Need Help identifying song

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rifleman

Jun 26, 2020
My daughter asked me about a song I used to play when she was very young. I can remember very little about it and need help identifying it. It was sung by a man about his little girl who had passed away and I think I remember that he could hear her dancing on streets of gold. I can only narrow it down to the 90's or 2000's. I know it is not much to go on but I am desperate to remember song. Any help would be appreciated.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
The Christmas shoes by NewSong?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Amy's song? https://www.newreleasetoday.com/lyricsdetail.php?lyrics_id=105264
There's another song with that title that is NOT the same one it seems.

I found a couple others that may be it even though I realize christmas shoes didn't exactly fit your stated criteria, it just came to mind. Do you remember what type of music it was? The genre narrows it down a lot. Was it a man or a woman singing? Do you remember any instruments? Was it secular or not? Some secular artists have biblical themes so that might also help.

Perhaps I can help you find it :)

Rifleman

Jun 26, 2020
Amy's Song!!!!!! That was it. I am so grateful to you for locating this for me. My baby daughter is eighteen and remembered that i used to listen to this song when she was just a small child. It meant so much to me to find this for her. For more than twelve years now, I have been a single parent (Dad) and she is my last to reach adulthood. I raised four children alone and survived cancer along the way. They are all I have and I believe myself to be the richest man on earth. Parenting has its ups and downs but I rejoice in the singular fact that "It is Well With Her Soul"!!!!!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Success! Glad that worked out :)