Need Guidance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 20, 2020
Hi, I have grown up in a secular household and I am having a hard time trying to become closer to and knowing God. I went to a camp about a year back and since then I've wanted to know more about God and Christianity in general. I don't have anyone around me that I can talk to or ask questions so I wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to help me out and keep me accountable. I really want to be a better person and I really want to find someone (or multiple people) that can help me achieve that. I'm 17 and I'm not sure if I'm too late to be saved or to be forgiven but I thought that I'd at least try... thanks

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Hi, I have grown up in a secular household and I am having a hard time trying to become closer to and knowing God. I went to a camp about a year back and since then I've wanted to know more about God and Christianity in general. I don't have anyone around me that I can talk to or ask questions so I wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to help me out and keep me accountable. I really want to be a better person and I really want to find someone (or multiple people) that can help me achieve that. I'm 17 and I'm not sure if I'm too late to be saved or to be forgiven but I thought that I'd at least try... thanks

"Hello."
"Your words caught my attention. So young, I commend you on your thoughts, and I truly
hope you don't get caught up in this world of great deception, and it is sad, but much comes
from professed 'Christians'. Let us be reminded, each shall be responsible and accountable
of our own lives. I learned long ago, it was myself that had to change, my attitude and my behavior,
and earnestly strive each day to live by God's 'principles' of life, that alone being a daily challenge,
believe it. Know this and know it well, a 'friend' may be closer than you realize."

56bc6e0ba935a_Serenity-Copy(8)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy_jpg...jpg :)

Jul 9, 2020
I salute you for wanting to do right. I'm certainly not the person you want or need for accountability, but I thought I'd give you a couple quick thoughts...

So you want to 1. know about God and Christianity and 2. be a better person? My suggestion would be to first focus on learning and knowing your God. As you do that, then as a byproduct you will start to become a better person. If you do the reverse order, then it just leads to spiritual pride which is a complete fail and probably worse than doing nothing.

Regarding your forgiveness. It doesn't matter what you did. You've been forgiven. That doesn't mean you're going to heaven. But forgiveness was accomplished by Jesus on the cross. I'd suggest spending a good amount of time just thanking Him for this. I'd really spend some time thinking about the implications of that forgiveness. It can take awhile. I'd give yourself at least a year or two of just building up that trust in His forgiveness.

Again. wtg on desiring to seek Him and on wanting to be better. I have confidence you will succeed. Don't give up when you fail. Just get back up and keep on keepin on.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Do you have a Bible or can find it free online? The number 1 to grow closer is to start reading His Word and then studying His Word. The whole Bible will teach you about God, the New Testament will teach you the foundation of Christianity and the book of Acts described the early church. If you are still conscious and breathing then it isn't too late.

Have you accepted Christ into your heart? If you have not then this is the first step. Very important as it will wake you up to the Spirits guidance. You can do this here and now by simply praying.

Prayer is done as one who is speaking to God in respect, awe, love, and desire to grow closer but also to build a relationship. God loves to hear about our life and will answer prayers.

Praying can be done by simply closing the eyes and bowing the head.

Then you can simply repeat the words below.

" I may not have all my questions answered or know much of the details but Jesus I know enough to realize I need you in my life. I understand I am a sinner and you sacrificed your life to wash away my sins. Your Words are the words of life, I will listen and obey so that I may grow in understanding and so that I may bring others closer to you. Jesus I am asking for you to enter my heart. In your Holy name, Amen."

Next step is crucial. As a new Christian, your roots are not firm and deeply planted. You risk the possibility of being chocked out by the thorns of life.

Get connected to the body of Christ and stay connected. The body being the church. Stay connected on here until you are free to find a church then connect to both areas. Your spirituality is like a muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets. The less you use it, the weaker it gets.

Be blessed.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello LightningSpirit03,

Welcome to CC! God loves you and we're glad you're here! :love:(y)

It's NOT too late for you to be forgiven and saved! Simply pray and believe in Jesus Christ.......

Dear Heavenly Father,

I want to know You and love You. I repent of my sins, please forgive me. I receive Your Mercy. I choose Jesus Christ to be my Savior, Lord and King. I believe that You love me and gave Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ to save me. He died for me - His Blood takes away my sin and His Body gives me His righteousness - the Human Fulfillment of Your Law. Your Holy Spirit seals me and marks me as Your possession, Your child.

Please help me find a life-giving church where I can grow in Your Word and fellowship with other born again believers. Help me get water baptized as a sign that You and I are in covenant together - You promise to always love me and give me Eternal Life and I promise to always love You and be Yours - You are my God, there is no other. I shall not run after other gods.

Baptize me with Your Holy Spirit so that I can be empowered to live this new life in Jesus Christ and be an effective witness of Jesus Christ in the Earth. Help me to not grieve, quench or neglect the Holy Spirit. May Your Holy Spirit teach me the scriptures and give me understanding of who You are for I desire a relationship with You - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, I receive the Gift of Salvation, thank You! Amen. :love:

DorotheaSofia

Sep 21, 2020
I'm 17 and I'm not sure if I'm too late to be saved or to be forgiven but I thought that I'd at least try... thanks
It´s never too late to be forgiven. Your new life in the spirit can begin any time you confess your sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.
I´d really recommend reading the bible, and if your`re wondering about salvation, maybe romans 5-8. Here´s a link to that:
https://www.bible.com/bible/116/ROM.5.NLT
I´d also recommend watching christian youtubers such as Coffee and Bible Time, Farawaydistance and Savannah Lewie, because it might really help you understand the gospel more.
God bless you!