Name for a baby

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Liz01

If you have a baby, which name would you chose for him or her? and why?

B

Brandon777

Melody or Grace for a girl. Adam or Matthew for a boy. Because I like those names.

J

Jullianna

Girl: Amy Nicole or Jullianna

Boy: Noah or Caleb

K

kayem77

For a moment I thought you were having a baby hahaha misleading title :p

Well I always change my mind and I will probably change my mind again haha but ....

Boy: I have always liked the name Santiago,and Esteban which translated to english would be James(according to the Bible) and Steven. I also like the name Joshua even though it's way too common.

Girl: I like the names Victoria, Danielle, and Julia.

Aug 2, 2009
boy: Achlamideus

girl: Capeshia

...because I like those names, and because I just made them up.

C

CHCSurvivor

Boy: Lawson James

Girl: Deborah Lynn

The boy's name is because my "Missouri Mama," a dear friend that passed in December was a huge influence on my life and her last name was Lawson, and my CC dad, who I look up to as a mentor, father figure, and man of God's name is James. The girl's name is because Deborah was the first prophetess in the Bible and possessed great strength, and my mother's middle name is Lynn.

Aug 2, 2009
You're a stalker aren't you.

By the way, I'm just kidding! :p

K

Kooper

Emma, Evelyn, Emily, Eve, Eden, Elizabeth, and Erica. (girl)
Ethan, Eli, Eric, Evan, and Ezra. (boy)
Tara, Téa (TAY-Yah), Templa, and Trinity. (girl)
Tadeo, Tedd, Temple, Theo, Thomas, and Toby. (boy)

Additional boys name names I like: Corban, Samuel, Matthan, Addison, and David.

Now the top "E" and "T" names are those that will go with my initials... Oh nevermind. I have so many favorites. :p

Why? It's just good to have a few certain options. Plus, some of these names are practical and extravagant.

Last edited:
L

Liz01

For a moment I thought you were having a baby hahaha misleading title :p

Well I always change my mind and I will probably change my mind again haha but ....

Boy: I have always liked the name Santiago,and Esteban which translated to english would be James(according to the Bible) and Steven. I also like the name Joshua even though it's way too common.

Girl: I like the names Victoria, Danielle, and Julia.

hahaha no kayem, im not having a baby, i wish a baby in the future if i marry :)

Emma, Evelyn, Emily, Eve, Eden, Elizabeth, and Erica. (girl)
Ethan, Eli, Eric, Evan, and Ezra. (boy)
Tara, Téa (TAY-Yah), Templa, and Trinity. (girl)
Tadeo, Tedd, Temple, Theo, Thomas, and Toby. (boy)

Additional boys name names I like: Corban, Samuel, Matthan, Addison, and David.

Now the top "E" and "T" names are those that will go with my initials... Oh nevermind. I have so many favorites. :p

Why? It's just good to have a few certain options. Plus, some of these names are practical and extravagant.

the inicials of your name are E. T. ? hmmmm **thinking**

C

CC_Bride

Melody or Grace for a girl. Adam or Matthew for a boy. Because I like those names.
Yes!! I love hearing people love my name! :D

We've already decided on the back up boy/girl names

Isaiah/Caleb or Pearl/Amy

Isaiah is my husbands favorite book in the bible and Caleb is my favorite male person in the bible.
I like Amy (not alternative spelling though). It means beloved. And my husband has always wanted a daughter named Pearl.

G

GreenNnice

Yes!! I love hearing people love my name! :D

We've already decided on the back up boy/girl names

Isaiah/Caleb or Pearl/Amy

Isaiah is my husbands favorite book in the bible and Caleb is my favorite male person in the bible.
I like Amy (not alternative spelling though). It means beloved. And my husband has always wanted a daughter named Pearl.
----
Why Caleb favorite bible figure, CC?
-----
I like names joella , Esther, hannah for girl and joel, Jackson, manny, for boy.

----
Hey, koopa, don't you think you're a bit picky when it comes to name-picking :D

C

CatWoman

I did have 2 babies. I named my daughter Mariah Lynn. She was born in 1981. I named her Mariah because it was a rare name at the time. Then 10 years later Mariah Carie came out with an album. Since then I have met so many girls named after Mariah Carie.My whole plan backfired of having a daughter with an unusual name. Then in 1985 I had my son and named him William Robert.Not thinking I named him Billy Bob.lol

I think it would be cool to have twin girls and name them Ruby and Pearl or Daisy and Rose.
I like boys names Brice, Ashton and Jack.

R

Relena7

I doubt I'll have kids....but I like the names Jasmine and Bella for a girl, and Andy for a boy.

Actually, I'd probably want to think of something less common than Andy. But for now those pop into mind. :)

C

CC_Bride

----
Why Caleb favorite bible figure, CC?
I really like Caleb because of how brave he was to stand up against 10 other Israelite spies and encourage the take over of Canaan whereas they opposed it due to the Amalekites being giants. Joshua, Aaron and Moses were the main stars of Exodus, but I like how Caleb was humble and stood in the background and God honored that and allowed him to be the only person from Egypt to live to see the Promised Land and he ended up being second in command next to Joshua.

But Joshua the son of Nun and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, who were among those who had spied out the land, tore their clothes; and they spoke to all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying: “The land we passed through to spy out is an exceedingly good land. If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, ‘a land which flows with milk and honey.’Only do not rebel against the Lord, nor fear the people of the land, for they are our bread; their protection has departed from them, and the Lord is with us. Do not fear them.”

"...because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice, they certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers, nor shall any of those who rejected Me see it. But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it. Num 14:6-9,20-24.

I want my sons to read their bible and get excited when they read their name sake. And I want them to aspire to those men. Not perfect but humble yet brave Jesus followers

Last edited:

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I like bad guy Bible names like Ahab, Jezebel, Delilah, Pontius, Haman, Nebuchadnezzar, Cain, Balaam, Sephira, Herod, etc. ;)

I wonder at what age it is that babies respond to their own name. I prefer to think of them as People names, not that babies aren't people, its just different.

Joey might seem like the cutest baby name ever but, unfortunately its going to haunt him forever.