Need Advice on Knowledge of Bible and Commands

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
sorry to bother you, but I’m curious as to what you think of my message above (#18)
Here is my answer
I don't think it's about listing
Good/bad
Sin/Right action
What this Christian life is about is
The real truth
We are all weak and courupt
All of us, so we know when
We do the wrong if we are honest but we need keep moving
Get up, confess, ask forgiveness Be honest and keep walking to the knowledge and resonance
Of God - the more you keep honest and not religious
The more freedom from the world you will experience
Hope that makes sense

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
Here is my answer
I don't think it's about listing
Good/bad
Sin/Right action
What this Christian life is about is
The real truth
We are all weak and courupt
All of us, so we know when
We do the wrong if we are honest but we need keep moving
Get up, confess, ask forgiveness Be honest and keep walking to the knowledge and resonance
Of God - the more you keep honest and not religious
The more freedom from the world you will experience
Hope that makes sense
Thank you for your message Platosgal
I have a question though
What if there’s an action you perceive to be wrong, but is actually not wrong
Would you confess it anyway?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I have a question though
I know you did not ask me, but...

There are things spoken of in Scripture that can be wrong for you but right for others, and vice versa...

If you really feel convicted about something, it is probably something you should not be doing.

However, if it seems wrong without making sense as to the why it may be wrong, it may
be advisable to speak to someone about it, preferably a Christian, a mature Christian :)

Someone who can help you process why you think it wrong, and whether or not it really is.

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
I know you did not ask me, but...

There are things spoken of in Scripture that can be wrong for you but right for others, and vice versa...

If you really feel convicted about something, it is probably something you should not be doing.

However, if it seems wrong without making sense as to the why it may be wrong, it may
be advisable to speak to someone about it, preferably a Christian, a mature Christian :)

Someone who can help you process why you think it wrong, and whether or not it really is.
Haha it’s okay if u responded and I didn’t ask you
Thanks for replying Magenta!

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
I have a question though
If you are doing something that your
Gut says is not right
Stop
I don't know what u mean by "confession " but I do know some behavior is bothering you - so abstain
Or just stop
Ask God to help over and over and you will stop effortlessly and
be so happy when God shows up in your life and you have freedom
The goal is freedom and integrity

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
If you are doing something that your
Gut says is not right
Stop
I don't know what u mean by "confession " but I do know some behavior is bothering you - so abstain
Or just stop
Ask God to help over and over and you will stop effortlessly and
be so happy when God shows up in your life and you have freedom
The goal is freedom and integrity
Hmm, when I say confession, I think I’m referring to something related to 1 John 1:9

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Well. Then if you feel the need to confess do so
And agree in prayer with whomever you tell this issue to have God remove it

Apr 20, 2021
Should I just try marathoning sections of the Bible along with doing the bare minimum for my academics for now? Should I try looking at a list of every biblical command and asking questions to people if I need help? I’m curious as to what y’all’s thoughts are on this.
There's always time to read the Word. I recommend going through Matthew and John, onto Acts and through the NT. Now, something you should really pin down in your mind are the two greatest commandments:
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

What is love? Read 1 Corinthians 13 to find the answer to that.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
"

It's about a loving relationship with the Lord, not a list of rules. Some passages I recommend you keep in mind are: Romans 12:9-21 and Psalm 119:9-11.

Always remember to pray!

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
I’m not sure if I’ve gone through everything in this thread, but thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond