our sins, but also met the price of good works for us.
Thus all is done by the power of the Holy Spirit in us.
Not because it is required, but to his Glory!
God bless, pickles
And because you know that it proves your heart is in the right place with God and you truly are close to Him.

Mar 11, 2009
Good words wisdom, I never cease to be amazed at how one can think they know Gods love and he prunes you and shows how infinite his love is.
I like the mention of the robes of white, He showed me that he will cloth all of us in these last night.
Sometimes you just want to stand still and never move from his presance, stay in that wonderous moment. But the valleys and hills are the walk we must continue.
God bless, pickles
Peace be to you
Im happy your not offended pickles

Love a friend in God

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Peace be to you
Im happy your not offended pickles

Love a friend in God
How can one be offended when all that we do and are is of Our Lord Jesus, God Our Father in heaven, his Holy Spirit. The credit is not mine, nor the work. It is all by Our Lord God, in us, by his great love , will and power.
The only one we need concern about offending is God Our Father, thats where the good fear comes in.
Smiles and God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
And because you know that it proves your heart is in the right place with God and you truly are close to Him.
Thankyou living, but my heart is where he has placed it, not by my work but his power.
No one is alone when they stand before him naked. All his children are there.
Thankyou for your sweet words though. :)
God bless, pickles

Dec 19, 2009
How can one be offended when all that we do and are is of Our Lord Jesus, God Our Father in heaven, his Holy Spirit. The credit is not mine, nor the work. It is all by Our Lord God, in us, by his great love , will and power.
The only one we need concern about offending is God Our Father, thats where the good fear comes in.
Smiles and God bless, pickles
I believe we may know a true Christian by those who truly seek their Heavenly Father glorified for what has been done in their lives, and have a sure knowledge that it is what he has done, not what they have done themselves.

God Bless Pickles I am sure God delights in the Glory you give Him

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I believe we may know a true Christian by those who truly seek their Heavenly Father glorified for what has been done in their lives, and have a sure knowledge that it is what he has done, not what they have done themselves.

God Bless Pickles I am sure God delights in the Glory you give Him
As Im sure he does in you as well. :)
The grace is just flowing like a mighty river right now. Who knows how far he will bring us all!
God bless, pickles

Dec 19, 2009
As Im sure he does in you as well. :)
The grace is just flowing like a mighty river right now. Who knows how far he will bring us all!
God bless, pickles
Tis grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home

M

Mulehide

Thank you for your post Pickles. It was a blessing!

W

worldlover

Thanks for the words of wisdom pickles. got more inspired to do good things!