Need encouragement. Married to unbeliever

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Thank you for sharing your testimony
My husband will not go to church (but that doesn’t mean I have stopped praying he will one day or stop me from still inviting him)
He doesn’t even want me to go, but we have agreed on me going with the kids every second Sunday.
I agree with what you’ve said about how important it is to be in a Bible believing church not the worldly or liberal minded.

My husband did not take my conversion well. He tells me I’m boring now and other hurtful things.
Somehow he prefers the wife that can drink a few glasses of wine every night and doesn’t mind people swearing or watching all of the “popular” Netflix shows.

just have to keep being a witness to him and keep praying. It’s so hard being unequally yolked but we all have our cross to carry. Just have to keep trusting in the Lord and his plan/timing.

With that other comment about a legal battle it would only destroy our family and make it much harder to disciple my children.
The kids go to Christian private school and I can read the Bible and our devotions to them nightly.
I hate that I have to compromise going to church only half the time but at this point if I challenge my husband he will just retaliate and start telling the kids the Bible is not true and Jesus is not real etc etc.
I’ve been down that road already.
I just pray for Him and live peaceably as much as possible.
I commend you for sticking it out and doing the right thing, even though its hard!