Need Advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 14, 2011
I'am tryin to enlist in the Marine Corp but they recruiters) refuse to give me a waiver, which they aren't suppose to do; for a crimnal record. What can I do? and why can't the justice system forgive, when the Lord God did?!

M

MaggieMye

They won't do it for you because then they would have to do it for everyone and they have no way of judging character without having a relationship with a person. If they did it for everyone, the military would be filled with harden hearts who had done their time but made no positive changes in their character and it would have a massive amount of "live cannons" that might BLOW at any given moment. It is not a slam against YOU, per se. But it is a regulation that keeps our military service people safe, for the most part, at least within their own side's territory.

M

MaggieMye

Have you tried National Guard? I think they might be a bit more forgiving.

May 21, 2009
I'am tryin to enlist in the Marine Corp but they recruiters) refuse to give me a waiver, which they aren't suppose to do; for a crimnal record. What can I do? and why can't the justice system forgive, when the Lord God did?!

That's the rules. I knew one who didn't get in the service for the same reason. I guess they think once a criminal always. I know we grow and learn from our mistakes, least some do. But times we pay for a long time for things we did. Write the President and see what happens. I'm sure God can use you in something else. Gods best to you!

Aug 14, 2011
Hmmm, I think they've made a poor decision. I would of been an excellent soldier w out a hard heart! But then again, they are who they are. More then likely I'll go to school even though I do not want that.

D

DiscipleWilliam

I'm sorry that they refuse to give you that waiver that bites, ironically enough, if they ever institute the draft you might be the first one they call. *shakes head* Well the good thing is that you're already enlisted in the Army of God! In this world people can be very unforgiving (including professing Christians) but as long as you are valued in the eyes of the Lord that's all that matters. I'm confident that you will find something, have you ever considered taping into your spiritual gifts endeavoring in the Christian ministry? You should think about that.

Aug 25, 2011
I can relate: tried to join any branch of the military, but could not.

So I signed the petition in my signature.

U

Ugly

I'm taking a guess, but i'm assuming part of the idea, at least, is that they don't want career criminals getting paid to learn how to shoot better, fight better, kill better and be more disciplined. You may not be a career criminal, but how are they to know who will go on to be a good soldier and who will only take what they learn and use it in their crimes. The only standard they can go by is your past. But isn't that how most thing work, sometimes a few innocents have to pay to maintain the general safety of others? It's not always fair, but people aren't perfect, and neither will be their ideas on how to run things.

F

fotolady

Really, I agree with the responses. Put yourself in thier shoes. They don't know your from anyone else. Look at the history of most people who have gone to jail. Statistics say, most people return. I don't know you and I'm not judging. However, for the safety of others, I think it's the right thing for them to do. Unfortuanately the law isn't as forgiven, but the bible speaks of obeying the laws of the land. Perhaps since this may not be an option for you. Find ways to volunteer in something that coud make you feel a since of pride. Simultaneously it will display how you've changed for the better. Who knows a window may open some place else for you. Good luck!

D

DiscipleWilliam

What I can't figure out is why should you have to have a squeaky clean record to go and kill people???

Aug 14, 2011
The bible also states one shall not kill, but it's being done anyway. A lot of american soldiers partake of things in this world that are not of God. They use perverse language, they have wayyy to much pride, the go to strip bars, and a lot of other sneaky stuff. I don't believe for a minute that in their hearts they would really put the Lord God first above man's will in their life which is hateful, corrupt, confusion, and full of wrath. Ultimately I feel I wouldn't make it in their due to my spiritual beliefs which they say is the same one they believe in..which is a downtrodden lie, because the Lord God forgave me for a minor crime of theft but yet these men feel they have authority over God and refuse to give me a waiver, even with the recomendation letters I've goting even from 3 veteran Marines that believe that I wouldn't steal or harm anyone. I work as a cleaner for Merry Maids and clean very expensive high class homes, and never stold anything. And as far as harming people, isn't that something we all are involved in on a daily basis, even our own children with corrupt goverment, killers, rapist, robbers, and this perthectic war we are in now? I'm here to serve for a good cause. To help others, to love others according to Gods commandment. Not to kill, but they got their minds wrapped on killing...even women and innocent children. So in the end, they will not see the end of God's wrath and will be difficult to get that waiver to HEAVEN! Me, I dust off my shoulders, keep my head up with the Lord God in mind and heart. And though one door has closed, another will reopen in Jesus name! Amen

Feliz Navidad!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
I'm sorry that they refuse to give you that waiver that bites, ironically enough, if they ever institute the draft you might be the first one they call. *shakes head* Well the good thing is that you're already enlisted in the Army of God! In this world people can be very unforgiving (including professing Christians) but as long as you are valued in the eyes of the Lord that's all that matters. I'm confident that you will find something, have you ever considered taping into your spiritual gifts endeavoring in the Christian ministry? You should think about that.
It's the best standing army of all time I'm glad that I am part of it. The best C.O. you could ever have (Jesus) not to mention The commander and chief just can't be beat and the benefits are eternal if your a good soldier and you can't get that anywhere else!

Selah