names and titles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2013
By what title or names did the children (of OT and NT times) call their parents? Master, King, father, Dad, Pops, Pa, Nimrod the second, etc; Mistress, Queen, Mother, Mom, (there is no name for as in the Male gender for the female term for Pops?)
Ma, I emagine Nimrod had a wife I guess I'll have to look up Her name...ahha!

My Step Dad I used to call him Dad...reluctantly. But then when I was ticked at him, it changed to OK JOHN, and he'd go, "what did you say" and I'd say back, "WELL YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!! YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO". I tell you what, it took some pretty "big ones" to say that to his face....of acourse I lost "those" big ones in a hurry and ran for Mom. Didn't do no good, you know the rest and the hatred begins, and not just by me. John hated my guts and John was John Wayne, Dirty Harry, the UGLY, and Bat Masterson all in one. The best point of view right now is I never met a man I cried my eyes out so much for at His funeral because we loved each other SOOOOOOOO MUCH. I learned to love and respect Him and He did Me. I can tell you He left out of this world with a class A rapport and I call him Dad.
Talk about the HS turning the hearts of the Fathers and Children toward each other...Awesome ey?

And Joseph called Pharoah?

Was just wondering...

K

Kerry

Actually the word father means source and sustainer. So who ever is doing that is dad. I meant even Sarah called Abraham Lord.

Jul 25, 2013
Ok so you're saying the kids called their dad dad? I see Sarah calling Abe Lord.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2013
What I mean is what is the Hebrew and Greek words they used to address their parents and is Dad the english translation for the titles they used or did they just call their parents by their first names? Did Issac call his Dad Lord, Lord Abraham, Father etc?

Mar 15, 2014
Repent of calling that older guy, "Dad". Don't let youngsters that you are helping to raise call you "Dad."

"And call no man your father on earth for you have one Father, who is in heaven." Matt 23:9

T

The_highwayman

Repent of calling that older guy, "Dad". Don't let youngsters that you are helping to raise call you "Dad."

"And call no man your father on earth for you have one Father, who is in heaven." Matt 23:9
If anyone need to repent it is you, Mr. Half the Bible is allegory and Mr. spreading replacement theology....

Mar 15, 2014
If anyone need to repent it is you, Mr. Half the Bible is allegory and Mr. spreading replacement theology....
What is your problem?? Do you have a problem with Matt 23:9?? Let's hear it. If you don't believe it, what does that say about your replacement theology?

T

The_highwayman

What is your problem?? Do you have a problem with Matt 23:9?? Let's hear it. If you don't believe it, what does that say about your replacement theology?
You ae the problem troll, take your heresy and take the train

Mar 15, 2014
You ae the problem troll, take your heresy and take the train
Why did you even post anything in this thread? You are just trolling. What is your problem with Matt 23:9? If you don't believe that verse, then maybe you should learn.

T

The_highwayman

Why did you even post anything in this thread? You are just trolling. What is your problem with Matt 23:9? If you don't believe that verse, then maybe you should learn.
Why are you attempting to get me to validate your false gospel? False teachers like you easily take verses out of Context, like Matthew 23.9.

I don't have the time or the inclination to attempt to correct you, because it would feed your need to continue spreading a false Gospel and in no way add value to anything or convince you otherwise of what you have been taught or believe.

Take the train

john832

May 31, 2013
Why are you attempting to get me to validate your false gospel? False teachers like you easily take verses out of Context, like Matthew 23.9.

I don't have the time or the inclination to attempt to correct you, because it would feed your need to continue spreading a false Gospel and in no way add value to anything or convince you otherwise of what you have been taught or believe.

Take the train
Here are three more for Mr. I Take Verses Out of Context...

Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Luk 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Joh 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.