Nasssssty Meatsesses!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 12, 2013
Life On A Diet Of Nothing But Raw Meat | NWOTruth

Should we go back to the wild? Via Vice, Derek Nance has eaten nothing but raw, often rotting meat for six years. He claims he has never felt better:

[The raw meat diet] was started by a dentist named Weston Price who in the 1930s studied the health benefits of eating more raw foods, including meats. He studied the Native Americans and a few of them who lived on a guts-and-grease diet. He found people in primitive communities were much healthier than we are today.

I had a couple of goats in my yard, so I slaughtered them. I ate both of those goats, all raw, and just switched over like that. After the first week, I felt absolutely great, and I never went back.

The organ meat of the animal actually contains vitamin C. So I just eat the organ meat and the connective tissue and everything else. I also eat rotten meat. It’s a probiotic.

This Guy's Eaten Nothing but Raw Meat for Five Years | VICE Canada

Miss

May 18, 2013
PoxEclipse is that kosher!!!

Jul 12, 2013
Jerky

[video=youtube;MZiRrf2Zip4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZiRrf2Zip4[/video]

As an experiment I tried this persons recipe and it turned out very well! I will make a few alterations to the next batch I make (reducing salt, perhaps adding garlic or rosemary, extra black pepper...).

I left the beef in brine mix one or two nights in the refrigerator, and as a test, I tasted (and consumed) the raw, brined meat. It was surprisingly delicious! There were no resulting illnesses. I believe the salt content may have had something to do with the disinfection/preservation of the meat.

It is also a well known practice to "chemically cook" fish (sushi) in lemon juice or other acid base fluids (vinegar?). Depending on the procedure, you may or may not have good luck with this. I don't believe lemon juice is recommended for red meat, though it may work in a pinch.

There are several citings of cooking foods beyond a certain temperature damaging the vitamin content/nutrition of your foods. Raw does seem to be the most healthy for vegetables. I'm guessing that parasites in meats would be the biggest concern.

Peace and love to you all,

P.

May 15, 2013
I believe that a person must cook their meats very thorough by slowly cooking it for a long period of time, like four or more hours in an oven. But I believe what made him felt better is that he had must of stayed away from GMO products.

S

ServantStrike

Food needs to be at least a bit cooked, but beef should really only be served rare.

If hamburger was properly prepared and not done in such large commerical establishments, you could cook it rare and be pretty safe. Steak cooked anything but rare is an abomination.

But raw meat from a land dwelling animal? Invitation for tapeworms.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Steak cooked anything but rare is an abomination.
Leviticus 19:26, "You shall not eat anything with the blood...."

rare = blood in it....

I will have my steak WELL done, I will pass on the bacteria and disease in the blood....

S

ServantStrike

Leviticus 19:26, "You shall not eat anything with the blood...."

rare = blood in it....

I will have my steak WELL done, I will pass on the bacteria and disease in the blood....
I don't think I ever really made that particular connection. Even well done still has blood. I thought that was more of a prohibition against consuming the blood itself (which was popular in pagan rituals at the time). I will give you that not cooking a calf in it's mother's milk means no cheeseburgers though (although again, maybe not, as long as it was a different mother).

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I don't think I ever really made that particular connection. Even well done still has blood. I thought that was more of a prohibition against consuming the blood itself (which was popular in pagan rituals at the time). I will give you that not cooking a calf in it's mother's milk means no cheeseburgers though (although again, maybe not, as long as it was a different mother).
the calf in the mothers milk thing is just that, the cheese and meat thing that was a Pharisee law.

yeah when I cook my meat I allow for the "juices" to drain off, or I drain the pan and slap the meat back in there! I used to eat rare, never again Yahweh willing. I like well now, the thought of rare makes me want to gag..

A

AmberGardner

Yuuukkkk. I like meat sometimes but not all the time. It gets old to me. If it were left more up to me I'd eat less meat than I would other things like fruits and veggies. I'm a carniverous vegetarian.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Yuuukkkk. I like meat sometimes but not all the time. It gets old to me. If it were left more up to me I'd eat less meat than I would other things like fruits and veggies. I'm a carniverous vegetarian.
i agree little meat lots of veggies and fruit!

K

Kia123

Im a full fledged vegetarian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meat is not healthy in my opinion. especially not with what is put in it nowdays :p

W

wwjd_kilden

No thanks, I will have my beef fairly well done, just a tiny touch on pink in the middle please
Too many scary diseases out there.... when fully cooking it at least one knows most of that is killed.

Oct 31, 2011
The problem with our food today is all the adjustments made to it from how God designed it. God designed our body and our food, when it is changed they don't match. Cooking it doesn't change it that much. Homogenizing, heating at extreme temperatures, filtering, and all the fancy improvements does change the structure and our bodies can't use it correctly. How grain and oil is processed is a prime example. Oil needs to be pressed, not processed. Grain needs stones to grind, not the steel grinders that grind at extreme temperatures. Taking out parts of the grain just ruins it for our bodies. Milk is structurally changed.

It is very expensive to buy meat that has eaten regular God made, unadjusted food. Our meat has feed lots, chemicals, lots of improvements made to it. Even our eggs aren't real any more.

If you can find real, unadjusted food, you could cook it however you like and be healthier.

Jordan Rubin wrote a book about it called The Maker's Diet that explains it well, and others have written about it.