name the 12 disciples

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OFM

they wer apostoles we r diciples

J

jkalyna

IS THIS A POP QUIZ :cool:

O

OFM

yes nme 12 kinds of Soda-Pop.

O

OFM

thanx+thankyou+amen.

F

Foxxtale

TRICK QUESTION!
a Disciple is a "follower or learner". an Apostle is "one who is sent out"

There were many disciples...
While the Bible talks about the original 12 disciples, only 11 became apostles.
The original 12 disciples while Jesus was alive included:
The names of the twelve apostles are these: first, Simon, wwho is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; 3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;1 4 Simon the Zealot,2 and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him. (Matthew 10:2-4)
-Simon Peter
-Andrew
-James (the son of Zebedee)
-John
-Philip
-Bartholomew
-Thomas
-Matthew
-James (the son of Alphaeus)
-Thaddaeus
-Simon (the Zealot)
-Judas Iscariot

but of course, Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus and died prior to ever becoming an Apostle. He was replaced by Matthias (Acts 1:26)

and of course Paul (formerly Saul) was also an Apostle, so technically, there were 13 Apostles

Last edited:
F

Foxxtale

and I can't edit... so I will clarify.
Judas was technically an Apostle too, but never made it to the receiving of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost due to his being dead at the time...
so I suppose there were actually 14 apostles total XD

O

OFM

Mark was one 2 on one list as well amen