need advice plzz

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

in-the-middle-1825

heyy everyone, im new to this site. But i need some advice. so i grew up catholic, thats how my dad wanted to raise me, my mom is (or used to be) christian, my older sister and her husband are christian now and my other older sister is catholic. I've been telling my sister (the one that's christian) that i dont have in interest in the church my dad goes to and she invited me to go with her to her church to see if i liked that one better, but i dont know if i should because when my dad found out that my sister switched churches he kinda got mad. im pretty much stuck in the middle here, my sister got me a bible and i've been reading that but i really wanted to ty he church out but i dont want my dad finding out! its just that i think about everything else when i'm in the church my dad goes to, i can never keep my attention on the mass. i don't know what to do, can anyone help?!?

A

awestruckbygrace

hey, i'm new here too : ) so here is what i think.. it is great that you are reading your Bible and seeking God on your own time- that is the best thing you can do. however, going to a church where there are people your age you can fellowship with and relate to is a huge help and tool living in this world. for me, my church is a HUGE blessing. i would recommend talking to your dad completely honestly, telling him that you are looking for a different church experience, etc. if he gets mad, don't be defensive- always obey and honor him even when it is difficult. story of my life. anyway, pray for God to soften his heart and favor on the situation. i'm praying for you to end up where you need to be!!

Apr 13, 2007
I agree, talk with your dad, and be totally honest with him, respect and honor him no matter how he feels or reacts. Follow what you feel the Lord is telling you to do and where He's leading you. You can't go wrong that way! Pray about all things, make sure all the decisions are made from what God says to do. Ask Him to lead you where HE wants you and KNOWS is best for you. I'll be praying, and God bless you hon.

R

radical_christian

Follow what the Lord tells you to do. As for your dad i will be praying that God makes him understand the situation. Like the others, I believe that despite the circumstances always honor him. Whats important is that you are seeking God and that you know the truth. God bless you and I have faith that everything will work out fine. (Don't worry about it. God says that you can cast your cares on Him and that above all you are not alone.)